Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 6 new zones

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    What are people who request for a second island etc doing that they can't find the space for on their current island? I produce more settlers and weapons than what I have time to kill off, and I'm fairly active in the game. I have space for 100+ more buildings should I feel the need to build something more, but my economy is already producing a surplus in any category. I'm very lazy at buffing so I run rather inefficient production chains, yet I never run out of anything. Since I have the space, I sometimes ponder if I should build a few more farms, mills and bakeries for some more settlers. But then I scan through my star menu and see the 60+ batches of 625 settlers waiting, and I figure that maybe I'll manage...

If you really insist on playing 4 fairytale adventures every day and find that it's a "fault" in the game that your island can't keep up with that, then all I can say is this: Should you choose to accept that this is all the building space you will ever be getting, you might notice that you don't need to hoard resources from 4 fairytale adventures every day. You can't invest all that on a fully built island. Miraculously, cutting back on the most troop-heavy adventures will make your island's output suffice just fine for your daily needs.

If you still really REALLY insist on playing 4 fairytale adventures every day, you have a vast extension to your own island readily at hand: trade. The amount of gc or beans you accumulate from adventure lootspots and your own loot easily covers the material costs of all the military needed to play it and more. Let's say your own island's output produces troops for one FT per day. Playing it and selling the lootspots and trading for more materials lets you play another 2-3 of them. The detailed maths to this varies depending on the price level on your server, but 8000 recruits take 80k swords, 40k brew and 200k bread. If all of these cost 50gc/k, that would amount to 16000gc. I believe a single FT spot goes for 10000gc+ on any EU server, so that should give you an idea. In my opinion the only ultimate bottlenecks are the barracks (for military) and provision house (for settlers). Or would some of you who crave for more space disagree: If you were given another provision house and another barracks, would you be able to increase your troop output per day? I take the liberty to answer this for you: yes. So an extra sector, an extra island, or 10 islands for that matter won't do much good for you as long as you are working with a single barracks and prov.

I simply can't find sympathy for those who have a tight-packed island full of lv5 production buildings and still complain that it's not enough. I'm not saying this because I would be jealous, on the contrary. All my production buidings are lv5 and I have a large number of deed-free buildings, including frozen manors and endless copper mines. I feel I live in abundance of anything I could desire in the game. That is why I fail to understand why someone who has an even bigger economy is still not satisfied. Seriously, if you could now build a thousand more buildings, would that actually make you enjoy the game any better than currently?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    whoootttt!!! thumbs up for King-Fero.

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Nice WOT King-Fero, but short form: "You don't need a self-sufficient economy producing more of everything than you can consume". True.

As in Real Life, "war is costly and never sustainable".
    Sooner or later, you run out of resources and then you either need to invest your spoils of war or stop the war.

But I still wish there were a solution for all of those trophies stuck in my Star Menu.
    We get them, so why shouldn't we be able to place them on our own island?

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I would love extra space but it would have to be more for decorative purposes than any economical benefit, too bigger danger of turning settlers into a single player game releasing 6 zones just to churn out more stuff. But releasing space to house my military or using up the hundreds of decorations in star menu. Perhaps zones where you can construct special buildings such as docks or a cathedral to use up 100,000's of resources for no other purpose than to say you have one.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Pity we cant drain the water from the middle of the island, there are plenty of fish around the outside

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Could also let us place non-production buildings on the various islands, we know it can be done on "Golem Island". Ideal spot for a guildhouse, tavern etc...

Reply to Thread