Closed Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Maintenance

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I wonder how many login attempts each minute the site has just now.......

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Perhaps the easter event is a maintanance event ................................

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Do you feel the change? You know this event will be awesome - you are eager to do it. But then again - you also know that BB really want it for us to be a great event, so they take the time to avoid some of the bugs. We are hooked no matter how many complaints - BB got us. Problaby because we know the game just gets better and better - challeging us more and more. My compliments to EctoRune - the baseball bat thingy....I laughed for some time.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    humpty dumpty fell off the wall

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whether a game is free or not at the basic level is totally irrelevant. It's a business and we are the customers. Problems arise in any business but the key has always been informing the customers. It's really not hard and makes a MASSIVE difference. Nobody expects BB to never have an issue, but we are entitled to expect some service in the way of just being given an update. We play for fun and for me this is right in the middle of the evening for me. I want to get on with the event as do many. I just want to know whether to keep trying every 5/10 minutes or go and watch TV for a couple of hours. Anyone in any industry can give their customers an update, why can't BB?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by CaneFlail View Post
    I vaxed three weeks ago and have lovely clean carpets now.
    Brilliant! ha ha

For those complaining that BB don't give them enough information on how long it will continue to be down for, it's because they don't know. Despite all the testing that they'll do to make sure these things go smoothly (and i'm not talking the tso testing we log into, they'll have at least half a dozen test environments), there are problems that can crop up when going to the live environment. They first have to find out exactly what the problem is, then whats causing the problem, then fix it, test it, maybe if the first fix doesn't work there's more finding, fixing, testing. It takes time. But you can be sure all the devs are working hard to get it back live.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    No information leads to frustration, as Grahaml says if we were told it would take another hour I would go do something else and come back then.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    QUESTION: Longer than who expected? I warned my guild not to bother trying to log on until after 10 am last night. Quite possibly longer than projected or schedualed, but saying the delay is unexpected is going a little far.

I mean no disrespect by this in any way, simply stating an observation. This isn't a problem limited to BlueByte, many games face irregular maintenance times, it simply goes with the business. Although I could wish we would get a gift for the time lost on the easter event, maybe some free eggs,.. or even better a few of those egg hunt buffs to use on friends, hint hint wink wink*

Very Respectfully,

BenFranklin
    Last edited by BenFranklin; 09.04.14 at 07:45.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    can someone please wake me up when the game is back on going back to bed

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Yup same here, cant get to play

Closed Thread