Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Connection Failed ?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I can not login.
    I did that you had written yesterday and it worked in Firefox but not in chrome or eksplore.
    But today I can not log in even in firefox

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

game won't load

When trying to login in Chrome with a Uplay account i get a # added to the site in the adress bar and can't log in, when i try Internet Explorer i can log in to my Uplay (or i couldn't post this) but nothing happens when i hit the "play game" button

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    goin to http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play gave me the option to play the game. very strange

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    have you tried going to http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play eckhausen?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    yes I can log in but not get to the island, now it works in Firefox again, but stil not in crom and explore

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'm back in the same sitioation again got server error and then can not get into the game again, can log in and press play, but after a long period of time where it just stands with the different tips I get the message Refres your Broser ,
    and it does not help to erase all cokkies and history, and then open cmd ipconfig / flushdns

World
    Newfoundland
    Eckhausen, can you confirm that your are getting the error described here?

Otherwise, it might be a different issue and I will have to ask you to send a ticket to support describing exactly what the problem is.
    Last edited by BB_Ravel; 22.03.14 at 09:43.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    no I log in and then phus play then I get the message connection to server lost please clik ok to refresh your client.

and it do so in firefox, crome and eksplore and i have tryd on 3 computers. but last night I came online for a short period then it faild and I could not get back in and still can not

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Same problem for me this morning as eckhausen: "Press OK to refresh your client". Cache & DNS flushed three times. Using Chrome. Seems OK until I try to visit an adventure zone.

edit: Seems fine now - nothing changed, just started working for now.
    Last edited by DrinkMoreMilk; 23.03.14 at 06:14.

World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by eckhausen View Post
    no I log in and then phus play then I get the message connection to server lost please clik ok to refresh your client.

and it do so in firefox, crome and eksplore and i have tryd on 3 computers. but last night I came online for a short period then it faild and I could not get back in and still can not
    Hi eckhausen,

I'm not sure I can help you, since your have problems on all three browsers. Seeing that the issue is resolved now for the other players, I would assume that you now have another problem (maybe introduced by the problems the game earlier). The fact that you have the problem on all three browser might be explained by you trying to get online while the problems with the game still existed.

I couldn't find out if you tried the steps given by BB_Ravel again after the situation was resolved so just to be sure I'm going to assume you didn't. For now lets see if we can get Firefox to work again.

Do this steps exactly in the order given:
    1. Make sure you are not logged in
    2. Close all Firefox windows except 1 (make sure it is not showing something related to the game)
    3. Clear cookies and cache (Please follow How to clear cookies and cache: Firefox)
    4. Close all your Firefox windows
    5. Clear DNS cache
      I don't know which OS you are using, but if it is Windows 7 you can do this
      Go to Start, type in cmd in the "Search programs and files" field and then a pop-up will open.
      Type in ipconfig /flushdns and hit Enter.
      Unfortunately I have a Dutch Windows, but the end result should look like this

The part I underlined should say something like "DNS cache has been cleared"
    6. Open Firefox
    7. Go to the login page ( http://www.thesettlersonline.com ) and log in
    8. Press "Play"
    9. If that still isn't working go to http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/play then click in the navigation bar and press CTRL+F5 again
    10. If that isn't working I can only suggest you contact Support
      You can contact Support using the contact form on this page: http://www.thesettlersonline.com/en/help-and-support

I hope this helps.

Regards,
    Fexno
    Last edited by Fexno; 02.10.14 at 20:36.

Reply to Thread