Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 0.5% chance to lose a fortune ...

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle

0.5% chance to lose a fortune ...

The last 3 Tailors adventures have an 0.5% chance to provide 100 Beanstalks instead of 669 Magic Beans.
    However, even with an unbuffed Fairytale Castle, this rare reward is worth significantly less than the Beans themselves.

Going by actual market price, these 100 Beanstalks are worth roughly as much as 150 Beans, so the player who "hits jackpot" actually loses out on over 80% of the reward!

Suggestion:

Modify Clever/Heroic/Betrayed Little Tailor loot in one of the following ways:

a) Change the 100 Beanstalks to 1000 - after all, it is rare, it won't flood the game.
    b) Rather than have a, 0.5% chance to not get any beans at all - move the 0.5% chance to win the 100 beanstalks to a bonus slot (like Dark Brotherhood)

Both ways, it would not be playing Russian Roulette with an entire army of 5000+ recruits/bowmen, which it currently is.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Like any adventure I guess. You can walk away from SE with nothing good or get an angel gate which sells for loads.

Battle Hardened Contributor
    World
    Northisle
    Such is life... sometimes you win or lose. Nothing wrong here, get over it

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by PChamps View Post
    Like any adventure I guess. You can walk away from SE with nothing good or get an angel gate which sells for loads.
    But you don't invest like 5000 troops into SE - and when you see the first person buying SE LS 13k, tell me

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    As I remarked once before, it's easy to ignore this complaint when the unfortunate recipient is somebody else. That is until you play the same adventure and receive a measly 100 stalks. At which point you feel the sudden urge to submit a Police report.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by casel0gic View Post
    As I remarked once before, it's easy to ignore this complaint when the unfortunate recipient is somebody else. That is until you play the same adventure and receive a measly 100 stalks. At which point you feel the sudden urge to submit a Police report.
    Yeah, that is the point: "Why should we care to make this game better for everyone, as long as I am not concerned with the things that are wrong?"

This section is neither the "bug section" nor the "whine section" - but the improvement suggestions section.
    The probability of the crummy reward going to me is sufficiently low to ignore it.

However, even at 0.5%, it happens to someone pretty much every day, and each time it happens, it makes that person upset.
    So, this begs the question: "Is Bluebyte really keen on upsetting players - or on making the game enjoyable?"

Here comes the question to those who say "It's just like that": What is improvement all about? Accepting the status quo "because it's always been like that"?
    If it were so, we could all just crawl back to our caves and eat raw meat.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    They could change the stalks to a gempit. Guess what, within a month there would be people moaning about how unfair that drop is because they have maxed out on gempits and anymore you get would be worthless.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharpielein View Post
    But you don't invest like 5000 troops into SE - and when you see the first person buying SE LS 13k, tell me

If you're doing the advent, thus losing the 5k troops, you have have 2 other LS that you are selling, right? If you buy a ls then just call it bad luck. The price of these LS is irrelevant because they are set by the players and do not reflect ingame value correctly.

I bought about 20 ls now with the Easter event paying the increased price because of the egg chance. Did I get eggs every time or enough to cover my expense on ls?... not really. Should I complain as well about the low chance of eggs or better yet, granite?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Yeah I see "Let's not improve anything, the game should never improve, bad things should stay bad" - I got your point.

World
    Northisle
    Obviously you didn't get the point. I just don't see what needs improving in the current situation. Why should BB improve the loot of this particular advent over the others?

If you want to suggest something about loot you'd be better off doing it for SOTV and SE, advents that people avoid. And by the way, there is no need to be sarcastic. Yeah, I get it you had bad luck with your loot but so do many others. It is a chance you're taking when you go for that adventure.

Reply to Thread