Reply to Thread

Thread: Is settler online " real life" friendly?

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Is settler online " real life" friendly?

I am italian...so sorry for no real good english.

after this... i have a problem.

I come from other browser game and mmorpg, now i am 30+ olb and can't stay too much on my pc at play ( and this is a good thing) but...

from my exps when a game realy take too much time for reach a good result, this make me more near to leave that game... Like ikariam

In ikariam ( i speak as top 25 in olb server) i have leave becouse need realy stay hours and hours for become a great player. No play anymore that game.

Now settlers no is like ikariam, but.... when i log on morning for do all ( mines, swap, costrutions and trade) pass like min 2h but easy that arrive at 3 h. This time grow with more big town.

When thera are events... this time can become x2 x3. For me this is wrong. This make me leave game. I want pass little time and unlike become a work to play.

So i ask for a system that reduce time for some goals.... example: time search of geologist and time of costrution.

Someonther players mind like me? other suggestions?
    Last edited by ConteDracula; 08.02.14 at 14:05.

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    this game becomes a job very quickly, if that's not what you want id go somewhere else

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    My morning routine consists of sending out geologists, explorers, building copper mines and placing buffs. All done in 20 minutes. If you plan to play for a long time, like a year, putting tens if not a hundred euros is well worth the hundreds of hours saved.

You need:
    -Fast geologists (I have 18 but many cope even with 6)
    -Silos and watermills
    -Building licenses
    -Veteran general

Optional extras:
    -Fast scouts and generals
    -Deerstalkers
    -Friaries
    -Endless copper mines

If you ignore the copper mines, 40k gems should cover a decent assortment of the above items. During a happy hour that won't cost you more than 100€. Or if you have the patience you can invest in a gem pit and get the stuff little by little. That also gives you time to consider which of the above are most important to you. If you are dead set on playing for free, you really have no other options than to either spend all that time online that you describe or scale down your economy so that the amount of chores stays at a tolerable level. If you don't mind advancing slow, just a couple of bronze weaponsmiths and bakeries, plus a brewery will keep you producing troops for the easiest adventures. The rest of your production chains you can try to automatize with lots of wood production and it's derivatives like coal, papers or bows.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    There's nothing you really *have* to do in the game. There's no ongoing maintenance you need to pay for things, it's not like if you don't produce X gold per day your armies will leave. Even just logging on for a few minutes each day just to get your daily present and maybe send out explorers and geologists is enough to keep things chugging along.

Sure, more time can be great and get things done quicker, but it's not a race, you're not competing with anyone, so I'd call Settler's Online exceptionally real life friendly. For me, if something comes up in real life, eg, crying child, I can just get up, and go tend to that at any moment. Nothing will be lost, no one can attack me, and nothing can break. If you wanted to run gold chains some of that can be rather time specific for buffs, but gold chains are entirely optional. I don't run them and get by fine producing other materials.

Getting extra geologists and explorers can definitely help, and even if you didn't want to spend real money you can get them from events, or spend gems you get in game from level-ups/quests/weekly reward, and occasionally the guild shop (Geologist is in there right now).

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I do agree with ConteDracula that a lot of things are a chore, like rebuilding wheatfields & wells, sending out geologists & scouts. This really doesn't add to the gameplay and turn tso into a clickfest.
    Your geologists & scouts could have a "to do" list. The wells & wheatfields could be rebuild automatically.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Agree with Thrade there is nothing you have to do each day, except log in (very important you log in daily to get weekly gems ). That being said you have to plan ahead if you want an economy that takes little maintenance. If you wanted to do as little as possible you going to need plenty of storage. Then you would concentrate on chains that self seed. Bow, coal ( coking plant ) wheat (with silo) flour, bread, pinewood plank, hardwood plank etc etc. Log in sell all your stuff and buy what you need, cook some bread soldiers in provisions house, rebuild any losses then logout. Thus when you did want to play you can log in and do your thing.

On the other hand it can become a full time job micro managing, buffing, planting fields rebuilding mines, planting wells so beware.

World
    Newfoundland
    There is no "real life"...
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Reply to Thread