View Poll Results: What do u think...an android game application would be useful or not?

Voters
234. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes for sure!!

210 89.74%
  • No, way!

24 10.26%
Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: TSO on Tablets

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    dont think they will be able to keep up with thousands of ppl registering in a short space of time and multi accounting to the hills lol

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Ok I understand as its a flash game it would be a nightmare to redesign it on mobile download but how about they rerelease an earlier version of the game to download like settlers 2 for example. I'm sure people would pay to have a classic game on there modern device. Then when you have the luxury of being at a pc you can play the flash new game.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by R1ch View Post
    Ok I understand as its a flash game it would be a nightmare to redesign it on mobile download but how about they rerelease an earlier version of the game to download like settlers 2 for example. I'm sure people would pay to have a classic game on there modern device. Then when you have the luxury of being at a pc you can play the flash new game.
    Not looked at GOG yet then?

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    What's GOG?

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    I have to say I'd much rather the game developers were working on getting the bugs out of the browser version, that spending their time working on a new game client that panders to the desires of a new, much smaller demographic than the one they currently work hard to please.

Maybe when all the bugs are gone, and the game is out of Beta, they could work on it, but until then, my answer to this poll is a resounding No!

And yes, I do have an Android phone, and I would love to play Settlers on it, but it's simply not an efficient use of the developers time...
    Last edited by Jamdoggy; 01.03.13 at 16:44.

World
    Newfoundland
    You're asking the wrong people. It's not BlueBytes responsibility to cater for every handheld device out there, it's the device manufacturers responsibility to make their device compatible for the market.

Settlers runs under Flash on any compatible browser. If your handheld device doesn't handle flash or a browser, then find one that does.
    You wouldn't expect a ZX Spectrum to play World of Warcraft, so why buy a handheld device that doesn't fulfill your requirements.
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    My device does run flash and a browser, but this game won't run on it, maybe a low res version would work? I've seen other browser games that have the option of low res for less powerful devices, and if BB want to increase the amount of people playing its in their interest to make it compatible for as many mobile devices as they can, I'm not talking about a new app, just something to help.

Your argument about an obsolete computer is not valid, people are asking for a solution on new devices such as tablets, not something that belongs in a museum.

World
    Newfoundland
    I see you missed the last important part, so I'll repeat it here

so why buy a handheld device that doesn't fulfill your requirements?
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Precisely, I bought a cheap no-name tablet, and it runs fine on that.
    And Steve, your argument is invalid, the C-64 is still the best-selling home computer ever, so by your previous arguments, BB should support it!
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Stop talking rubbish!

Reply to Thread