Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: The way forward for TSO?

World
    Sandycove

The way forward for TSO?

First and foremost, it is without doubt that the bugs need sorting as a matter of utmost importance. The test server appears to have become a joke in that a) there are so many locked out, not many can test it and b) those that do and give feedback are virtually ignored before it goes on to the Live servers...

Next is that the Live players have already given so many suggestions previously regarding enhancing daily game play, yet still seem to be ignored. Simple example: stacking the barracks and prov house more efficiently and enabling us to move up and down by priority as it occurs

However, the game is also getting so stale that even new players don't seem to stay that long anymore

We dont really want a granite pit do we? Nor an exotic tree nursery? Yes nice ideas, but not when what perhaps what we really want is something to keep our interests going week in and week out. My suggestions (and some have already been made) are below:
    • More Crisis Quests - keep us looking forward to things between the regular annual events
    • World Cup Event - this may already be in hand, but Im certain most of us are expecting something similar to the Euro event
    • More FT adventures and items to be got from merchant - it has been, and still is limited
    • More levels(?) - this is as contentious as the FT stuff as it will become finite
    • If not PvP, then why not guild vs guild competitions? (Dust2Angel's idea ) No need to fight each other, but see who can pool the most resources etc.. ?

My point is that BB are losing players (and income) hand over fist each week with the lack of solid daily and weekly play. We can only do the same adventures, trade the same resources, build the same (even relatively new) buildings each month.

I also feel that the Dev diaries are not regular enough, I may be wrong, but they used to be quarterly I think, and gave us a much broader outline on what they were working on. Whilst we know they are working on new content, we need to have an earlier idea of what is to come, and if old Dev diaries have been shelved, let us know why that is so? Prime example is the dynamite stuff. At least tell us why its not coming - too buggy? Given up on it? New ETA for it, if any? This alone will go a long way to keeping people's interest in the game..

I love this game and never wanted to become another "moaner" on the forum, but even I can see it going down the pan rather rapidly unless BB address the fundamental issue that is this game is starting to get monotonous for not just L50 players, but newer and individual players too

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Fix the bugs as a matter of urgency, don't add a single thing more to this is done would be my first bit of advice.

Then actually listen to what the players are saying, things suggested today that was suggested last year still have not changed. Good example being able to make more than 25 troops at once could make so many people happy and something that is not hard to do, the time spent on a granite pit could have done this.

It has got to the stage I only logon to send geos and explorers out, rebuild mines and that is pretty much it, the game has got so ..... (cant think of a good word) that soon I am sure I will give up playing like many others I know have already.

There use to be a day when a friend would say to me "what online games have you been playing lately then?" My reply would be "Settlers it is excellent give me your email address and I will send you an invite" Now it is "I don't really play any online games"
    Last edited by PChamps; 03.03.14 at 16:32.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    I would love to see a Dev Diary that states what is no longer being progressed as well.
    Should we still be waiting for the ability to destroy rocks and make more space, what about PVP and other promised features. I say come on BB fix the bugs and then tell us what you are no longer going to deliver as well as new stuff you propose delivering.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    New stuff for beans would be good first aid for quickly making the game more interesting than it is. As a hint though, add an item that is the best of it's kind with a high price tag. People will complain about steep price, but they will always complain. If the major general was 20 000 beanstalks, everyone would still pursue to get it. The woodyard costing 5000 beans was too cheap. It should have been given a slightly smaller footprint to add its appeal and you could easily have asked 25 000 beans for it. Point is, if you add new stuff that advanced players can achieve over a weekend, you will keep hearing this same "game is boring" whining endlessly. Not everything has to be at the grasp of all players; you can throw in something sweet for the hard core players to pursue while you design new features that would keep the game interesting on a sustained basis. Something like, oh I don't know, PvP!?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd like to see something for star coins, say a general or two (oops). Something truly epic for beans. Some way to get more land (oops). PVP (oops). Resource / economic adventures, example make a town that produces x,y,z that requires some real thought. Another Island where I can level beyond 50 ( in the longer term).

Most of all I want to feel the the stuff in development isn't completely aimed at relieving me of as many gems as humanly possible.

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    Jollyfog, well put and agreed. However, another suggestion that may help BB and players alike is to extend the levels from 50 to either 60 or 70, with some new adventures, crisis events, new items in the merchant etc. BB's/ubisofts other online game Anno was extended a further 10 levels before going open beta. It makes one wonder why they (BB) cant do this with Settlers?
    There is no real challenge once you hit lvl 50, having completed all quests and have all your buildings at level 5 and your productions pretty much sorted. This is being stated across the board with the lvl 50's, of which there are now many of all over the world.
    I do not wish to moan or whinge, but honestly something needs to be done, as the losing of players is becoming more prolific and that in turn will lose BB money....seems a bit strange that this hasnt been thought of alot earlier.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    The game is dying slowly, many players are logging just to be noticed they have logged. Also many people are playing from event to event...
    Shipyard, exploring ships, new island, completely New World for pvp, War between the servers, Guilds vs Guilds...maybe more animations, battle reports are boring... Just name it
    I am not lvl50 yet (will be soon), but no new content to make the game more interesting and to spend more money.
    Couldn't agree more with you guys...

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    The game also needs to evolve, with little things like 30 min waiting time for a general to arrive at the adventure island being reduced and moving a garrison not involve the general walking slowly across the map for another 30 mins.

People get bored with the same routine day after day, new content that appeals to old and new is a must.

World
    Sandycove
    I think the biggest issue is the Test Server is reset practically twice a week; originally it used to be once a month, which actually gave people time to test new adjustments more effectively. Now you can't do anything without having it torn asunder, because there appers to be no long-term roadmap of thoughtful development.
    Facebook ID: 1260394561
    Tiletron (Sandycove 3) | Hyncharas (Welt 1)

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    It's Red Nose Day in 11 days so our Red Nose Day event must start soon! What with Red Nose Day being a British invention and the German's having an event for their day last year we're bound to get an event of our own right? The Germans always play fair

Easter event on test.

98 days until the world cup.

So even if we don't get our Red Nose Day event, at least we have some things to look forward to this year.

Reply to Thread