Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Martial arts gen - whats he like?

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Zougan View Post
    Thanks for the response - floater = floating residence?
    Yes

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland

MMA vs Veteran General

I keep hearing advice to the tune of "MMA is occasionally useful, veterans are overall better so if you don't have veteran generals get a veteran with your eggs" both from MODs and players. I am very new to the game and from what I have seen a unit that destroys first strike units without dying would seem to be quite useful but What are peoples thoughts?

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    I have found the MMA save a lot more troops than even the master (270) general, so I see it as a must have. Most adventures will show a big saving of troops using this general as the main one and not just a sacrifice one (sending 1r to a leader camp for example)

World
    Newfoundland
    The MMA is by far the better option, with the built in 450-550 damage at first strike it brings a nice little 1rec suicide wave to take down nasty camps. Also if you use the MMA as your main general again the 450-550 damage equates to around 56-57 cav, with its 220 unit cap, means potential could be up to 270-280 units worth of damage, making him on par with the MG. I will add that in some scenarios the VET can/could be better. But that is a vice versa thing and overall I would rate the flexibility in roles on the MMA more.

World
    Newfoundland
    The MMA general is absolutely a revolution. Hundreds of troops saved compared to the Mayor on the adventures I've tried so far. The MMA gen is usually better or about as good as the mayor, so I'd definitely say he's much stronger than a standard vet.
    EVO is recruiting.
    Players of all levels and experiences welcome. We like to teach.
    Take a look at our recruitment thread, or send me a PM if you're interested.
    Join the evolution today!

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    I've redone most of my attacks using the MMA as the main gen. I have saved a lot of troops on the smaller adv. Things like DP I've saved 91 recruits and 10 bows, no cav die. Witch of the swamp I lose zero cav and again save about 113 recruits. So for the smaller adv it is quite significant. However the MMA doesn't do better against all enemies, VET still comes on top for some of the nastier fights. Outlaws i save 90 recruits, militia still die and the some of the blocks i still do with my VET (as the MMA doesn't do better at those like the last one). Of course I am still kinda playing around in simulators and trying different strategies.

Yet to work out BK or something larger. Generally speaking where you see a VET using cav, the MMA generally does better. Whether to get the MMA vs the VET...good question. If you are a work by the guides kind of person, then the VET is your best bet as their are quite a lot more guides that use vets. If you don't mind working things out yourself and your still low level (less than 40 or so) then an MMA would save you a lot of troops, especially those expensive cavalry!

Ideally having a VET and an MMA is a fantastic combo. I was very skeptical about the MMA's use till I got him and tried him out for myself. I absolutely love him now, and he has replaced a lot of my VET fights. Of course I am mainly speaking about non epic adv. I am yet to delve into anything larger than RB, so take my comments knowing i am mainly talking about the smaller adventures.

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Thanks for those responses guys I will see how many eggs I will have to buy with gems as soon as I know how many eggs I got from bb over the maintance. Plus I also still have hidden egg hunts to swap. So I should definitely afford a MMA this week.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    the mma is fantastic even on rb i have use him to save at least 40 recruits on the last witch tower,all been saving hundreds of recruits on other adventures his unbeatable...much better then vet over all.only maybe 2 or 3 fights i found him to be less useful then the vet....

World
    Sandycove
    I got the MMA, hes great. I use him whenever cav is used against ennemy camp, he can be on his way while my Vet is returning from yet another victory. Also I use him (+ 1 recriut) as cannon fodder against ennemy camps with first strike, thus reducing losses with the following general. All in all he speeds up and cuts down on losses for me. Looking forward to the next event where I can get one.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by corona88 View Post
    But for nords you need a lot xbows, cav can you only 2-3 camps.
    on camp when you use cav already is without losses or with very small losses.

not good for nords, surprise attack
    He does surprisingly well on SA, cuts the losses down to almost equal to Nords.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread