1 4.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Reply to Thread

Thread: Auction Night in G-3, Newfoundland server

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

Auction Night in G-3, Newfoundland server

This post is just to see if there is any interest...

There used to be auctions in g-3 before, mainly run by a few people that are not around much/at all anymore. I thought they were great fun, and wondered if there'd be any interest in trying to organise "Auction-night" once or twice a week.

BB have posted some general rules for the auctions

These rules makes sense to me, and are pretty much how Auctions were run on our server before the rules were introduced.

I would like people to think about the following though:
    • auctions are created by players, for players. The resources/items do have to come from somewhere. So - if you participate in buying, I think it's only fair that you participate in selling. Ofc people have different economies, one week you might be short of resources, another you might have some spare, but it should not be a one way street imo. If you do not want to be an Auctioneer, approach one of the people you have seen selling, and see if they're able to do it for you
    • if you're auctioning a ls, it should either be rtf (ready to finish) and you should give a max time for how long you're willing to wait (1hr, 2 hr etc). Alternatively given as "to be confirmed" where you agree a completion time/date with the winning buyer
    • if you win the auction, please send the trades to the auctioneer for a fish/log/stone (you cannot expect them to run auction and do trades, too cumbersome). If you are not in friend list already, the winner needs to put the trades up in TO (Trade Office)
    • generally all items are auctioned off for gc (gold coins). This is to make it easier for everyone
    • sometimes there is lag, and bids get eaten by gremlins. This happens - BBs suggestion is for the auctioneer to put up a screenie, so that players can see why the auctioneer awarded the bid to someone that others might consider to have the 2nd best offer. Not really been an issue so far, as I can remember, as people have tended to be easygoing and have looked at the auction as a bit of fun

We had an impromptu auction in g-3 last week, and though most people were from my guild, there were a few others that joined in the fun.

From chatting to people, I'm putting forward some days for regular Auction days. The time suggested is 7pm/19:00hours GMT, so 8pm/20:00 for mainland Europe. I am aware that there are players from other time zones, and that people might not be able to attend due to Real Life Commitments. However, there will not be a time that suits everyone, and 7pm GMT seemed to work ok before

I have put all days of the week up, please pick the option(s) that suits you best.

Depending on interest, I might make another post where we vote on a specific day/s.

Thanks for reading - and please go voting
    Last edited by BlueFairy; 26.03.14 at 16:09.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Saturday Blue!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks Blue, any day suits me fine.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great idea Blue.
    I choose Sunday as that's typically the end of the weekend when people may have build up surplus resources or need extra stuff after a weekend of hard adventuring ;-)

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Great idea. Sunday gets my vote too

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Ohh I'd love to be part of auctions again, good thinking

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland

Auction Day

Would prefer Saturdays or 2nd Choice would be Sundays

Just so you all know I was at last weeks auction (I'm not in Blues Guild lol) and I have provisionally set aside 7pm this Saturday for another auction. Anyone can be there and put up items for auction as Blue has explained. I for example have a noble residence, and Artic Mine. a dark Castle and maybe a few other Items I am willing to auction. The reason I am willing to put them up is that I really had fun last week, If they only make 5gc well someone gets a great deal But I dont mind as Its the fun that counts and who knows I may get near the actual value for them..

This is a game and all we can hope for is that its fun for everyone and we can help to achieve this by participating in events such as the Auction..

SO COME ON BY ON SATURDAY AT 7PM GMT

For those who don't know how to get to global 3 simply copy and paste the following into your chat bar...doesn't matter which chat u are in it will go to global 3 chat for you Make sure there is no space before the slash.

/j global-3
    Last edited by VinConway; 27.03.14 at 01:35.

World
    Newfoundland
    Great ideea BF
    Al days suits me fine, but like weekend most so i vote sunday.

Reply to Thread