Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Sneak Peek: Collectible items re-work

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Nihilista View Post
    Fix all the damn bugs in the game before keep adding new stuff all the time. The game is barely playable since the Epic Woodyards were introduced...
    I have not found any bugs in the game. What are the issues you are having?

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Collectibles, as a concept, is not fun. I personally don't see a way you can make it fun. Maybe stop investing your resources in non-fun elements of the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
    Collectibles, as a concept, is not fun. I personally don't see a way you can make it fun. Maybe stop investing your resources in non-fun elements of the game.
    That's your opinion. I know a lot of players DO find collectibles as a funny element of the game.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    I can't even see most of them as my island is full, so they bore me to tears.
    How about giving us more space before you work in this sideshow?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmian View Post
    My preferred development of this feature would be that the 'finder' can click on and clear the collectible for the friend and in doing so get themselves a reward of, say, half the amount the owner gets (well, it's only fair, since they have gone to the trouble of scouring the island for them) but hey, this is a step in the right direction. Maybe next dev diary

This idea is so terrible that I don't even know where to start.
    Effectively, this would force me to delete my entire friends list and leave my guild to avoid losing tons of collectibles.
    I typically log in a bit in the evening, send my explorers/geologists out, fill my build queue, then go to eat dinner, play with the kids, and return a bit later to sink a bit of time into the game.
    With your suggestion, I'd most likely lose half of my collectibles before I return.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Well, that's 24h buffs. That won't help much to get production ending when it better suits the player (as my request for "short time glue" would).
    I generally run Glue and if I get 3 manuscripts I'm relatively happy, I'd love a shorter buff preferably made from collectibles though.

My main concern in this current crop of collectible buffs is what is the point of making more fish and sausage if I can't make more baskets ?

I know there's probably a few different teams working on different stuff but when is something coming that's going to refresh your average lvl 50 players enthusiasm ?

World
    Northisle
    While flags are on the test-table...
    Please add a flag to walking generals aswell, that would be so much better on FT's
    (And maybe the travel-time thats left untill the garrison is build at it's new spot.)

Back to topic.... I like the idea of flagging friends' collectibles +1

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Sandycove
    What I would like is to be able to use my geologists on friends islands to help them find better deposits, or find new ones when they do not have time to log on some days.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
    We have so many people in our guild who love to look it is great fun for those of us who lie to help each other out,

Anyway my question is how long does the flag last and do they have to be online at the time for it to work?

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    The 'flag' (a bouncing blue arrow, like the one that appears when you hover over a building on your island, but bouncier) appears for 5 mins, whether a friend clicks on the collectible for you, or you use a Fairy Fire. There is no countdown - it'll just vanish again after 5 mins.

There's a little more info on the wiki, about this, and the new collectibles: [The Settlers Online Wiki: Collections]
    Last edited by Jamdoggy; 26.02.14 at 14:35.

Reply to Thread