Hi Chicken35

Please don't insult people .

Thanks,
    Sinister-King
    Meh, he was provoked.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Newfoundland
    Maybe it depends what you have on your island and how your play style is but I think this is a great building. It's very versatile and actually allows you to free up licenses and space from your island. My island was 100% filled so I used test server to find and plan the places for these (yes, I got em both) and actually found over around 10 good places and over 15 in total.

After fully upgrading them by doing all the quests I was able to free up around 20-25 (lvl 5) building spots and licenses (sawmills, coking plants and storehouses built for them) and filled the extra spots mostly with manors at the moment and gaining +2k popcap. In future I can use the space more properly by redesigning layout and using the licenses to additional production chains. Yes the woodyard takes a lot of space but you gain more space with it than it uses. Also its a lot more flexible as you can switch between different production lines depending what you need.

The soup buff is also mostly good too, during the buff with 3 lines in use the yard produces around 10k ewp or 10k hwp (compare to market value) and the buff cost is around 200 coins and will be less in future when bean value drops again and people get them with explorers.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have to agree with other comments here....

Why was this building added with its claiming it covers an entire production chain with its doesn't cut trees down?

I didn't do any research into the Epic Woodyard, and thought i would buy one to cover my bad coal problem, now I find myself regretting buying one as now I either leave the wood yard planting trees which gains me nothing in the game, or I build a heap of woodcutters....

I hope changes are made for the Epic Woodyard as the building doesnt stand up to its name I am sorry to say.

Kioco.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think its meant to simulate what happens 'in the building' with regard to wood.

Nursery is grown within the building (seeds)
    Wood is changed into planks with the building
    Wood is burned into coal within the building.

But the actual 'chopping' of trees happens outside the building, and therefore not strictly part of the woodyard.

That being said, it is rather sad that its not included as part of the game object woodyard. I would much rather have it included and no cooking plant. Could at least take care of all the seed -> Plank production chain (which is the one we are really concerned about).

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MOD_Kioco View Post
    I have to agree with other comments here....

Why was this building added with its claiming it covers an entire production chain with its doesn't cut trees down?

I didn't do any research into the Epic Woodyard, and thought i would buy one to cover my bad coal problem, now I find myself regretting buying one as now I either leave the wood yard planting trees which gains me nothing in the game, or I build a heap of woodcutters....

I hope changes are made for the Epic Woodyard as the building doesnt stand up to its name I am sorry to say.

Kioco.
    wish I'd read this before buying mine - what a waste of gems, space, and the resources to upgrade are just plain stupid.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    The resources to upgrade do seem silly. Upgrade buildings you never plan to use again just so you can get a building license for the Epic Woodyard. It would have been better if the upgrades were somehow applied directly to the woodyard.

In my situation, I'm upgrading 4 buildings to level 5 which I will destroy as soon as done :P

The ability for it to do the entire resource chain would have been brilliant. Especially if it was 'balanced' correctly. I.e.:
    Slot 1 plants just enough for Slot 2 to chop and it chops just enough for Slot 3 to turn into planks (or coal).

That being said, that does not necessarily mean an epic building HAS to do all this. It can do other things and still be useful. So how can this building in this situation be useful?

Well, it DOES cut down on having to have a bunch of Foresters or Saw Mills.

In full Forester Mode, you just need to surround the building with cutters. Saving on having to build foresters AND cutters.
    In full Sawmill/Coal mode, it does not even need to be near the forest and it can do its thing, giving flexibility in placing.
    It can be buffed with a single buff to really boost productivity, which is also not bad.

So yes, its not that great.. but its also not bad. And if (for whatever reason) you want flexibility between what it produces, you get that for free. For example:
    Typically I'm churning out HardWood Planks... but.. my stockpile of Exotic Wood has grown. I can now switch it all over the Exotic Planks, buff it, and then switch it back when done.

Likewise, if I mess up things and suddenly need a lot of coal, I can switch it to mass produce coal, and I'm okey again.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    An epic wood yard is meant for one thing and one thing only a truly epic wood yard

http://prntscr.com/36lbhr
    Last edited by ogloz; 03.04.14 at 10:28.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by ogloz View Post
    An epic wood yard is meant for one thing and one thing only a truly epic wood yard

http://prntscr.com/36lbhr
    What?

Nifty
    World
    Northisle
    he means that if you look at his island....its the most impressive wood yard you'll ever see!!!!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    "What aint no country iv ever heard of! do they speak english in what??"

Reply to Thread