Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Demolishing Level 5 buildings

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Why?

That would be like going to McDonalds and ask for a refund on the burgers you ate before when they start offering a bigger better burger.

But after I have eaten the burger I have nothing left.
    I think of it more like buying a house for 20k and investing 100k in it. Now its hopefully worth 120k. My family needs a bigger house though so what do I do? Rather than spending another 200k on a new house, I sell my old house for 120k and buy next one for 200k making my new investment 80k. Whilst I recognise this isn't real life, getting back a % of your investment in a building seems a solid approach to me!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    I sell my old house for 120k and buy next one for 200k making my new investment 80k...
    If there is no mortgage crisis... Further, here is not deterioration, so you you don't have to spend on maintains regularly. The burger simile is better...
    I really don't understand this refund ideas. When was not possible to move a building, just destroy and rebuild, was not so much complaints...

World
    Sandycove
    the complaint remains, BB want us to possibly spend gems on an over-inflated building (in my eyes) yet give those that may want to go down this route no incentive to do so in giving just the basic resources back for knocking old level 5 buildings that these replace down.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragavon View Post
    Why?

That would be like going to McDonalds and ask for a refund on the burgers you ate before when they start offering a bigger better burger.
    The point is that some things are an investment that don't pay back straight away such as spending large amounts of coin/granite to get one more resource per cycle. You buy a burger, you get a burger straight away, you know exactly what you're buying. BB gives little warning before dropping changes on the game that mean people's investments are worthless. This gives advantage to newer players and disadvantage to older players who have invested more time/money.

They should be introducing new building levels rather than new replacement gem buildings, they could even have the new building levels gem buy only for their profit line. This would be better for the game but as it would exclude newer players from being able to buy it BB wouldn't do this as it's all about milking as much cash from as many players as possible and if you keep that in mind it explains just about all of BB's actions.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    I think, here are a lot of misunderstanding. New buildings are NOT replecement buildings. They just similar to, or do better what other buildings do. These old buildings are NOT obsoleted, so they can be used furthermore as well. To replace them is a personal choose. Contest, if there any, is NOT a designed element of the gameplay, mostly you don't know nothing about other players, nor you depend on others position or state. So such complaints are looks like childish expectation of presents for nothing, or you simply say, give us everything free --- meanwhile the whole game could be played really free...

World
    Newfoundland
    I'm replacing all my old lvl5 silos with the new ones when they come out. I could keep the old ones but I want the new ones, I don't care about what I invested in the old ones and I can sell most of the old ones for more than I bought them for anyway.

What would I do with a partial refund from destroying the old ones when I can easily upgrade all of the new ones just by farming adventures for a couple of weeks? I suppose the best idea would be to offset that partial refund against what I need to farm for the new upgrades and therefore I don't need to farm as many adventures! That is absolutely awesome and gives me the time to... Do more adventures ?

Personally, I can't find a problem here no matter how hard I try.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    if u pIay for the next 10yrs u wiII start to see a profit asIong as u dont keep knocking down aII ur buiIdings for better ones hehe, i think if u got granite and gcs and extra ewp back then think it wouId make everything cheaper in T0 as it is their are aIot of res on the servers and their needs to be a way of using it up or everything wiII be 2 cheap and easy to get

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I still can’t see the logic of introducing a better version of a building we already have, how about a better bakery that doesn’t take a licence? Or better still a bakery with a mill attached saving 2 licences and a bit of space? Or if they insist on a better silo how about adding the farm to it saving even more space and licences? It’s just lazy bringing out an improved version while there are other building they could add first.
    As for getting hardly anything back from demolishing a level 5 building to make way for a new better version that’s just silly, do they won’t us to buy gems or not? Because I will be thinking twice before buying more with the way things are going

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    The point is that some things are an investment that don't pay back straight away such as spending large amounts of coin/granite
    If you think that buying special buildings on Settlers Online is an investment then I have some very interesting business propositions for you

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sure I'm interested, now what real world stuff are you offering me for my imaginary game coin/granite? 50k granite for your car ok?

"The point is that some things are an investment that don't pay back straight away such as spending large amounts of coin/granite to get one more resource per cycle." Nice out of context quote though

As said - I don't think BB should offer refunds; but, I do think they should consider in the future introducing new content in such a way that it's not smashing previous up to do it I.e level 6 xxx not 'improved' xxx.

People can say that these new buildings don't make the older ones redundant but to most players they do.

Reply to Thread