View Poll Results: Should BlueByte publish all random drop percentages for the game?

Voters
85. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

70 82.35%
  • No

5 5.88%
  • Makes no difference to me

10 11.76%
Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Loot drop and explorer search percentages

World
    Newfoundland

Loot drop and explorer search percentages

I know that there are published percentages for adventure finds and loot drops but so many updates since bluebyte originally published/supplied info that they are surely outdated and inaccurate now.

While i realise that many will then use published percentages to complain that they are not getting these, I know that each find/loot drop is an individual event and not representative of multiple drops/finds. I would like to see a little transparency on these odds/percentages (the same with random item chests) as I am paying with gems bought for real money and trying to maximise the in game profit from using these gems through buying explorers/premium time/surprise boxes etc.

There have been many complaints about not finding granite, certain adventures not been found as often. To some extent this will remove the mystery and then players will either have or not have genuine cause for complaint about their luck.

The mystery boxes are effectively a form of gambling with real money if you so choose, but without official published odds. I am sure this unethical and would like to see how others feel about this.

Please don't spam this feed complaining you never get granite, there are already feeds for that. This is a feed asking for official percentages on loot/searches/mystery boxes.

World
    Newfoundland
    I have also sent this directly through support in hopes of direct response from BlueByte. Will keep you informed of any outcome.

World
    Sandycove
    Would be wonderful to have the info back from BB on this, but I doubt very much they will give it for the gem purchased items like the MAs etc simply because it may put ppl off buying them

World
    Newfoundland
    So, I got a speedy response from support

Unfortunately the response carries absolutely no logic whatsoever. Because of forum rules I am unable to copy and paste reply so will try to paraphrase.

Support cannot implement any changes to the basics of the game. Your request has been forwarded to developers.

I don't remember asking for changes, only asking for accurate up to date information to cover changes already made by the developers. Go figure. Sometimes I see what is a brilliant idea on the forum and wonder why these are not ever explored as viable upgrades to enhance the settlers experience. Other times, like this for example, it is not a surprise that bugs and ideas generally don't go anywhere when the support staff don't even understand the difference between requesting information and requesting changes(not sure what changes though) the basics of the game.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    1. Why are you assuming that BB have the information to publish?
    2. Based on BB's record for keeping us up to date on other stuff (PvP, Rock removal), is it reasonable to expect them to keep us up to date on this?
    3. Do you have any hard evidence that all worlds are equal.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    1. Why are you assuming that BB have the information to publish?
    2. Based on BB's record for keeping us up to date on other stuff (PvP, Rock removal), is it reasonable to expect them to keep us up to date on this?
    3. Do you have any hard evidence that all worlds are equal.
    1. loot drops are a result of coding - therefore one would expect a calculation to provide the odds. Also I am lead to believe that the loot tables on the german wiki were originally created from information supplied by BB, but I understand now that BB no longer provide this information but cannot find out why.

2. why should we not expect them to keep us up to date on this and everything else as a paying consumer?

3. I have no evidence at all that all worlds are equal and is pretty irrelevant in my argument for the information to be provided. It is irrelevant for everything other than competitions between different servers and i'm not bothered if sandycove has better odds for nords than zeus. like wise i'm not bothered if newfoundland has worse odds for granite on roaring bull than one of the german servers. I just want to know what the odds are for the newfoundland server that I play on.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I doubt you'll ever get official figures for drop chances on anything. Sure I read somewhere originally you could see some of the code and that's how the German wiki came up with their figures for explorers but obviously over time stuff has been added thus diluting the drop chance.

I'd say most of the figures in the loot table thread (http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...-Loot-overview) are not far off the mark, obviously the more popular the adventure the more chance you can personally see some bad runs

World
    Newfoundland
    I have woken up this morning to another brief reply from support stating that the information can be requested and posted by the community team.

So over to you guys. BB_Ravel and BB_Namib, I would be very grateful if you could pursue this please.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by minion79 View Post
    I know that there are published percentages for adventure finds and loot drops but so many updates since bluebyte originally published/supplied info that they are surely outdated and inaccurate now.
    To clear things up, we do not and did not officially provide any such info. The information available on wikis and other websites is based on user calculations.

That being said, Support are indeed not the way to go about this and I will be happy to pass on your question/request.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    SidV was the first to show loot tables for adventures and all the information at the time seemed to be accurate, without lots of people sending in their drops, so there was some other source.
    Another thread for explorer searches was from the game code, not from players sending data to calculate chance.
    Bluebyte could save players the trouble, making choosing which explorer search or adventure to play based on what is needed most, which most of us do already.

Reply to Thread