Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 27/03/2014

World
    Newfoundland
    Your feedback and your questions on the MSE loot has been forwarded and I trust I will be able to update you with an answer soon.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 19.03.14 at 17:15.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzymandeus View Post
    Actually it's more than just Dark Brotherhood that's at issue here. Motherly Love can be done with 4 WPP or 3-5 RS, More Secluded Experiments can be done with 2-3 WPP and 3-5 RS, Return to the Bandit Nest can also be done with them, but I'm not sure of the exact formula, and there are other adventures that could be done with them quite easily, but much less 'economically viable', as it were.
    It doesn't matter how many adventures can or can't be done, the quote is taken out of context. I was pointing out that stuff is going live with no thought of what consequences they will bring. It was widely reported before the WPP and RS went live that they both would mean you could do adventures with no losses, further compounded by giving more away in the loot of a follow-up adventure.

No one seems to pay much attention to feedback from the test server, I myself stop bothering using it because of this combined with the fact it resets more and more frequently. Add to this it's down / unable to log-in quite frequently. The test server needs an overhaul and the community needs to be listened to when something is drastically wrong.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    No one seems to pay much attention to feedback from the test server...*snip*...The test server needs an overhaul and the community needs to be listened to when something is drastically wrong.
    Yes! More than anything. Yes!

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    Actually it's more than just Dark Brotherhood that's at issue here.
    No. The issue is wether or not some players with lots of star-coins from old days will be allowed to block newer players from using these buffs. The old-timers can deside for themselves if they want to use them or not, but why are they allowed to deside it for the rest of us? It takes a lot of adventuring to earn star-coins enough for those buffs. They are not spend easily by those of us who work for our star-coins.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    It doesn't matter how many adventures can or can't be done, the quote is taken out of context. I was pointing out that stuff is going live with no thought of what consequences they will bring. It was widely reported before the WPP and RS went live that they both would mean you could do adventures with no losses, further compounded by giving more away in the loot of a follow-up adventure.

No one seems to pay much attention to feedback from the test server, I myself stop bothering using it because of this combined with the fact it resets more and more frequently. Add to this it's down / unable to log-in quite frequently. The test server needs an overhaul and the community needs to be listened to when something is drastically wrong.
    Then I apologise for reading something into your post that you obviously didn't intend... but the really big problem is the fact that 2 players on premium can use 12-14 of these buffs between them to complete 1 MSE each (with the other taking the loot spot) and have a good chance of getting up to 8 of those same buffs back each. The fact that Blue Byte has taken steps to prevent this from being possible comes as no surprise to me whatsoever.

And, whilst I totally agree with you that feedback from the test server needs more attention from Blue Byte, the other side of their conundrum is the sheer number of players clamouring for new content. Every time something new is tested on the server there are a rash of questions about when they are going live. No matter which way they go they can't win...

Quote Originally Posted by Ulvgeir View Post
    No. The issue is wether or not some players with lots of star-coins from old days will be allowed to block newer players from using these buffs. The old-timers can deside for themselves if they want to use them or not, but why are they allowed to deside it for the rest of us? It takes a lot of adventuring to earn star-coins enough for those buffs. They are not spend easily by those of us who work for our star-coins.
    I agree that it probably wasn't the wisest of ideas for Blue Byte's reaction to the feedback here to be the removal of the buffs from the merchant, even as a temporary measure. However, I think it only prudent to point out that the players that have been using these buffs in high quantities are not actually getting many of them from spending their own star coins. Many more of the RS and WPP they have been using came from buying 'gifts' from other players and, more recently, from MSE loot.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 20.03.14 at 00:55.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulvgeir View Post
    Uhm ....
    I achieved level 50 around New Year 2014.
    However, even if I stopped adventuring completely, I would have enough Star Coins to buy Weak Point Potions for nearly a year.
    Reason being: I can only buy one per 2 days, so my 16k star coins would last for over 250 days.

As 1 Roaring Bull on Premium pays for both Range Support and WPP and if you do one a day, you're somehow set with "eternal combat buffs".

During the Christmas event, I got over 50 WPP from that adventure, which is more than I can claim to have purchased from the merchant chest.

That said, I really don't understand why Bluebyte is fixing stuff which isn't broken before tackling the known severe bugs ("locked zone" for instance).

The current WPP added fun to the game. Seems like BB has a serious issue with the community actually enjoying the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Then I apologise for reading something into your post that you obviously didn't intend... but the really big problem is the fact that 2 players on premium can use 12-14 of these buffs between them to complete 1 MSE each (with the other taking the loot spot) and have a good chance of getting up to 8 of those same buffs back each.
    So compared to how many WPP a MSE may give, it will consume atleast 4..
    How many do you think would be enough?

I agree that it probably wasn't the wisest of ideas for Blue Byte's reaction to the feedback here to be the removal of the buffs from the merchant, even as a temporary measure. However, I think it only prudent to point out that the players that have been using these buffs in high quantities are not actually getting many of them from spending their own star coins. Many more of the RS and WPP they have been using came from buying 'gifts' from other players and, more recently, from MSE loot.
    Now the only way to get new MSE adv are from SE loot.
    How limited do you think that supply need to be?
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    So compared to how many WPP a MSE may give, it will consume atleast 4..
    How many do you think would be enough?
    Incorrect... "12-14 of these buffs between them to complete 1 MSE each", meaning each MSE takes 6-7 RS/WPP... and loot can give 8 per adventure on premium. In my own personal experience, it seems to average about 5-6 per adventure between the two spots. If you build up a relatively small stash of WPP and RS beforehand you can do 10 swaps in the space of an hour.. easy. And if you run low of one, other or both types, you do a few the 'hard way' then start again.

Now the only way to get new MSE adv are from SE loot.
    How limited do you think that supply need to be?
    Well, I don't know about other servers, but I've seen SE loot spots up for sale in the Northisle trade tab a lot more frequently since MSE was added to the loot. Plus... how many are still left over from the event? I know plenty of players that were sitting on dozens of them.. and one in particular who bought hundreds of them during the event.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 20.03.14 at 17:38.

World
    Newfoundland
    UPDATE regarding the More Secluded Experiments loot:

Even if the buffs will be removed from the shop, it will still be possible to get them from the MSE adventure and their behaviour will remain unchanged.

Please keep in mind that this is only the case until the buffs are reintroduced. MSE loot might change when the buffs are reintroduced and we will keep you updated on that.

Quartermaster
    World
    Northisle
    WHATEVER happened to the dynamite update????

Reply to Thread