Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Developers lack perspective

Behind a big rock under the bridge in the deepest woods.
    World
    Newfoundland
    I wish for the devs to start play the game they design..

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingu View Post
    I wish for the devs to start play the game they design..
    In real as well. Not starting like on test with 100000 gems and an island full of already built level 5 buildings.

Behind a big rock under the bridge in the deepest woods.
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    In real as well. Not starting like on test with 100000 gems and an island full of already built level 5 buildings.
    Exactly.. play from level 1.. 0 gems and under nick so its just a regular player feeling the changes and missing bits and all other issues.
    But i guess its to much to ask for...

Pathfinder
    World
    Northisle
    I agree with most things that have been pointed out here, however there have been a couple of things that still need to be mentioned.

1. Adding extra levels above lvl 50 would be a good thing
    2. Being able to move to another island and either purchase it or win it as your own would expand your productions also give more challenges

I understand that the first suggestion has been put in here before, but going by Anno Online where they put in an extra 10 lvls over and above lvl 50 early made a huge difference to the game play. My suggestion of being to expand your island by acquiring new islands would only be available to lvl 50 and above, that increasing the challenge for the higher levels. Also Im not talking gems for these new islands or coins, Im talking conquering harder bandits and bandit leaders. These islands would be randomly generated which would mean that guides would be useless and we would have use the combat simulator and our brains to enable us to take them over.

Of course we would need new buildings eg: ship builder, troops carrier etc. But that would add also the challenge if were to be thought out correctly and we had to use the rarer resources in an effort to build those buildings, no opportunity to buy with gems would definitely be a great way to make it a little harder.

Over the nearly 2 yrs that I have been playing settlers, there have been many improvements made to the game, and some of them I am more than happy to say are a godsend. However, others have been pretty much a waste of time and resources and needless to say gems.

I have played the original settlers games on disc since they first came out, and absolutely love them, but unfortunately BB have now taken the challenges and interest side out of the game. Which in my eyes is a dreadful shame, I still have the other settlers and am at lvl 50 on here, but still find the original disc games alot more challenging than this.

Reply to Thread