Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Endless Iron Mine

World
    Sandycove

Endless Iron Mine

Whilst I do understand why there is an Endless Copper Mine, I am puzzled why there isn't one for Iron Ore as its uses are quite extensive when you have a high demand for Lettersmiths, Iron Swords, or even to turn it into steel for Steel Swords or trading.

Please can we have an Endless Iron Mine?
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

World
    Sandycove
    this has been asked many times and as yet there still isnt one

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    though it would be logical that there would be one, at what cost ? can you see more than a few shelling out 30,000-40,000 gems. Quite possibly not worth the design time, would also start a snowball effect. For me an endless marble vein would come higher anyway as they always seem to have 30 left in them at bedtime.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Copper mines don't have dedicated refills and it is not worth refilling so I can see why you may have an endless one of them. Iron has lots of refills plus the artic iron mines so I don't think spending like Bluesavanah said 30,000-40,000 gems to get one is worth it or needed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Copper mines don't have dedicated refills and it is not worth refilling so I can see why you may have an endless one of them.
    Actually, they do (now).. May get them from Tropical Sun and Lost Skull loot. Thou your point do make sense, especially for how it was before BB introduced those mini advs.

World
    Sandycove
    I do not follow the reason why any endless mine would be priced higher than the copper one. Any endless mine is simply one less rebuild and an added convenience to the player. As a gem based item, if BB TSO was all about making money,( as has often be spouted here on the forum) then the logic would be to have all the resources covered by an `endless' alternative to be bought with gems, and if they were all priced at the same amount, I am sure many more gems would be sold. How they originally priced the endless copper mine is not clear, and to me its a bit on the high side,( I may have been tempted at 7500 but no way at 20,000 ) but it obviously hasn't changed so BB must be happy with its turnover. I am sure offering other `endless' at the same price ( or less )would yield the same results as the copper, some players will buy and some will not, the main economy balance between gem buyers and free players would be maintained by limiting there number, buyers would just get less of a click fest in their game and BB TSO would get more revenue to reinvest in better coding, better servers and creative thinkers to move the game forward.
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    I could imagine an Endless Iron Mine coming into existence at some stage, and would be shocked if it were nearly as expensive as the copper mine. I'm sure there will be some disagreement, but the copper mine being 20k makes sense to me due to how the island is laid out.
    There's only 6 copper mines on the island, they don't hold a whole lot of copper each, and it's easy to need amazingly high quantities of copper to keep up with swords for recruits, and nibs, and tools.
    Sure, you can level them up and buff them, but for many people with work and other commitments, this will mean potentially quite a few hours where they are depleted, earning you nothing.

Iron on the whole isn't consumed as heavily as copper. Wherever plausible you'd always rather lose recruits then the more expensive troops.
    Not only that, but it's significantly more plentiful. There's a lot of Iron Deposits on your island, so if you had Iron fever (licenses permitting), you really could harvest quite a lot.
    There's also the already mentioned readily available refills.

I'd hope for much less than 20k, and if it was 20k gems, wouldn't imagine it would be nearly as popular.

World
    Sandycove
    Given how Gem Pits are also 20,000, I suspect it would still be a lot since, for an F2P game, they have to earn money somehow to warrant continued development...

That said, I think if they made an Endless Iron Mine with a build-limit of 2 on the island at any time (this would be similar to a production structure with a build-limit of 1; the Bookbinder, for example), people could earn a manageable surplus whilst still having to build other Iron Mines, given there are many more deposits accessible.
    Last edited by Tiletron; 02.03.14 at 18:58.

World
    Newfoundland
    it would screw up the balance of things too much, next it would be an endless gold mine and endless masons.

They the game falls to bits as everyone has tons of everything.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA View Post
    it would screw up the balance of things too much, next it would be an endless gold mine and endless masons.

They the game falls to bits as everyone has tons of everything.
    First of all, an Endless Gold Mine shouldn't go in the game at all; second, an Endless Mason isn't needed as once a deposit is depleted, it simply moves onto the next closest deposit to harvest...

Gold is being excluded from this discussion as it only has use in one resource and, even if a "Jeweller" structure puts in an appearance at a later date, it would be ripe for abuse nobody wants.

Reply to Thread