Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the coin inflation!

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    get ready for the most expensive easter! agree the events would be good every 3 months say for a week a time or something. i think imyourmum has it covered there so instead of bb bringing out these extra vanity windows how about they make us pay to clear areas of the islands stone like they said so long ago and make pvp that costs a fortune to send troops to islands and let us buy more building licences and expand our islands the same way they do in dubai i have far to much blue stuff on my map that would make great land mass for my exo trade but ofc i would like to sink gold into all of the above. it will fix for 6 months to a year subject to cost but you need regular sinks. although my skimming on the subject via another post ever little bit would help.

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-30gc-to-100gc

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove

Gold sink due to insane increase of trade prices

Today im going to adress a certain financial problem thats mostly applying to older servers but will eventually apply to all.

Due to greater buffs and new golden towers there has been an increased rate of produced gold coins.
    This has lead to the point that trades are just increasing in the costs of gold coins all the time.
    I dont see how this trend will stop unless you introduce a new way to reduce the ingame ammount of gold coins.

Because as we all know the less ammount of a currency / resource there is the the greater the value it has, and therefore this will stabilze trades.

So here is some ideas to how this can be done without punishing the lower lvl players (those without gold coin producing buildings).

First of all you could create somthing in the merchant that could be bought for gold coins. (It dont have to be a crazy buff or a badass general, just somthing that ppl would buy and use, it dont even have to be expensive. But ofc the more it costs the more efficient it is.)
    What i think would be the best in this case would be a completly new resource that could only be aquired for gold coins. (cause if you can get it elsewere ppl will either only buy from merchant or never do it, and that wont work.) Use grout for this if you want, then you almost dont have to do any work at all to implement this gold sink. Allthough i must say that grout works fine as it is. A event resource.
    *But for this to work perfectly it has to be somthing players will keep buying and in this case grout will only be bought untill you have fully upgraded all buildings.

Second idea:
    There can also be added a minor fee on sending your general to an adventure. (this cant apply to all adventures as it would punish low lvl players, so mainly the epic or higher lvl adventures).

Third and possibly the best idea:
    *I know many players will not like this one since they use a lot of troops.
    But implementing a very small recruitement fee on troops will also do the trick.
    For this not to punish the low lvl players this must not affect the basic troops like recruits and bowmen.
    But lets say the scale went like this R = 0 / M = 0-1 / S = 1-2 / ES = 2-3.
    * the ammounts are messured in gold coins.
    So to train 1 unit it will cost this many gold coins. This sounds very expensive but can do a lot for the economy, but it can even be per 5 or 10 units u train if you are willing or are planning to change the ammount of units trained at a time.

and comeon... we should pay for our troops, they arent just slaves.

So if you are willing to change the ongoing curve of continuesly rising prices i would hope that you embrace one of these ideas and implement just 1. It would do a lot for the economy. I know low lvl players that cant buy stuff on trade office cause everything is too expensive and high lvl players that dont touch either trade office or loot spots cause the prices are too high now.

(players feel free to comment below, im sure many ppl have their oppinion and some share my consern of gold coins going totally useless)
    Last edited by Gubbie; 20.09.14 at 05:28.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    As we know, prices vary considerably between different servers.

On Northisle, if I compare the current price of a sample of items to a published list last updated in May, a lot of the lower-level items are considerably cheaper, whereas those often bought by higher-level players such as granite have certainly increased.

I'm not sure exactly which servers you class as "older", but over the first few months of this year the prices of a large number of items on Northisle seemed to double, but it has now settled down as reported above.

Of course from a higher-level player's perspective the current prices are shocking!

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    Im not sure how the prices are on other servers as i only play on this one. But ive heard from others that prices are rising. And if the problem exists here with to many gold coins why should it not apply to all the other servers?

For example prices on a noble residence on sandycove is now between 2-4k gc´s making it very hard for low and medium lvl players to grow in population without having to spend to many licences on houses.

The price on a frozen manor has went from 10-30k and are now up to 60-75k this year only.
    lootspots prices are growing higher by the hour.

Granite are now on a ratio thats 1:5.

Prices on almost every item have increased rapidly on our server during the last couple of months allthough the ammount of avaliable resources on trade office havent decreased.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I'm afraid it's too late for such a simplistic fix to work, at least on Sandycove anyway. A lot of the time Coin is not the preferred medium of exchange. A couple of nights ago when looking at the prices of Noble most were selling for Granite not Coin.

The problem is that as long as their is a item be it Granite, beans or stalks etc which are no longer directly useful for high end players those items will become used as a trade medium thus placing items out of reach of the lower level players whim have yet to have reached a level where they can obtain them by game play and not trade.

Also these players don't care how expensive things are because they have already brought everything they need so what we need is for new things to fulfil their wants.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    loot spot prices and weapons are rising because ppl are panic buying with the threat of weapons being removed from adventures so players are stockpiling and because the value of weapons have risen so have the prices of lootspots..as for manors there still around the same price on my server as to what i was getting them for at xmas..no doubt at xmas if they bring out the architect boxes again prices will drop..

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Just get BB to create a fabulously building that does nothing but is ludicrously expensive. Ideally something that takes up little room say the space of a flower bed but is extremely visible - say a sky rod or something. Make it 1 million coins and voila job done as I'm sure there will be players that will buy it as an achievement ;-)

World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry but i think you are wrong.

The devaluing of GC occurred around a year ago, it has nothing to do with the buffs or the towers it is because they allow refills to be traded.

If BB removed this and made it so that you could only obtain refills via adventures or from the merc then a degree of stabilisation would occur however it is well past the point of return now, players have this idea that " I can get 65k for a Frozen Manor therefore I shall list it as that" and then that's how prices stay as they are.

The price of every other resource has increased along the devaluing of coin, Bronze is like 70-80gc per k now on NFL.

The thing is new players have it easier than ever before, they don't trade in stacks they can get premium loot/more loot, it is now easier to obtain a faster general than ever before.

I know 3 players that have gone from level 1-50 in the past 3-4months, back when it would take players months and months (even a year in some cases) to hit 50 players now do it easier than ever before, so it is not that hard for them.
    BAAAHHHHHJJJAAA
    Noun (bah, yah)
    Extreme articulation of both negative and positive exuberance

Skilled Student
    World
    Sandycove
    so you you dont think the fact that we are now having stronger buffs that provides a larger profit and towers that make wheat to gold coins, dont add to the devalueing of gold coins?

Maybe it wasnt a great idea with refills, but i personally like it. ( not that i use it very much )
    but for those who are not arround to rebuild mines whenever they deplete its a great addition to the game.

To adress Dorotheus comment:
    Most of the times when ppl trade its cheaper to do it with other resources than gold coins and therefor ppl do it. And this is just the way settlers trading system works wich is great. But the fact is that if you look on trade office im pretty sure that most of the trades still are offered and bought with gold coins. And if they keep devalueing the price will keep rising on most or all trades that are traded with gold coins. This affect the lower lvl players that dont produce great ammount of gold coins or other resources for that matter. Maybe its easier to lvl nowadays. but im pretty sure its harder to aquire the buildings that you want and need now in the lower lvls. Personally i dont think that this is in order. A noble residence should not be hard to get for new players on trade office since it dont even cost 100 gems, but its a great way for them to save gems in order to one day buy a stronger general.

Why is it better to trade with other resources than gold coins?
    Well these resources are used for a lot of stuff and their value dont change much or in quite the same pace that gold coins do. The reason to this is because there is a huge sink for every other resource than gold coins. Every resource is used for some building in production or upgrade, and coins mostly are just used for upgrading buildings wich is the problem. cause when you have upgraded 1 building you will never have to upgrade it at that lvl again and therefor this kind of gold sink dont work in the long run.
    One way to fix this would be to remove gold coin as a Trade able resource. cause then ppl would have to use stable economy resources for trading. But i dont like this idea since its good to have one form for currency or call it a common used resource for trading. It makes trading easier and faster in most cases.

The answer to this problem dont really lie in more content as this would just shake the market arround and not work for more than a few months when the content isnt new anymore. We need somthing new that will be used all the time. Say a new resource or buff that everyone needs and never will stop needing, or just a small fee on soldiers ( so small that you dont really notice it in the everyday, but high enough to affect the global market).
    Last edited by Gubbie; 20.09.14 at 12:53.

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    BB flooded the market with buffs. thats the problem remove them
    although i can see your thinking your wrong. charging for troop building ect will make it harder for the lower lvs. higher will just add a little to lootspots to reballence thier losses

Reply to Thread