Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop the coin inflation!

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gubbie View Post
    i would love to see trading wihout a tax still be avaliable but you are right about that it will affect the traders only. but a trading tax will proboably increase the prices on stuff rather than lowering them.......

But the thing i got to ask is... will the tax only apply to trade office? cause if its so then ppl will just start using trade trough freinds list even more frequently.
    and if not then trading in low lvls will be harder.

You say a trading tax will increase the price of trades, well don't you think that a troop tax will increase the cost of adventures and therefore the cost of loot spots?

More importantly a tax of any kind will actually make many leave - my suggestion re traders was purely to speculate that I think its the hard core trading community that accumulate the coins and impact the market. There's many things BB could do and everyone of them will impact the game in some direction.

I would suggest its more about the age of the servers, the longer they exist the more coins and wealth they generate leaving those that start much later disadvantaged unless they find themselves a niche, such as hard core trading, selling of Loot spots from spewing out dozens of Roaring Bull or FairyTale Adventures every week.

Give it another 12 months, and if the game is still going, granite will start coming down in price as many more hard core players have all their island at L5.

And whilst on the subject of server age, I think back to the beginning, people thought a fair price for gems was 3 coins, that made it a lot easier for people to buy gem giftable items, now its 20 coins or more - I often see Nobles being sold for 2k+ coins these days. So whilst you may think coins have become devalued, others will say its for gem giftable items the its harder to buy good stuff with coins for the newer players. So how does taxing anything, troops or trades help that situation as some people will say that gem items should increase even further making the divide between new and old players even larger.

So in summary, I am not in favour of any sort of tax. Offer players the ability to buy non tradeable expensive items for vanity and status, that will take gold out of the game quicker and have negligible impact on adventures or trades. I can imagine a situation where I would be happy to throw 50k coins away to have a statue that doesn't impact my building spaces but says hey look at me I can afford this. Then I may want one at 100k, then 250k, then 1M. Yep, whilst the game isn't player against player there is a status thing that people will always throw money at........
    Last edited by fishslice; 21.09.14 at 16:04.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I can't see for the life of me why BB would even consider this a problem in fact they probably see it as a blessing. Consider it from a new players prospective he/she is probably more likely to buy gems than at any other point in the games history. I'l use a figure of 3k gc for a noble residence ( just checked market on Northisle and Sandycove) so for £5 a new player that has no idea about gem sales and such he/she can accumulate 21k gc. This amount is more than enough to upgrade a large portion of their island to level 4.

If you look at it from the reverse position a new player looks in the TO and see's he/she has to pay 3k gc for a noble, I would think they are going to think for a mere £5 I can have 7 of those, both scenario's end in gem sales and BB wins.

Not saying the insane inflation we've seen in the last 12 months is ideal but do not expect BB to come fix it back to the good old days.

World
    Newfoundland
    so you you dont think the fact that we are now having stronger buffs that provides a larger profit and towers that make wheat to gold coins, dont add to the devalueing of gold coins?
    No they are a contributing factor the same as more players hitting level 50 quicker, But THE biggest factor is the refills as you can't buff a mine with no ore in.

Not to sound smug, but I was making buckets of coin a year before you even joined, I have seen the change since the scales system was introduced, as I was a part of this system which either purchased buffs or refills. I was the first player on NFL to trade for x3 buffs and one of the first to exclusively buff his whole coin chain with x3 buffs, so with this knowledge and experience I can say with out a doubt that the trading of refills has CREATED this situation NOT the addition of buffs.
    The buffs have added to it along with more level 50 players, Taylor adventures a whole catalogue of things but the refill trading has been the the turning point, as it unlocks everything. Removing the x4 and x3 buffs would not do a thing, but preventing players from trading gold refills would.

Having 200 rainbow snows does not give you a strong gold chain have 500k of ore does, because a limited amount of ore slows production.

You say about t taxing this and that and BB should do this and that but they have responded, the level 6 gold mines were not introduced to help, you will burn more ore and thus have to trade more or adventure more to obtain more refills.
    The new battle system will be introduced this will limit of how much you can adventure, and intern how many refills are in the market.

Both of these things have been done either cap you play time (and thus your power to produce gold) or force you to buy refills with gems.
    Last edited by BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA; 22.09.14 at 02:06.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by fishslice View Post
    More importantly a tax of any kind will actually make many leave - my suggestion re traders was purely to speculate that I think its the hard core trading community that accumulate the coins and impact the market. There's many things BB could do and everyone of them will impact the game in some direction.

Give it another 12 months, and if the game is still going, granite will start coming down in price as many more hard core players have all their island at L5.

And whilst on the subject of server age, I think back to the beginning, people thought a fair price for gems was 3 coins, that made it a lot easier for people to buy gem giftable items, now its 20 coins or more - I often see Nobles being sold for 2k+ coins these days. So whilst you may think coins have become devalued, others will say its for gem giftable items the its harder to buy good stuff with coins for the newer players. So how does taxing anything, troops or trades help that situation as some people will say that gem items should increase even further making the divide between new and old players even larger.

So in summary, I am not in favour of any sort of tax. Offer players the ability to buy non tradeable expensive items for vanity and status, that will take gold out of the game quicker and have negligible impact on adventures or trades. I can imagine a situation where I would be happy to throw 50k coins away to have a statue that doesn't impact my building spaces but says hey look at me I can afford this. Then I may want one at 100k, then 250k, then 1M. Yep, whilst the game isn't player against player there is a status thing that people will always throw money at........
    First of all i dont see why ppl should leave cause it cost like 50 gold coins more to do an adventure when ppl sell the lootspots anyway.
    A trading tax or a troop tax for just having troops might do just that for some.

Second, the price on granite wont go down as long as new players join. but it will if we get less and less ppl that join. but now that you can buy a granite pit it will proboably follow the price on gems somewhat.

And last, a statue of some sort to show of how much gold you have aquired is not a bad idea. It satisfies those who wants it and will reduce the ammount of gold coins greatly if its expensive. However not all will buy it since you dont benifit from it so it might not work properly. But it is one of the greater ideas and it falls in under what i wrote in my first post. (make a item or resource avaliable at the merchant for coins). I personally would like to see a statue in there amongst say maybe some other items, somthing usefull aswell as most ppl would buy it then.

Edit: A Training fee or troop tax would not cause a greater gap between old and new players as it would be fair in the ammount of troops and wich ones you use.
    Last edited by Gubbie; 22.09.14 at 13:36. Reason: A comment was missing

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I can't see for the life of me why BB would even consider this a problem in fact they probably see it as a blessing. Consider it from a new players prospective he/she is probably more likely to buy gems than at any other point in the games history. I'l use a figure of 3k gc for a noble residence ( just checked market on Northisle and Sandycove) so for £5 a new player that has no idea about gem sales and such he/she can accumulate 21k gc. This amount is more than enough to upgrade a large portion of their island to level 4.

If you look at it from the reverse position a new player looks in the TO and see's he/she has to pay 3k gc for a noble, I would think they are going to think for a mere £5 I can have 7 of those, both scenario's end in gem sales and BB wins.

Not saying the insane inflation we've seen in the last 12 months is ideal but do not expect BB to come fix it back to the good old days.
    Im not saying that they should fix it back to the old days. Im just saying they should remove the growth rate of gold coins atm. They dont have to do so prices lower, at least not that much. But if they could just stabilze the ammount of gold coins then trading prices wouldnt rise, not that fast anyway.

I see your point. This may not have the best of "their" interest. But its neccesary for many players specially low lvl players that dont have or cannot afford to buy gems. Its their game too. And you cant get more on trading market for coins you get for selling gems later on cause you get more gold coins, you would just need more of them anyway. But it works for upgrades and tavern items since BB havent changed that price.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    put a tax fee on troops would be incredibly stupid and will prevent new players to do adventures, further more it will affect the gq, especially for them with the *do and adventure losing less than 500 rec*
    Why should non traders become victim of what traders created ?
    Raise the costs of trades

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    put a tax fee on troops would be incredibly stupid and will prevent new players to do adventures, further more it will affect the gq, especially for them with the *do and adventure losing less than 500 rec*
    Why should non traders become victim of what traders created ?
    Raise the costs of trades
    It wont really since that tax only has to affect the stronger units. but if its a tax on every unit it would. but that would just be stupid.
    and i say it again. the tax or training fee should be so low that it dont affect the gameplay for ppl doing adventures. Even if its that low it would affect the trading prices.

personally i dont like the idea of a tax on troops since ppl can just kill the troops of before the tax is due and it would be far more expensive for inactive players compared to if they only had to pay for training the troops.

But if they just made a tab full of items or maybe just a single item avaliable in merchant for gold coins then no one would be punished.

World
    Newfoundland
    So basically, what you want is to punish players like me with large armies doing a lot of 1 players adv's everyday, and that don't trade much and thus don't have much gc, is that it?

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by LordBosse View Post
    So basically, what you want is to punish players like me with large armies doing a lot of 1 players adv's everyday, and that don't trade much and thus don't have much gc, is that it?
    You say you dont trade or have gold production chain or any golden towers?

cause just either of that would be enough to pay for a VERY small troop training fee.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have a gold prod ofc, constantly paused as I don't have time constantly watching it in order to have it buffed, Gold towers I have too, and I say it again as it have been said over and over again, Goldtowers don't affect much in the game, trade I do but not much as I said, and a 10k+ army. This so called goldsink would only punish the ones with little gc, not the mega traders with hendreds of kgc.

Oh and I forgot in my previous post...

This is a huge -1 from me.

Reply to Thread