I support the idea, anything that speeds up things sounds good

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Good idea. Something needs to be done to tidy up the star menu and make it less onerous in clearing resources from it.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    This could take place automatically. When was there ever need to keep 10 titanium ore batches or 25 buff batches separate?

Rather BB could add a split option. So by default, everything stacks on the one and single icon under star. We get resource batches of 1,000,000 on test server so there is no issue with high amounts. If on the odd occasion you'd have the need to have a lower quantity batch (mostly when adding settlers I suppose) you could click a split icon, then resource, then a slider would show up like on trade and you could slide or type your desired amount.

Considering there's a ton of traffic in the star menu, this feature would certainly make an impact. I keep adding every explorer treasure, every surplus ore discovery, every cauldron, every quest reward, every loot item and every provision house product to the mayor's house on a daily basis, the time this feature would save me would be substantial.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Sandycove
    Agreed with King-Fero.
    Or, if not automatically stacked, a button that wouldn't require selecting them individually that was just for 'Stack all the things!'. Would definitely make loading up the mayors house much quicker.

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    +1

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    enthusiastic +1

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    option 1 I'd love even more since it might work on buffs and adventures and maybe decoration also.

but option 2 will save allot of clicking already also.
    +9999

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    King-Fero got it right.

Please especially note the traffic part.

Imagine if stuff automatically stacked in the star menu, for mid-high level players (40+) this would easily reduce somewhere between 50 and 100 clicks per day, which translates to at least (!) 1 inbound and 1 outbound server message.
    Given 2000 active players of such levels per server, that would reduce server load by over 100,000 messages per day - or, across all servers: over 3,000,000 server messages reduced per day.

That should boost overall performance SIGNIFICANTLY!

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    Since buffs from a group happen one at a time and adding resources to your storhouse just send the excess (over capacity) back to the star menu, I'm not sure we even need a split function. Great idea and sounds like not that much work for the developers

Reply to Thread