Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: reward for collecting al collectibles

World
    Newfoundland

reward for collecting al collectibles

I know the quest is really only there so we know how many collectibles there are on the island. Still, the part where I click "claim rewards" and there's a big fat nothing to claim is disheartening. Why should I spend half an hour just to find one more scarecrow?

I'm not expecting any large rewards, just something that gives one the feeling of having accomplished something. For example, how about something like getting an automatic buff* on the mayor's house which would last until the next set of collectibles appear, and would allow for making buffs out of collectibles at a lower cost. (i.e. each buff would need 1 fewer of each collectible to make, or a random collectible (i.e. food carts) cost in each buff would be halved, etc.)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *not the kind of buff that would prevent buffing the mayor's house with population increasing buffs because it already has a buff on it

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    wicked idea +1

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    If I was a cynic I say being able to make a country saying nearly every time you've finished was reward enough ( who needs foodcarts and banners anyway)

Nifty
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'ld love to see a reward for collecting all the collectables - how about an extra rare collectabe e.g and extra food cart

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    If the devs are too lazy to change the "claim reward" text on a button, I'd be very surprised if they ever get around to implementing an actual reward....

Battle Hardened Contributor Jamdoggy's Avatar
    World
    Sandycove
    But... you already get a reward for collecting all the collectibles...

You get a load of new collectibles in your storehouses, and the possibility of making new buffs - you even get to choose which one to make...

If you don't collect them all, you don't get the free buffs! Surely this is reward enough?

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    You don't get a reward for collecting "ALL" the collectibles... there's a big difference.

But the only reason people expect a reward is because there's a big button saying "claim reward" on it.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    The reward is that it is removed from your quest journal :P

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerontius View Post
    But the only reason people expect a reward is because there's a big button saying "claim reward" on it.
    Exactly! It's a Pavlovian reflex to expect something good happening when I press that button. And when I don't get anything, I feel disappointed... It's training me out of expecting good things from the game after having accomplished something. (I think it would be harder to change the text on the button than to add some nominal reward, even if it's only one food cart or a fish, so I'm not asking for that.)

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    I suggest the reward would be the you get the last collectible twice.

Reply to Thread