Reply to Thread

Thread: Guild challenges seems to have been closed and moved to news & announcements...

World
    Sandycove

Guild challenges seems to have been closed and moved to news & announcements...

check it out...

http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...ild-Challenges

How has this happened?? A noob to the game gets a suggestion moved to News and Announcements ASAP, yet all our previous suggestions get nothing???

We have been asking for loads of improvements for years, yet this gets moved up the tree in a little over a week? Im fuming...

Edit - and now moved back to game suggestions... how odd this game we play Something fishy going on IMO
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 17.03.14 at 17:40.

World
    Newfoundland
    We're as mystified as you, I moved it back as soon as I noticed it had somehow moved to the wrong part of the boards.

*heads towards the control panel with a large hammer to adjust things*
    http://http://img29.imageshack.us/im...3/btogsiga.jpg
    Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."

World
    Sandycove
    I'm reserving judgement, but something dodgy is afoot...

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Hmmm...

"powered by 707 Media" weird that.
    Also have you tried putting xX into the add friends... 13 different accounts following the same naming convention
    and why does this guy have a footer which is almost identical to Dantesama's and Ravel's???
    Why does the post sound like it was run through Google translate?

Undercover Devs? hmmmmm...

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    how do you explain the BB staff footer Defa?
    and the opening statement which says (paraphrasing) "PvP is not going to happen because it causes lag, so here is another idea..."
    and the mysterious "powered by 707 media link which points to a private discussion group?

I agree with Jolly - there is FAR more to this than meets the eye
    Last edited by Jim_B; 17.03.14 at 19:06.

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    not *a* footnote Defa - loads of players have those; the exact same footnote/signature that Ravel and Dantesama use. Also Swat's profile lists 'his' guild as "MOD"
    I see this morning that the clumsy private discussion group link has now been edited away.

Noone other than mods and BB staff have the power to move posts and yet the post did move to an area reserved for official BB posts.

This is all a little strange.

The idea is a good suggestion, but 2 things concern me:

1. Basically this is being presented as an alternative to PvP which the poster says will cause server lag (as yet no response to my query as to where this info came from - odd that a player with just a few weeks playing time has this information about server load). So many players are now just hanging on in the hope that PvP will come, it is clear that an official announcement that it won't would cause that large chunk of the player base to walk away.

2. I have actually suggested in the past that Devs play incognito, but so that they came to understand how the game is actually played - the value that players in the live game place on resources etc. However, any suspicion that they are now pre-announcing game developments in the player suggestion area disguised as player suggestions is a worrying development. Personally as a long term, loyal, gem-buying player I think I deserve better than that. We all do.

So in the absence of any official answers I will continue to point to the many suspicious aspects of this whole debacle.

It is a great idea. It isn't PvP though. There are many things about the original post that are odd.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The only big concern for me is "when TSO will be considered dead for BB/Ubisoft".
    Minor concerns are how BB devs are treating testserver and feedback therefrom - way too many bugs reported there ends up here on liveservers.
    It's obvious BB has failed (in so many ways) in their handling of feedback.

I doubt "XxSwAtRaNgErXx" is a member of BB staff. I would rather guess it's (whatever group he/she is a member of) about a short time project for whatever purpose we can just guess about.
    If I'm right about this, I really can't see what's the big deal to worry about.. That could be the missing link to catch up ideas from us regular players and devs to test their ideas way before they'd worked them out to be presented to us as Sneak Peeks..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove

Answers

I am sorry to hear you going against this suggestion. here are some answers you want to know.
    poster says will cause server lag (as yet no response to my query as to where this info came from)

If you looked at my old post it had a poll saying "it may cause lag" and that had a few votes so i decide to make this post without pvp that your going against and someone keeps moving it.

This is nothing to do with me being a staff member.

I am not a undercover Dev.

707 Media Has Nothing Related To This In anyway of shape.

Any More Question Feel Free To Ask.

Have A Great Day,
    Ranger

Reply to Thread