Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: epic wood yard

Nifty
    World
    Northisle

epic wood yard

so who bought a epic word yard to clear the quest only to find out it opens another 20 quest's what a crazy resourse sink

having to pay crazy amounts of iron, steel, granite just to get the yard that i paid 5k beans for to work fully. 100k gc at least to complete this quest chain and what do you get at the end of it? 3 coking plants in one building that you cant buff because it costs over 200gc for the buff. thats not worth buffing at that price. only people buying this building are people like me that want there quest chain clear! this is my first 'not good enough BB' post but i feel its required. this should have been optional not part of the main quest.

do you agree or disagree?

MOD's...do you rate this building?

BB_anyone....do you have normal wood buildings? would you spend over 200gc to buff 3 of them? doubt it!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah, annoying that its included in the main quests! Cant see many ppl wanting it, space wise its a disaster! I was never planning to build it as I have level 5 foresters, cutters and sawmills. I assume only the hardcore settlers will want it for novelty value?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    well i though i'd just use it as a coal production. forest, cutter, coking. but the building doesn't cut wood????? whats the point of it if you cant cover all the functions of wood production? surely this building was ment to be all in one?

World
    Sandycove
    there are pages and pages of the pros and cons on test server as well as here but BB chose to continue regardless. Most would have just preferred a smaller footprint, and to be fair I may have even considered owning one had this been the case. But there you go...

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    yeh i've seen alot of those posts but was hoping it would be better when they brought it to live servers. i could deal with it being rubbish if it wasn't such a major quest as part of the main chain

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, well you didn't want it so they put in the main quest to shove it down your throat.
    Clever eh?
    You can't use any nasty words though, because that might upset their tender souls.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I wont buy one for the main reason listed here that its not cost effective considering I already have a great production chain for what this building does. Also the fact it gives exp as a reward when completing the quests. is stupid for when it is wasted at level 50.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's cost effective if you look at it in a longer term - you can free BLs and building space by removing coking plants.
    If you get both EWys (gems&beans) you could also easily get rid of ewsm(s)..

Perhaps this building ain't that needed for some as long as those rock-removers ain't coming, but to me it's sounds like most people here are rather disappointed with the sucky foresters and lack of cutters than trying to see what this building can do. I mean, c'mon! Are your coking plants holy or what?

World
    Newfoundland
    They are not cost effective, essentially they have been brought in to help as a save saver…..bit like the big storehouses….or at least thats what BB say they do, which seeing as you are limited in where they can be placed, kind of defeats the object.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    having looked at it in more detail, once i spend crazy money unlocking the exotic wood function, its just about worth a buff....

Reply to Thread