Reply to Thread

Thread: count down timer for generals

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland

count down timer for generals

just posting this to see if any one else has had this happen to them....
    i was following briosheje guide for raging bull and on both the blocks for wt1 and wt2 my veterans count down timer started but my normal blocking general (tavern) count down timer went down faster and the block failed on each occasion.
    i have followed this guide several times and never seen this happen before if fact i have never seen a normal generals count down go faster then a vets on any adventure i have done before.
    i know blocks are'nt supposedly supported and u do them at your own risk blah blah...i am not asking about the block just the way the count down timer seemed to be bugged on these 2 occassions and if any one has experienced this as well.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    The only reson I can think of is was you experiancing bad lag. If that was the case then your generals did not hit their respective camps when your display showed you did. This would lead to your block generals from the servers point of view started their fights a lot earlier than what you saw thus those battles were over before your attack on the WT's
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Sandycove
    A veteran general which still has cannons when the destruction stage starts takes 50 to 60 seconds (Witch tower are harder to destruct then normal camps. A tavern general without cannons taking out C3 only has a 40 seconds destruction stage. So if the destruct timer is shown before 15 to 20 seconds of the destruction stage of the witchtower has passed, C3 will be defeated before the witchtower is down.

However taking briosheje's guide the witchtower will be defeated in a maximum of 80 seconds total, while the block will last at least 120 seconds (if the destruct timer is indeed shown! There is about 3% chance the blocking general will be defeated, meaning there will be no destruct timer, meaning the block will only last 80 seconds)

A safer block setup would be:
    60 121 19 (in stead of 60S 121E 13B as stated in Briosheje's guide)

Since this fills up the troop count to 200 troops, it might very well be a typo in that setup.

The destruction time needed is dependent on the amount of hitpoints a building has, the general used, and if there are still cannons left when the destruction stage starts. The following buildings are sorted by their amount of hitpoints: Bandit camp, Watchtower, Reinforced watchtower, Stone tower, White castle, Witch tower, Bone church, Dark castle. If you use this simulator to simulate briosheje's setup on the witchtower and scroll down to "Building destruction times" you see an example of what I mean.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    thx for the explaination fexno....i did'tn know the timers changed depending on the buidling type.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Fexno View Post
    A veteran general which still has cannons when the destruction stage starts takes 50 to 60 seconds (Witch tower are harder to destruct then normal camps. A tavern general without cannons taking out C3 only has a 40 seconds destruction stage. So if the destruct timer is shown before 15 to 20 seconds of the destruction stage of the witchtower has passed, C3 will be defeated before the witchtower is down.

However taking briosheje's guide the witchtower will be defeated in a maximum of 80 seconds total, while the block will last at least 120 seconds (if the destruct timer is indeed shown! There is about 3% chance the blocking general will be defeated, meaning there will be no destruct timer, meaning the block will only last 80 seconds)

A safer block setup would be:
    60 121 19 (in stead of 60S 121E 13B as stated in Briosheje's guide)

Since this fills up the troop count to 200 troops, it might very well be a typo in that setup.

The destruction time needed is dependent on the amount of hitpoints a building has, the general used, and if there are still cannons left when the destruction stage starts. The following buildings are sorted by their amount of hitpoints: Bandit camp, Watchtower, Reinforced watchtower, Stone tower, White castle, Witch tower, Bone church, Dark castle. If you use this simulator to simulate briosheje's setup on the witchtower and scroll down to "Building destruction times" you see an example of what I mean.
    The destruction time of a building does not only depends by the cannoneers but also from the global offensive attack of each alive troup at the end of the battle, that's why in my setups you often find 1XB 1LB 1B 1K, because the global offensive damage is way higher than what cannoneers alone can do.

Also, another trick is to use the MMA general to take down towers: since it's attack is 450-500, taking down a witch tower takes a maximum amount of three rounds (if you have cannoneers) instead of 5-6 rounds. That is, the tower countdown will only last 30 seconds instead of 50-60 seconds.

Anyway I've updated the guide making the setup safer, as suggested by many users! Thanks for pointing that out!

Reply to Thread