Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let us cancel main quests, please

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove

Let us cancel main quests, please

My quest log is a mess, full of main quest lines that takes a lot of time, that I'll never want to do, and at least one I CAN'T do. Examples:

1. The Young Follower, first sub quest: Debris: collect all the collecibles on the map.

This is one I'll NEVER finish, because I simply CAN'T. I've tried many, many times to find all the collectibles, I have never managed to do so, and I'm sure I never will. Hundreds of buildings to hide behind makes this one impossible for me.

2. Epic Woodyards, first sub quest: Setting the Foundation: buy at least one Epic Woodyard

This is a quest I'll never do simply because it's way too expensive to both buy and upgrade the woodyard. And since it only leads to several new similar quests, I have no intention on doing it. Ever. Dozens of thousands of gems, and probably millions of resources to complte them all. I'll never buy the epic woodyard if the price dropped to 1 fish - it just adds more trouble than it's worth.

3. Maturation, third subquest: Obligation: Invest at least 10 Tomes in one of your Explorers

(Including the similar quest line for geologists)

I've given up on these ones. I have lots of explorers and geologists. I'm gonna give them all some basic skills, but won't continue up on tomes levels. This is because it will probably take years to complete the skill trees for all of them (I'm not exaggerating!!!), and if you don't play every day, it will just be even far worse. And when military unis get skill trees, it will only be more such horrible quests, which WILL add a few more years to complete it all. And I haven't even mentioned gold/resource costs....

Just a few examples, I could mention more.

Conclusion:

There are several I want gone from my log. There is no good reason at all to deny us this option. And if you still say no to this, at least add an option to hide quests, then.

The game is supposed to be fun. Right?

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the reason you cant cancel them is they have had cancel on certain quests in the past which people say they "accidently" clicked and could not get them back. I am a big believer of its better to have even if you cant use (or do) in this case.

However hiding them would be nice as I don't like things out of place
    Last edited by PChamps; 24.02.14 at 22:06.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    There are "hide/show quest" options in the list. BB "just" need to add players' choices to "the cookie".

World
    Sandycove
    2. Epic Woodyards, first sub quest: Setting the Foundation: buy at least one Epic Woodyard

I most certainly agree on this one, what a monster to try and find space for on your island. Plus I hate the thing anyway

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    There are "hide/show quest" options in the list. BB "just" need to add players' choices to "the cookie".
    You can collapse a whole section, ie all main quests, and you can track quests, that's all. Not exactly what I'm talking about here.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH
    Quote Originally Posted by Rafnir
    You can collapse a whole section, ie all main quests, and you can track quests, that's all. Not exactly what I'm talking about here.
    You can collapse segments of sections, ie one main quest. You won't see subquests so what's bothering then?
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 25.02.14 at 23:19.

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    You can collapse segments of sections, ie one main quest. You won't see subquests so what's bothering then?
    Probably problem will be that you have to do it after each game load.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    The collectible one not so hard with a little help from friends, the epic workyard should probably of been optional but being as its a gem reward quest possibly not. The geologist and explorer one's now these really annoy me why can't they be invest 10 manuscripts etc in geologists (plural), why would I want to invest my precious books in totally useless skills, only to have to use gems to get them all back ?

I do know people that have done the quests simply because they are there and quite possibly I will too eventually, but some of them really are a materials sink and should be optional. But if they did you could guarantee it would create problems. Just ignore them is probably the best course.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Chlup View Post
    Probably problem will be that you have to do it after each game load.
    Please read whole conversation...or atleast my previous post.
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I still got my entire Quest log clogged with all the Epic Woodyard followups which I'll never complete:
    I am going to upgrade the Yard to Exwood Sawmills, so WHY ON EARTH --- would I want to spend tons of resources to complete:
    Bi-Metal Blades
    The Workforce
    The Forest Thickens
    Steel Joiners
    Granite Coking Ovens

... all of which are main quests ...
    .. which must, by the way, be collapsed EVERY single time I access the Quest Menu after changing zones...

Reply to Thread