Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Full Resource Payback when Buildings Demolished

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland

Full Resource Payback when Buildings Demolished

Game development has caught me out more than once when balancing my economy.

I'd like to see resources returned to a player in full when they demolish a building.

Having to knock down L5 buildings which cost granite and exotic wood to construct, especially due to game development, is particularly unpallatable.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    +1

Also costs for moving buildings is too high.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    A full payback i can´t agree to, but to get some more of the resources i´m all for. Instead of only the cost of the lvl 1 Building a payback of about 20-25% of all resources spent on upgrading to lvl 5.
    "How good bad music and bad reasons sound when we march against an enemy"
    Nietzsche

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    You have several choice in settlers, firstly whether to plant the building in the first place, then 4 more choices about whether to upgrade it. There's no need to refund any more than already happens it's part of the strategy.

Here's a tip for you as well, make sure it's in the right place before any level 5 upgrade is finished.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    You have several choice in settlers, firstly whether to plant the building in the first place, then 4 more choices about whether to upgrade it. There's no need to refund any more than already happens it's part of the strategy.

Here's a tip for you as well, make sure it's in the right place before any level 5 upgrade is finished.
    Why I do sort of agree with this I also see it from the other point of view. BB introduce improved silos and warehouses long after the existing warehouses and silos. To be able to replace the existing I would need to remove them in cases like this I think a full refund should be due. If BB introduce new buildings that super seed old buildings then maybe for the first week of them being out they offer full refunds on level 5 buildings that they replace. This is beneficial for BB in terms of people spending gems to buy the buildings quick while they can get a full refund on the old version.

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    In just a week you will not have enough stuff to move around buildings to fit the new one in the best way, on all spots.

Secondly if you are having silo's and warehouses upgraded to level 5 you must be playing long enough to know how expensive the granite is you spent.
    So no i don't think you oughtta get it back.
    Just play adventures and get new granite :P

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bertolucci79 View Post
    In just a week you will not have enough stuff to move around buildings to fit the new one in the best way, on all spots.

Secondly if you are having silo's and warehouses upgraded to level 5 you must be playing long enough to know how expensive the granite is you spent.
    So no i don't think you oughtta get it back.
    Just play adventures and get new granite :P
    You would be surprised what one can do in a week. Anyway that was just an example could do the first month. I know how expensive granite is, that is exactly the reason I am agreeing with this post by saying when BB bring out a new building well after existing ones which are better they should make a grace period to get a full refund this would encourage people to buy them. If I knew I would get my hard earned granite back for all my level 5 silos I would have maybe spent gems buying improved ones.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post

I don't have a choice in when BB release new buildings which supersede existing. I currently have 93 silo's. If they were all advanced to L5 (as was my original goal) then I would now be out of pocket for a serious amount of Granite and Exowood due in absolutely no part to my own choices. It is more than clear to me that BB have introduced the Improved Silo because the overall gem cost for the first version was stratospheric and they needed to address that.

When BB roll out a new building and tell me that it's better than the first I'm not necessarily going to want to agree with them. And the reason for that is simple. Agreement with them comes out of my pocket. And in all honesty BB should man up and admit they have made a mistake, albeit with the wonderful benefit of hindsight. But expecting me to pay for the new improved silo's and the granite and exowood is, perhaps, gratuitous.

Indeed I'd go one step further and I'd strongly suggest that BB consider how they protect paying players in the future from this sort of issue. Those who choose not to pay have exercised their choice. Those who choose to pay have indeed kept the entire process alive.

Making a building obsolete which someone has paid for can't rank up there in the top ten of marketing ploys.

Even a farmer knows you can only milk a cow so many times before it has no more milk to offer.

Best
    Nutters :-)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Shout it from the top of the mountains, hold a bake sale, have a parade, what ever it takes to get this out of your systems. The simple fact is 100% refund is never going to happen.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    With silo's I agree to an extent, but as Dorotheus states it's never going to happen, your also faced with an even tougher choice soon regarding farms and you'll have to think really carefully how you approach it.

On the bright side given that you originally had a layout taking up 186 squares plus a few for field and storage, your wheat production will take up considerably less in future if you encompass the new stuff.

Reply to Thread