Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Demolishing Level 5 buildings

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    PVP in other games is tiered. i.e. entering a battle field on WOW is in tiers of 10 levels. But balanced no. Not only could you have a mismatch of levels within that 10 but some have better armour etc as well. Some have had pvp experience some not. To me its what makes it enjoyable you can still win because just sometimes the ones with all the kit are not so clever

World
    Newfoundland
    Considering all the whining about this and that being unfair to whoever surrounding the recent, relatively minor, changes to this completely unranked and non-competitive game, I can't see them ever introducing PvP unless they are going to try and harness an extremely abundant source of renewable energy.

World
    Newfoundland
    tbh, why should we ? if you are knocking down half the island for something you probably are in the position, resource wise, to obtain the required upgrades easily.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    tbh, why should we ? if you are knocking down half the island for something you probably are in the position, resource wise, to obtain the required upgrades easily.
    ?

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I have never understood the rational behind the idea of only returning a small % of the original build cost in terms of resources, but not even a stone for any lvled up buildings.

Even in the days before we could move buildings! Then the only way to move something was to demolish it and then rebuild . . . fortunately I made sure I never had anything above a lvl 3 to move then!

Lvling to lvl 4 and/or onto lvl 5 does for us running mini-economies, unlike some, does cost us a significant amount (most are at least 500 coins to lvl 4 and then 1000 granite to lvl 5) so is it unreasonable to want a % back? - especially as BB are trying to make us go certain ways with their relentless new quests. Why can't you have say 20% of the resources you used to upgrade for each lvl? Is the code too difficult to write?

In my mini-economy, space is never a real issue, but resources always are - and the time lost when upgrading to lvl 5 - to get enough beans for an epic yard, it will probably take me around 50 days of trading, not to mention the resources and then the loss of resources from the upgraded buildings when they come down - a real double whammy - so i don't follow those quests which means I get penalised by not getting the quest rewards!

So a few resources back might be an incentive

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    cant see why pvp is a big probIem for some pIayers for instance if u had a system that u couId opt in/out be made so u can opt in/out ur pIayer name you didnt Iose any troops and their was no rankings BUT winner gets buffs/xp Ioser get haIf xp? think that pretty much soIves everyones probIems rest is up 2 BB and getting granite back is not a good idea for reasons stated before

Reply to Thread