Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Extra information

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland

Smile Extra information

I would like it if it was possible to get some extra information. It could easily be put in the mailbox as an extra icon to choose e.g.

- The last person that have buffed you (timestamp and the number of buffs). I don't understand why you have to be logged out to get this info.
    - Who I have buffed and how many buffs.
    - Number of soldiers stationed on an island (adventure, since they are gone when send)

... perhaps other can contribute with other useful info you just don't get now.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    How long till there buffs run out!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    How long it will take before the generals arrive at the adventure/island, and which adventure each general is traveling to (in case you have both an active adventure and a loot spot)

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by KarstenL View Post
    - The last person that have buffed you (timestamp and the number of buffs). I don't understand why you have to be logged out to get this info.
    You don't have to be logged out - you also get mails if in an adventure. If you are on your home island, the avatar of the person visiting you is displayed between the avatar/settings menu and the chat box. You also get messages when they buff you, which stay in your 'news' channel if you wanted to count them...
    - Who I have buffed and how many buffs.
    Surely, you know who you've buffed, and how many buffs you used? Write it down in Notepad when you do it, if you want a permanent record...?
    - Number of soldiers stationed on an island (adventure, since they are gone when send)
    Yes, this would be useful - currently, I visit the adventure, remove all troops from all my generals, then I can see how many are there...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzguy View Post
    How long till there buffs run out!
    This is already there - click on the buffed building to see the countdown timer in the top-right of the building details window.
    How long it will take before the generals arrive at the adventure/island, and which adventure each general is traveling to (in case you have both an active adventure and a loot spot)
    You can see how long before a general arrives by going to the adventure, opening your star menu, and hovering over the general.
    This also shows which generals are travelling to that adventure. So see a different adventure, look in the star menu when that adventure is open.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hi Jamdoggy.

It is true that I should be aware of if I have buffed others or not, but mostly I buff my friends at 6:45 AM... so I'm tired (especially before the first cup of coffie), and if my workday have been kind of stressed, I can suddenly get unsure if I actually did buff them ... so it would be nice to have a log of who I actually did buff .. nothing fancy, nothing specific, just friend X: 25 buff...

Concerning when others buff me: I prefer to start my settlersonline up, and let it run. I then go to the browser now and then to plant a field, search for a deposit or whatever. Suddenly when I go to the browser, someone have buffed me !?! who ??? I don't know, not even the news tab contain this info, and that annoy me, since I would like to return the favor, so that's the reason for that request.

The time for when the buffs run out, is when I visit a friends island and things are buffed. I would like to know when they run out, so I don't have to go there continuously to see if they have run out, so I can do the buff. You cannot see how much time that remains of a buff on a friends buildings.

It is true that I can see how long time it takes before my general arrive to the island, but I have to visit the adventure / island and see it there. I would like to just visit e.g. the barracks, click on a tab and see the generals in transit to and from my island, and how long it takes before they arrive. This would also be a good space to show how many soldiers that is in transit to adventure and on the island.
    Last edited by KarstenL; 04.03.14 at 20:21.

World
    Sandycove
    It is true that I should be aware of if I have buffed others or not, but mostly I buff my friends at 6:45 AM... so I'm tired (especially before the first cup of coffie), and if my workday have been kind of stressed, I can suddenly get unsure if I actually did buff them ... so it would be nice to have a log of who I actually did buff .. nothing fancy, nothing specific, just friend X: 25 buff...

Concerning when others buff me: I prefer to start my settlersonline up, and let it run. I then go to the browser now and then to plant a field, search for a deposit or whatever. Suddenly when I go to the browser, someone have buffed me !?! who ??? I don't know, not even the news tab contain this info, and that annoy me, since I would like to return the favor, so that's the reason for that request.
    I agree it would be nice to have a little extra details about buffs, but there are other things that the developers really need to work on first - this is pretty minor, so would need a minor change. It shouldn't be too hard to simply add the name of the buffer into the existing message that goes into your news feed, and this would allow buffs to be returned. I'm also logged in pretty much 24/7, so rarely see who buffed me...

The time for when the buffs run out, is when I visit a friends island and things are buffed. I would like to know when they run out, so I don't have to go there continuously to see if they have run out, so I can do the buff. You cannot see how much time that remains of a buff on a friends buildings.
    I can see that it would be useful to be able to see when the buffs expire on your friend's buffed buildings if you are planning to re-buff them. You currently can't click on your friends buildings, so maybe a tooltip to pops up when you hover over a buffed building, which shows 'Buff Time Remaining'?

It is true that I can see how long time it takes before my general arrive to the island, but I have to visit the adventure / island and see it there. I would like to just visit e.g. the barracks, click on a tab and see the generals in transit to and from my island, and how long it takes before they arrive. This would also be a good space to show how many soldiers that is in transit to adventure and on the island.
    I love this idea! Not sure Barracks would be the best place, but maybe a separate window that shows your generals, and their current status, something like the image on the right.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    glad we agree As you said: I know these are minor things, but they should be easy to implement and it would give some information that would make things a lot easier

Love you illustration a menu like that would be spot on. But I would like a small change at the different tabs: I would like info like this
    tab 2) the number of troops on the home island (no change)
    tab 3) the number of troops at adventure 1 and in transit to it
    tab 4) the number of troops at adventure 2 and in transit to it

of cause ... I don't know if that was the intention of your image

When cursor is placed above the generals in the "All" tab you should see the spec. of the troops he's transporting, like you can now.
    Last edited by KarstenL; 06.03.14 at 21:28.

World
    Sandycove
    of cause ... I don't know if that was the intention of your image
    It wasn't, but that works too

When cursor is placed above the generals in the "All" tab you should see the spec. of the troops he's transporting, like you can now.
    Yep - I forgot to mention that... The tooltip showing troops in the General's garrison should appear when you hover over the general, as you said...

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    cool ... so we're in agreement ... so .. when will BB have this implemented ???? :P

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    great ideas thumbs up every IittIe heIps as asda says

Reply to Thread