View Poll Results: Should BlueByte publish all random drop percentages for the game?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 82.35%
  • No

5 5.88%
  • Makes no difference to me

10 11.76%
Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Loot drop and explorer search percentages

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    There are quite a few players who do not care for exact percentages, but there are also the nerdy few of us who are number-crazy and would "do anything" to get a hold of the figures.

I guess since the numbers are available to the development team anyways and since posting them for public display indeeds adds value to a lot of players, it is a good way to do this.

Those who "don't care" still have the choice not to use it, just like any other feature.

World
    Newfoundland
    Minion [removed] , what have you started here

Hello Seamus1,

No self censoring on the forum please.

Thank you,
    Fexno

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I voted no. I think that if the intended/programmed drop percentage were to be published it could just create an industry around the unrest when we perceive (rightly or wrongly) that we are not getting what we are entitled to get. I don't want support or developers spending time on that when there are more important bugs to fix and content to enhance. I am confident that any changes affect all of us equally and any shortages can be addressed through trading.

I also think that it is totally legitimate for BB to alter drop percentages. It would be nice if they told us when such re-balancing had taken place but think it would be unwise of them to tell us the %ages.

The suggestion that we collect stats about granite and other drops will, I fear, sadly not work. The skill system has made that hugely more difficult - each of my explorers has a different set of skills. There have however been posts around skills not working as expected so perhaps BB need )probably already have) something to check for unintended results.

My suggestion is that ]if anything at all is done BB do not publish what we can expect based on their intended programming but do make available to nerds like me information about actual loot and search results in the last week or month. Make the raw data available to us - not an analysis. That way, for nerds, you add to the enjoyment of the game by giving us data to analyse, trends to discover and tools to develop. Do not make the data available in any way that affects game performance. The data should include such factors as date/time, skills, search type, adventure name and server.

Reply to Thread