Reply to Thread

Thread: New window in chat "AUCTION"

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

New window in chat "AUCTION"

Please make new window in chat for AUCTIONS, cuz global-3 simply dont work... and nobody come when u start auction or just only 1 person

World
    Newfoundland
    or it may be that not enough people are actually interested in auctions.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tierarzt View Post
    or it may be that not enough people are actually interested in auctions.
    I think that is the more likely reason. When we have had auctions on our server you get the same sort of few turn up but not to many.

There is no easy way to moderate it either people make up their own rules as they go. They say a time (60 seconds for instance) but you know it goes well over that when people are not getting the bids they want.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I believe auction channel would be occupied 100%. Other option is to make ebay style auctions where people would outbid other.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Yep, auction could be a joyous part of TSO, but we must be circumspect, because of timing, announcing, bidders access asynchrony etc.

I can imagine a TO-like interface, rather than chat, where announcing an auction has some cost, perhaps bidding, too. Let say, TO (or its second level?) is required to right-to-bid, and a new building have to be erected (Auction House or further TO level up) to be able announcing. Also that building levels should specify what type can be announced. Since there is a wide variety of auction, we have to take some further discussion on it...

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by perodifovec View Post
    I believe auction channel would be occupied 100%. Other option is to make ebay style auctions where people would outbid other.
    That does not make sense, are you saying it will be full 100%? i.e. no more members can join or every member logged on will be in there? as both of them are wrong if you go on the current chat system as far as I am aware there is no limit to the number of people in a chat room. Also if anything like this was added I very much doubt it would be like trade or help where everyone has the tab for it regardless so it wont be occupied 100% either.

Reply to Thread