Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Full Resource Payback when Buildings Demolished

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Nuttymut, sell your silo's 3 at a time (whenever you have enough gems for improved silo) for granite and you will have your level 5 costs for improved silo right back from the trade office.

Silo's might be obsolete to you as a paying player lvl 50 in need of buildingspace, but for lvl 40 player non paying the building might still have value in reducing Island maintenance at the point where there are going to be ever more farmfields collapsing daily.
    Just like the houses may become obsolete with the introduction of frozen manors, they also still have market value.

Exo wood isn't all that expensive (on TradeOffice) and hardly worth mentioning here.

OW btw gemprize of 3 silo vs 1 improved silo differs 5 or 10 gem?? (maintenance at the moment so can't check) so your idea that BB would introduce the improved one cuz of gemcost seems farfetched, unless you are telling me you buy exowood and granite with gems instead of adventuring, lootspotting and trading to get them???????
    (I myself pay for gempits now and then, but i will never spend even 1 gem on resources i can get for free from gameplay)

Bluesavanah that's maybe why grout is invented and level 6 instead off creating an improved farm.
    Last edited by Bertolucci79; 07.05.14 at 01:10.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Shout it from the top of the mountains, hold a bake sale, have a parade, what ever it takes to get this out of your systems. The simple fact is 100% refund is never going to happen.
    No. The simple fact is this. I have put it forward a suggestion. Which is clearly what this board is for. That's fact. And in putting it forward to BB as a suggestion I would expect it to at least go through a process which means it is considered.

You're speculation is of course merely that. Pure conjecture. There is no credible reason for you to suggest it will not happen.

It would be prudent to discuss facts as they stand. There is nothing preventing BB from considering the suggestion and there is nothing preventing them from implementing it. That's fact. Your comment isn't fact, it's speculation and conjecture.

It serves no purpose. This board is for suggestions. It is not for anything else. That's fact.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Fact: You get 25% back from tearing down a level 1 building. Why should you have the expectation that BB will give you 100% from a level 5 based on the afore mentioned fact. So far your argument has demonstrated I'm not the one wearing rose tinted glasses.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    While it would be nice to get refunds, the counter-argument is: "You got the value out of the level 5 building already".

I mean, it's not like you get a full refund from Ford for your 10-year old car just because a new, superior model comes out. Not even if you maintained the car well all the time, not even if you tuned and pimped it for a couple grand. You bought it, you used it, you can get a new one anytime - but you're not forced to.

Also, the game is in dire need of resource sinks, and full refunds would make it just a bit too easy to end up having more resources than you'd ever need.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    Shout it from the top of the mountains, hold a bake sale, have a parade, what ever it takes to get this out of your systems. The simple fact is 100% refund is never going to happen.
    How about a 'buff' that returns the value they ask, special 10% drop from one of them stupid adventures like GP?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    I like the idea of 100% refunds on demolishing a building but this will need to be balanced out if implemented on.

A new player up to say level 15 could get 100% refund on demolishing a building as they are now starting out and getting used to the game, its mechanics, timings and placements.

Whereas as a player say 16-25 would have a better idea of the game, mechanics and timings so maybe 70% refund

Players 26-35 have played longer, become more adept and are exposed to adventures now so maybe 40% refund

Then players 36-45 are considered as Veterans and subsequently maybe a 10% refund

Then there is the level 46-50 Elite, the fully developed player who is well versed in just about every aspect of the game, its mechanics, timings and placements maybe a 0% refund on demolishing.

What this does is it creates opportunities to learn from mistakes at earlier levels with less to no penalty, and in some cases aiding to part thereof their own economy and income.

This also penalises the seasoned players for not making adjustments from mistakes earlier on and not only provides a greater challenge for players as they level to be as efficient as possible but also provides a greater risk to reward ratio for them even though most of the players in this category will probably not change up their island much anyway.
    Last edited by Proliator; 26.05.14 at 20:14.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Truth of the matter is BB pretend to listen but that's about as far as it goes, just look at the improved silo, those of us that spent a fortune on normal silo asked for an option to exchange them for the improved silo or have some sort of upgrade option in the market, BB said oh yes we will take that on board and think about, we also asked for it to be able to replace 3 normal silo rather than a dumb 2.7, and what happened? Nothing, they just ignored us and went ahead with it with no modifications at all, so why do any of us even bother posting in here?

So like it has been said, its never going to happen

Reply to Thread