Reply to Thread

Thread: Guilds and their GQ's

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

Guilds and their GQ's

Hello All,

Please note that this is not another bash the GQ thread, just merely a suggestion about the choice of doing GQ's within a guild.

There are many types of guilds out there, those who focus on building each other up, friendships, ones that cater for level 45+ only, gem buyers.
    I happen to be in one that focus on GQ and their respective coins, we're a fairly large guild and thus need a high number of players to complete, in order to get the bonus coins. With this in mind, we have a bit of a turnover with guildies who disappear every so often without warning, and thus are liable to be "kicked" for GQ completion.

I'd like to suggest a way that people can make themselves exempt from GQ's, but still be "active" as deemed in the Guild Member List, preferrably by Officers or the GL themselves to check or uncheck people who are exempt.

Obviously it would not exclude them from the current GQ, but for future GQ's.

It would also help keep core members of a guild together who have been around, who do not necessarily have the time to complete GQ's.

Any other suggestions/criticisms is more than welcome from others.

~ZK

World
    Newfoundland
    Hi,

If I understand you correctly you want the ability to "Opt -out" or be "Opt -out" from guild quests?
    Would that just make things more complicated?

it sound more logical to me to be able to do that if you are going on vacation, etc.
    I don't see it used on a daily bases, because that could complicate things.
    If you go below the minimum of 10 active members, nobody will get a guild quest.
    you have to include that, so it is a possibility nobody get a guild quest when you go below that number.

Although I do like the idea, and not shoot is down completely Maybe it is usable with a twist ?

Maybe it is possible to make is an "I'm not available" button you can toggle when you are out on vacation or weekend off.
    Flipping that will "freeze" you island so your mines don't runout etc while you are away and you get no quilt quest until you logged in again.
    (It will reset the next time you log in again, and it will look like you never were away ie. you continue where you left it

Mind you to be fair, this also would mean you get no guild quest rewards from GQ's completed when you were 'out'.

it should be possible for guild leader to set it for a member that is offline for a longtime, like your idea.
    or let is be switched automatically as it happens now, but that takes 48hrs if I'm not mistaken.

ie: in short this button toggles the mode from "active" immediately to "ïnactive" hence not selecting you for next Guild Quest.
    until next login,same way it works at this moment.
    Just my 2 cents

Love,
    Amy
    Amy Safeunderdark
    A little magic goes a long way.

Amy's Rules of progress (TSO Forum )
    Amy's random quotes & Settlers related Art and images (TSO Forum )
    Amy's TOOLS:
    Forum image uploader New version online supporting more image types, even animated gif!
    Explained here (Forum link) --> PLease leave your comments and/or remarks here

TSO server status (outside link) New Version!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'd rather see the waiting Guild Quest got an update of required members right before being activated and then be available only to the active members.
    If so, we wouldn't need to bother if any member goes for vacation or weekend off.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Associate members wouldn't be a terrible idea, people who join and can check a box saying they have no interest in guild quest. Maybe a pop-up monthly to re-evaluate their decision to opt out. Guild leaders given the choice to activate this mode within the guild.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    I do think it would be nice for Guild Members to be exempt from Guild Quests if they wish. Perhaps a new rank or the lowest present one could contain them.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

World
    Northisle
    Take a look at my suggestion http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-active-guilds

Would that help you?

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Durin_d View Post
    Take a look at my suggestion http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-active-guilds

Would that help you?
    Hi Durin thanks yes that would be helpful thank you for being constructive I really hope that BB give some thought to this.
    "Small but beautifully formed ” 
    Tombstone Warriors Guild [ZOMBI]
    Apply now (2nd page in your Guild Shield)

Reply to Thread