Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the coin inflation!

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    No, I am asking to make coins useful in the long term.

So you're saying when you need to spend $10 instead of $1 on a gallon of gas, it's called "deflation"?

If you need to spend 12000 coins to buy a Watermill which used to cost 6000 coins, that means twice the coins get the same amount of product.

You may want to look up the word "deflation" in a dictionary before you troll more.
    Its deflation when your income sky-rockets out of proportion, which is what happened after the Christmas event, prior to Christmas no one had free access to basically more 3x buffs than they can economically use, therefore you can easily create a clear 12,500 gc per day clear profit running coinages, buy up tons of lootspots, sell mountains of loot and granite (which is worth at least 2.5x more than it was prior to Christmas)

The game reflects the amount of skill and effort you put into your economy, it's harsher for the casual player than before Christmas, but also the rewards are higher up until you need level 5 buildings it's fairly easy, then it gets harder.

I mentioned Island of the Pirates earlier, nice easy adventure for casual player's, doable with 2 tavern generals and no blocking (577R 33LB 190C) now if the best loot drops on this you can clear close to 4k gc on Northisle so it's not so bad for new players / casual players at all.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    everything has pretty much gone up in price so reaIIy its not a big deaI thats where the gcs go u buy something for 6000gcs u seII something for 6000gcs instead of buying something for 600gcs and seIIing something for 600gcs, gem price wiII go up because of this fact aIso so its not a case of everything becoming unaffordabIe because ur generating shed Ioads more gcs then u usuaIIy wouId anyway to buy things that u think are expensive but reaIIy they are not

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    the prices make no sense to me...3000 watermill now is 7000 what because most people got a gold tower which produces 100gold a day when buffed..lol
    prices are set by players if people dont pay the silly prices then they would come down every one should use some commnon sense and just sit it out..if there are 10 noble for sale at 800gc and no one buys any then sellers will have to drop the price or be lumbered with thier nobles...its the buyers who cause prices to rise.
    same for all those selling silo+ for 50kgc...no one buys then they will have to drop in price....so why rush to buy 1 ?.....
    if you cant wait then dont moan about the skyhigh prices if your silly enough to pay them....thats my thinking

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Well agree to some point with you ATHTHEMANIAC, but do consider the fact that most people have 4 gold towers which give them between 4 - 6,4k coins a week (depending on how often they are able to buff them) and the new triple buff badges also made people invest in coin chain, which means a lot more players are producing coins compared to before.

These two things make coins more common and worth less....so there is a point to be made about the coin value drop since these changes were made by BB.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's a balancing problem caused by the introduction of X3 buffs and gold towers. Only solution I see is taxation of high level players. Its the how though that is going to be tricky. Maybe increase the price of posting trades beyond the first one e.g from 3 to 100?

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Haven't read through the whole thread, but this is the curse of pretty much every single MMO out there.

Can't say what others would do, but the OP's suggestions would probaly not mean anything at all for me, I wouldn't pay huge amount of gold for such things.

I have to agree with one of the first replies: there is no fix.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    shelob81 most people have 4 gold towers...not sure that is correct myself...unless most people are lvl 50 ...and if you are correct that most people have 4 gold towers then thats 400gc a day and only 2800gc a week unless again they are triple buffing them 24/7.i would estimate that that not even most people between lvl 45-50 have 4 gold towers myself but i could be wrong.also if i am lvl 50 and have 200k gc in my storage whats the point of getting another 8000gc to put in there ?
    all thats happening is prices go through the roof so every one invest in gold chain meaning even more gc in the economy,point is if gold is common/worthless why do people want so much of it..lmao

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    shelob81 most people have 4 gold towers...not sure that is correct myself...unless most people are lvl 50 ...and if you are correct that most people have 4 gold towers then thats 400gc a day and only 2800gc a week unless again they are triple buffing them 24/7.i would estimate that that not even most people between lvl 45-50 have 4 gold towers myself but i could be wrong.also if i am lvl 50 and have 200k gc in my storage whats the point of getting another 8000gc to put in there ?
    all thats happening is prices go through the roof so every one invest in gold chain meaning even more gc in the economy,point is if gold is common/worthless why do people want so much of it..lmao
    Because FT lootspots aren't exactly cheap, they weren't cheap before either.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by ATHTHEMANIAC View Post
    ...and if you are correct that most people have 4 gold towers then thats 400gc a day and only 2800gc a week unless again they are triple buffing them 24/7.
    Just to clear up any calculations I used: yes, I have 4 gold towers on my island, which in total produce 226gc/12 hours. That comes down to 3164gc per week unbuffed, which means 6328gc when able to buff with baskets (that's why I estimated 4-6,4k gc for people with 4 towers). And if you are crazy enough to use triple buffs that would even become more.

That is why I made that comment about the balance being off at the moment by adding these buildings and buffs. This game is based on an open market concept, which means adding more coins into the system makes them less hard to come by.

Example:
    For now, granite (for example) is still hard to come by and people use granite and other resources to compare the value of gc to. So if the game keeps the same amount of granite available (let's say 100) and in the old situation the game had the same amount of gc (so again 100) people would value them the same (which they did for a while). Now people are creating more gc compared to granite. So lets say there is now 200 granite, but 600 gc in total. That means people would pay 3x more for the granite, because its less available, and that is what we see happening in the game.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    When prices go up, it's called inflation. On no planet is this called deflation.
    And the extra coin don't come from the goldtowers, but from the 3x buffs.
    Get your facts straight before commenting.
    Last edited by Wreckless-; 07.03.14 at 10:57.

Reply to Thread