Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hidden Egg buff quest not registered

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle

Hidden Egg buff quest not registered

Anyone else had this problem? Put my "hidden egg hunt" buff on a friend's mayor's house, but the quest is still open.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    me too

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

World
    Newfoundland
    A friend put the hidden egg buff on my town hall but there are no coloured eggs on my island, do I have to do anything to accept the buff/quest?

I have logged out and back in again but no coloured eggs. If they are so well hidden I can't find at least one, then its pointless searching.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    Not sure if this is one or two separate issues, then.
    1) My issue: Buff worked fine but the quest didn't finish
    2) Other issue: Some people's buff didn't even work.

World
    Northisle
    Yes - the same thing happened with me yesterday. Applied the buff, MH was sparkly, but in my buff menu, the icon stayed grayed-out and never completed -- which I guess is the trigger for the next Easter Quest.

Today when I logged in, there isn't even an Easter Event listed under my Quests. It has totally disappeared. How do I continue? Tried to send a note to support yesterday and upon submitting the form, got an error to refresh page and try again. Did that 3x and still couldn't contact support. Please help!
    Last edited by Elles0705; 10.04.14 at 11:42.

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Same issues here,.. One, non registered egg buff on my own mayors house,,.. buffee remains greyed out. Both issues have been reported frequently within my guild from less than satisfied but patient players. Seems the egg hunt buff is bugged, the egg resource buff works fine though.

Overall, not incredibly impressed by the event so far.

* Late start of event: Given a mediocre gift in apology,.. sucked for many players who wanted to start on the event and get trades set before going to work on the 9th, Lost out on half a days worth of treasure hunts(which would have yielded anywhere from 0-390 eggs depending on luck and number of exploreres, 10 savage scouts 3 eggsperienced eggplorers, long hunt 12 hours, 30 egg chance each = 13x30= 390(not to mention normal explorers)) because of it and trade office deals that would have helped them a lot.... This was the reason I suggested gifting eggs or egg hunt buffs for the delay.

*Egg hunt buff not working,. no rewards, no responce. Whats with my friends buff,.. will he get it back? What about the collectables spent to make it? Can I be buffed again by someone else? If not did I just lose a days worth of egg hunting? Where are the 10 eggs that my friend and i should be able to get?

Good questions,... won't be answered.

*Support as usually is overrun and understaffed,... or is it simply the ammount of lag keeping tickets from getting through?

VR,

BenFranklin
    Last edited by BenFranklin; 11.04.14 at 05:02.
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Did some troubleshooting,.. Someone else was able to buff my mayors house and their buff worked. but the origional buffee has a greyed out buff that shows as quantity 0. So will he get his buff back?
    "They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." ~Benjamin Franklin

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle

Temporary solution to bugg found, use until BB can fix the issue!

Ok, so when the buff does not work and is greyed out for the buffer follow the steps below.

Have someone else buff the island of the bugged buff recipient. Make sure they do not leave the island until the buff registers and the buff message appears. I think the issue may be there, leaving the island before the buff is activated.

Next have the origional buffer refresh his client to return the buff to his star menu!

Origional buffers buff worked on someone elses mayor island, eggs have appeared despite the individual being offline(hence ruling out the german server theory of the individual needing to be online). Buffer waited until buff was activated before leaving, which supports my theory. The buff itself was not bugged but the first time he had buffed and returned home before the buff became active.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by BenFranklin; 11.04.14 at 06:32.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by DrinkMoreMilk View Post
    Anyone else had this problem? Put my "hidden egg hunt" buff on a friend's mayor's house, but the quest is still open.
    I even got the 10 eggs reward because we located them all - but quest still open.

Reply to Thread