I agree, unlimited stacking, please BB!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    The sooner the better!

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    There are a lot of games with stock or storehouse, and are very different in how them handled. Usually not allowed to have more than can fit in stocks, nor items get by trade, looting or take back from any "outer" place e.g. market. Somewhere the overproduction doesn't stop the consuption of resources, and stock overflow simply lost, or can induce other break and freak, e.g. riot, polution. From this perspective, TSO is generous: you don't have to check the stock and calculate free room all time, what to do with returned items if trade expire, if items intented to buy will fit or not, even loot from adventures will not stop the production. The only limitation by storehouse, if it becomes full, then production of such item stops, likewise in trade you can not ask more than can fit in stock at the moment of offering...

Other hand it is not a fair practice to use Star menu as a stock for items what should be in warehouse, this is a special place for special items. Remain consistent, nothing to do with this practice, even doesn't hurt other player's advance. But the target of above asks is an unlimited stock -- and that is Star menu's limitation what can be kept in warehouse, can not be used (e.g. sell out) directly from Star. IMO the benefit what you earn with such behavior of Star is worth the little bit more clicks; let say, these clicks and discomfort can be treated as the cost of it.

Thirdly, any change of Star does not affect only its "extended" use and user, but lower level players too. So should be ask and implement only changes good for everyone or at least most of the public. The aggregation and any technique to select to use certain amount from pile is not so transparent for first sight, too similar to storehouse --- and storehouse is well usable in tandem with Economic overview (does anybody remember what was without EO?). And perhaps aggregation takes more clicks on lower level or in certain cases (e.g. to start an adventure from a pile is sure more clicks --- and not necessarily hold everyone more, so a number on it could be confusing).

IMO we have to start on the other end, and good enough some minor changes, like Star menu stay open on ask (pin), like Building menu or TO; should be able to select multiple items, like in other application with the use of modification keys such shift, control, command, option etc. whatever is common on your OS (as it was asked many times in other threads). Such way TO can cut, would be fair to join also, even because the cuted parts are not join on expiration or cancel. ETC.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Northisle
    Another prem FT, perhaps 2 EFB and a choccie buff.
    Count the 100 or so of each already in star (18 per page plus remainder, needs some math). Accept loot mail. Recount and check there are 2 more EFB and 1 more choccie. Want to send support a ticket after doing that? They'd just laugh and say you counted wrongly.

Stacking is the way to go.

Especially for those 1 star coin plus 1 star coin premium from doing loots.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Branko, you're talking rubbish yet again. You can already use the star menu as storage overflow. Even ignoring warehouse resources, I have about 30 outlaws adventures, there is no need for that to take up 2 pages of the star menu. It should have 1 item and have 30 on it like a stack of outlaws instead of 30 individual. EFBs are the same. Why have pages and pages of single "stack" items when it SHOULD be 1 item with the amount you have on it.

It wouldn't change how the star menu is used at all.

We could just go the opposite way and unstack everything if that would make you happy? You could open the warehouse and instead of having 200k pinewood, 30k planks etc etc it would have 1 single irritating pinewood duplicated 200,000 times so you have to scroll 11,000 times to get past them.

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazgod View Post
    Branko, you're talking rubbish yet again. You can already use the star menu as storage overflow...
    Did I say anything else?

Why have pages and pages of single "stack" items...
    Which pages you talk about? Tabs? If I remember well, ages ago were not tabs and sorting in Star menu, and was terrible. Ok, filter were promised...

It wouldn't change how the star menu is used at all.
    While you want make an unlimited stock from Star menu, it change the way it is used. Maybe more comfortable for higher level, but I'm not sure, it is evenly good for others, further in the aspect of game balance simply an endless store is not needed. On other hand, that is not clear at all, how get less clicks by your proposal, and that is the one and only good solution for something what is not problem for others.

We could just go the opposite way and unstack everything if that would make you happy? ...
    LOL maybe, my english is not an easy-to-understand, so I apologize if I said any misinterpretable...
    Last edited by Brankovics; 05.12.13 at 16:04.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle

This is irritating. You have pages and pages of the same item duplicated over and over and over.

It should be like this

No duplicates. Instead of going through 3 or 4 pages of the same adventure (1 page = 18 items) you just get 1 of each with the count on it. Much neater. Much less scrolling. Many many less rows in the database as well so direct performance improvement plus more importantly it's less annoying to use

Forum Explorer
    World
    Sandycove
    Calm down. On Sandycove the scrolable tabs can hold hundreds of items. Except TO I've never seen pages. Nor now in your post

Update: Something may happened at my ISP, so now I can see your adv-collection; enthralling.
    Last edited by Brankovics; 05.12.13 at 18:47.

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I refer to the clicking down in the tabs as pages as do many.

World
    Sandycove
    lol. I know I said previously, due to a certain event, that you should always keep a reserve of adventures, but I can not conceive of an event that will require 24 SE's or 92 SOTV's, or if they were to be sold for such an event, that they would be worth anything to warrant the storage in star. Whilst I'm drooling at all those lovely cauldrons to go and find ( sad person that I am ) Once I get more than six of any adventure, I either , odd as it may seem, actually do some of them, use them as a cauldron search, then cancel to get some return on them, put them in TO or simply press the little x in the top right corner ( its not that hard, and doesn't need any more coding ). So any problems for the data bases and performance will not caused by me, or others like me who do not have a `hoarding fetish', why do players store all these `cheap useless things' things anyway? Is there going to be a shortage of SOTV and SE in the near future?....der I don't think so.
    My suggestion is not that we need to stack things in star, but to play within the proper game and only store things of worth in storage that we have to build, as then your own game play `hoarding' if that is what it is, forces you to make the necessary arrangements/choices and limits any degradation in server performance, or resource sink events, (that probably are induced by this , on the rest of us.
    So stacking in store house great idea, perhaps a new section alongside map frags for adventures, retirement section for `ye old bandits' etc. Stacking in star gets thumbs down from me, in fact I would go further and put a limit on available slots, again to make players make choices, and do a bit of spring cleaning
    Are we to be told of adventure changes or not? 1 Month on and still SNEAKY RB changes have not been mentioned

Reply to Thread