Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The way forward for TSO?

World
    Newfoundland
    Why even bother anymore... more and more friends/players are leaving the game and as Splotch says; there's absolutely no future for this game. Post a REAL dev diary about what kind of plans you got for the future of the game so we (well... I) know if I should continue playing or move on to better things. People are really frustrated and angry now, with all their rights. They/we deserve some kind of statement.

I guess with Anno Online released and the coming of Might & Magic: Heroes Online,
    The Settlers Online is at the very bottom of the priority list for BB.
    Last edited by Nihilista; 14.03.14 at 10:26.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    A friend oversaw TSO on my PC screen when he visited me. He commented something along the lines of "wow that looks interesting". It crossed my mind to tell him to try it out, but I hesitated to do so and instead just replied "it's nothing special really, just a game I play to pass idle time". I consider myself quite a dedicated player of TSO, so if even I can't recommend this game to others, it really shows that the game is losing its appeal big time.

What would we do if I invited him to the game? I could gift him resources from my overflowing material stocks to build his island and level up faster, but then what? Swap buffs every morning and evening? Nope, I will save my recommendations to a game where we can actually PLAY together.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    I did recommend this game to someone, and they are playing it and enjoying it, but I did have some caveats on the recommendation:

I told her the core game was excellent, and I still think that's true, but that subsequent development had failed to resolve any significant problems and had introduced many unfortunate features. The best way I could explain it was that it seemed as though the original developers had moved on to better things leaving a rather second rate team to carry on team on the work at minimum expense.

Can anyone tell me they haven't thought the same thing?

Both of us quite enjoy collectible hunting, though So at least there's been one positive addition in the past 2 years.

World
    Newfoundland
    Is there any plans to release a real dev. diary any time soon?
    Last edited by Nihilista; 25.03.14 at 17:49.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Hold your horses, exciting news is due soon today.

3x gem sale, test server offline for an entire day for a new update with new content.

Also, see BB_Kaurkal's comments from test forum on the new update yesterday when pushed on TSO way forward:

Quote Originally Posted by BB_kaurkal View Post
    Just wait till tomorrow and you will see
    And tomorrow's feature is just one step for some more sweet changes and features, Patience young Padawan!
    Last edited by Baggis; 26.03.14 at 15:10.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    This game needs an (r)evolution !!!

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Announcement on new content due next week, there's a new combat system including a new barracks and a new weaponsmith in a closed beta stage starting soon on test, so new content is finally on the horizon! I hope it brings PVP and new high-level adventures!

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    Announcement on new content due next week, there's a new combat system including a new barracks and a new weaponsmith in a closed beta stage starting soon on test, so new content is finally on the horizon! I hope it brings PVP and new high-level adventures!
    Considering more and more players are now just ticking over between events and then splurging their entire store of goods in to the economy in exchange of events items, myself included, I really hope you're right... If they don't add a few new resource sinks soon and something to keep more people interested the game is going to fizzle.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    please dont troll
    Was fighting windmills from Aug 2012 to Oct 2019.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by topgearfan View Post
    please dont troll
    You should check the test server before accusing someone of trolling, otherwise you look like a troll urself.

Reply to Thread