Reply to Thread

Thread: Trade Routes as part of Economy

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Trade Routes as part of Economy

Some of us (especially guild members) produce excess quantities of a resource, whereas others have a need for more than they can produce. For example, I use more water than I can make, and my guild-mate makes more water than they need.

Now, we can set up a trade. Send over 40k, I put it in storage. Do this manually every few days or what not. But.... Wouldn't it be better if this was integrated into our actual resource chain? Via a continuous trade route?

Guild Member 1 would click on Guild Member 2, and choose option:
    Create Trade Route to Guild Member 2: 10,000 water for 5,000 fish, every 12 hours.

Then Guild Member 2 would get the trade request, click accept (or decline).

Guild Member 1 would then see in their economy view, 10k water going 'out' to Guild Member 2, and 5k fish coming 'in' from Guild Member 2. Likewise Guild Member 2 would see the opposite.

The trade route can of course be cancelled at any time, and in the event that not enough resources are available, it would be delayed until there was.

This would allow us to craft our island economies based around established trade routes, and have a better view of how precise and well we are managing our resources. It would further encourage cross-player collaboration (in a tight integrated way). And it would add a nice new dynamic to the game.

Perhaps we could even have people creating 'trade hubs', where they would import all sorts of goods from people, then export those goods to others with a modest profit. (For example, buy 10k water/12hr from 10 people at 5gc/12hr, but sell it as 100k water/12 hr at 60gc/12hr to a BIG consumer who doesn't want to track down 10 contracts. In return the trader gets a profit of 10gc/12hr just for the service).

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    i have to say i dont see this happening but do like it alot

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    I also like this idea, especially for those people who do not spend all day with the trade window open. Unfortunately, like Ryuisnod, I do not see it being implemented (not even if the idea actually gets passed to the development team).

Reply to Thread