Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Demolishing Level 5 buildings

World
    Newfoundland
    How much profit has that level 5 building already made for you?

You can't expect to make a profit AND get a refund!!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis
    BB gives little warning before dropping changes on the game that mean people's investments are worthless. This gives advantage to newer players and disadvantage to older players who have invested more time/money.
    Really? New players lack resources and knowledge compared to older players, because of the time spent.
    Whatever money you spend in this game doesn't matter here. It's not like you must replace your old buildings with improved ones.

If you'd really care about the market price of your old buildings, you'd know it's fluctuating like anything else in a market.
    A lot of players are quitting this game because of the tedious struggle in building new fields and wells to get some more bread. Now old silos will be more available to new players so more will stay, giving us a bigger market and by that a more stable one.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm not sure who that's directed at Tierazt but in most cases the L5 upgrade is not worth the investment but is rather done for island/game completeness just the same as most of the expert buildings. As said, I don't think any refund should be given, just more thought needs to go into the improvements format.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Really? New players lack resources and knowledge compared to older players, because of the time spent.
    Whatever money you spend in this game doesn't matter here. It's not like you must replace your old buildings with improved ones.

If you'd really care about the market price of your old buildings, you'd know it's fluctuating like anything else in a market.
    A lot of players are quitting this game because of the tedious struggle in building new fields and wells to get some more bread. Now old silos will be more available to new players so more will stay, giving us a bigger market and by that a more stable one.
    Fluctuating like map frags for instance? from 4.5 to 1 overnight? Making any investment in explorers adventure skills redundant.

"Whatever money you spend here in the game doesn't matter?" How so? What does that even mean?

When the gem buyers all dry up because they are tired of being mugged by BB, what then for the leeches?
    Last edited by Baggis; 19.02.14 at 01:37.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    Fluctuating like map frags for instance? from 4.5 to 1 overnight? Making any investment in explorers adventure skills redundant.
    BB's lack of info about those skills really messed any investment up in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Baggis
    BB gives little warning before dropping changes on the game that mean people's investments are worthless. This gives advantage to newer players and disadvantage to older players who have invested more time/money.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH
    Whatever money you spend in this game doesn't matter here
    "Whatever money you spend here in the game doesn't matter?" How so? What does that even mean?
    How so? What does that even mean?
    Please, tell me why you bought some buildings by gems and how that would really matter compared to new players' options..

When the gem buyers all dry up because they are tired of being mugged by BB, what then for the leeches?
    Mugged, really?
    Are you forced to spend more money now?
    So in what are BB supposed to earn some money? Free contributions?!?
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 19.02.14 at 02:20.

World
    Newfoundland
    People can say that these new buildings don't make the older ones redundant but to most players they do.
    I disagree.

If you have, for example, twenty silos and those twenty are covering your farm needs then introducing a building that performs the same task but at a little more than double the speed changes nothing. The entire playerbase could completely ignore the new silo and absolutely nothing would change, there would be no negative impact to anyone. With that in mind, I can't see how it can possibly be argued that the new silo makes the old one redundant. The old silo doesn't stop working forcing you to buy the new one, it will continue to do the same job as it always has.

Quote Originally Posted by Dictionary

Definition of redundant in English:

not or no longer needed or useful; superfluous:
    If you need to replenish your fields then the old silo is still useful and therefore, by definition, they are not redundant.

Saying that the old one has been superseded would even be a stretch as when you compare the price tags the improvement the new one offers isn't substantial enough to make the old one obsolete... It's an alternative.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Here, we get very little returned for the 'upgrade' portion of our investment in Silos... but we do get a lot in return for the initial cost of the silo. In fact, (at least on NewFoundland), the price of Silos has gone up a lot over time. Rough maths on my part suggest that the 'profit' I make for selling a silo now versus when I bought it first cover the amount I lose for upgrades.

So yes, the initial shock of 'all my time/money/granite for upgrade is lost' does hurt. Then the secondary realization: 'Wow, I just sold my silo for double what I paid for' should kick in. And given the fact that the new silos cost a lot of money, there should be enough of a market to buy the 'hand-me-downs' of the Generation 1 Silos.

Now, from a game mechanic point of view.... I would have preferred if they just made it possible to go beyond Level 5.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    The only problem with refund for me is that many are looking it from BB. Why? Old buildings mostly tradeable, so the above simile (sell a house and buy a bigger) can be carried out. Here are plenty of gamers, those have no too much if at all e.g. silo, and they can live with/without them. Also costs of upgrading can show a positive balance, compared with resources produced by them in long term...

Edit: Ah, exuse me, it has already been said. I get stucked on the bottom of previous page...
    Last edited by Brankovics; 19.02.14 at 23:50.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Silos are more or less an equivalent cost by production against improved silos so my point is, before improved silos player A spends say for example 37,500 gems on buying 50 silos. Now player B will be able to buy just 20 improved silos which will produce around the same as 50 silos, it will cost them around the same gems but give an extra 30 spare building spaces! It will cost player B 30k less granite not to mention coins and time to get them all up to level 5.

The old silo has higher upgrade costs per output, lower building space density and equivalent gem price per production as improved silo. Tell me, how is it not obsolete? Would anyone buy three (2.5) silos or one improved silo given the gems and free will?

So what should player A do, try to sell silos while there'll be a big surplus and a shortage of improved silos and an imbalance between their prices with a lot of people trying to do the same for the foreseeable future? Or, do nothing and forever be at a disadvantage because he just so happened to have been playing longer and bought earlier? Or, spend another 40k gems/ upto £100 on improved silos but always in mind how long before there's a silo epic work yard?

Just because some of you're not a 'player A' does not make it right.

BB is proving that it introduces intentionally hobbled buildings so that they can introduce the 'improved' version afterwards so that twice as much gems get spent. Yes, it is a money making business but it could do this in a lot fairer way (i.e. building level 6+ gem buy only).

How long before those ridiculously bulky under producing watermills get a make over too?

There's a simple answer to all of this, no more gem buying for me. I am tired of being taken advantage of and it's now time to join the leeches.
    Last edited by Baggis; 21.02.14 at 01:32.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Evolution, brighteyes.

Reply to Thread