Reply to Thread

Thread: Failed retreat cost me Level 50 secluded experiments quests completion

World
    Newfoundland

Failed retreat cost me Level 50 secluded experiments quests completion

While I am aware that BB do not support blocks, do I have a case for complaint on this one?

Almost finished SE for the first time, working to the goals of clearing my recently acquired quests to complete SE losing less than 100 cavalry and side quest to complete losing less than 10 cannons. I had picked a nice simple guide http://dso-karten.de/images/articles...1389283180.jpg and so far up to P.08 with no real problems so far.

With 1 tav general and 1 vet general placed and loaded, ready to go i send my block. Oops I think I was a bit slow sending the attack, not a problem, I will retreat and resend. I have left myself plenty of time first gen hasn't even hit the red zone yet. BAMMM lag hits when i retreat the second (vet) gen. Once the lag sorts itself out the tavern gens races forward and disappears into the bandit camp. Damn. Fortunately no cav or cannons in the block so no big loss to damaging my quest completion although a little inconvenient. I now realise i have time to resend my vet gen to do the attack on the leader camp and although the block attack will finish before leader is killed, I will at least save time and troops potentially finishing off the first camp. Vet gen is now on his way again and major lag, again, so bad i need to refresh.

By the time I get back it looks like the tavern gen is on his way back but i can't find my vet??? I click on the garrison and it says he is attacking but i can't see him anywhere. I click on the tavern gen garrison and he is all happy troops intact. It would appear that the original retreat was successful, but caused the lag and the graphics glitch. As such I had unknowingly sent my vet gen with 45 rec, 140 cav and 65 cannons to their inevitable death.

Not only will I not complete these quests now on this attempt, I now have to wait 2 hrs for my vet gen to regenerate, reorder my barracks to prioritise replacement high value troops to complete the adventure. Which is tedious when i already had 1k basic troops training. So much so I have logged out early tonight, voluntarily for the first time in months and decided to leave it until the morning to sort out. I only hope that tomorrows guild quest does not require me to experience 2 adventures as that will really upset me.

I would like to see your opinions on whether or not BB could be held accountable based on the rules of not supporting blocks, as it was the failed/not failed graphic glitch/lag retreat that caused the loss not an actual failed block?

World
    Newfoundland
    I should add, that at this point in the adventure, I was flying solo so lag cannot be blamed on having 1 or 2 other people active on the adventure.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've seen some horrible rollbacks during combat - a troop setup got rolled back when combat was engaged.
    I think BB better change to roll back all attacks done during such short time.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    I've also had a similar problem. Sent my grim, 30 seconds later he hadn't left the camp so I assumed I must not have sent him and went home to do some wells. Then I get a message that my general has lost. It didn't effect a quest run of a high loss quest luckily but it was annoying.

I've also experienced it taking far too long from you pressing retreat to the general actually turning round. This game is a lag fest. Nothing works fast. Much barely works properly at all. If they fixed a lot of the other stuff to remove lag, maybe adventures/attacks would work more smoothly but rather than getting our hopes up, lets just look forward to the next clickfestrubbish of an update. It will either be something that costs a stupid amount of gems or some golem style click-a-million-times-to-do-something-that-should-be-3-clicks junk update which just causes more lag.

It would be nice if they gave you the resources to do this quest again or just marked those bits as complete, but they probably won't. Good luck!

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Who you talk to in support is hit and miss. I know someone who sent 200 cav for a block and lag meant they died and support were happy to refund everything to rebuild plus a good will gesture.

Reply to Thread