Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19

Thread: Stack stuff in the star menu!

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Koraku View Post
    a mass-stack and single-split functionality would be awesome.

hit [stack] and everything (including adventures, baskets (no more stack limit in star menu!) and buildings stack ontop of eachother.

then If I want to send someone 100 feasts, I click [split stack], click on my stack of 4356 feasts and enter "100" and press [OK]. Boom 1 stack of 4256 feasts and 1 of 100 to easily send to someone.

Seriously how can a feature like this not be in the game already -_-, it's like the developers don't play the game themselves at all or these QoL (Quality of Life) changes would have been in here looooooooooooooooooooong ago.
    It's already like this at the moment, whenever you want to send someone any amount, you are asked for quantities. Why would you want to do this:

a) Split Stack into X amount
    b) Send split stack

if you can just:
    a) Send X amount from stack

?

Skilled Student
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sharpielein, as things are now, you can't send more than 1 stack at a time, and as a stack is max worth of 25 units, you can't send more than 25 of a given item, eg. buffs. without this limitation, you could have 1 stack with eg. 100 buffs in it, meaning you would send 1 stack, and not 4, would be a lot eaiser and quicker, and by that extent, less painful, to send over buffs, or other items.

fangerious
    First of all, I want to thank you BB for the recent changes in the barracks and provision house! Very nicely implemented and prevented carpal tunnel syndrome for some of us...

It seems to me that the next logical step here will have to be this - please let us stack stuff on the star menu.
    I think in some way it will actually decrease the load on the game servers, less stacks of 25 normal buffs (or stacks of 1 of special buffs) on trades.
    Also, it will make trade more interesting, as now we might be able for example to do trades of multiple special buffs (or multiple adventures - will also be nice).

Finally, this request is so old and I don't think is that hard to implement. Any chance we'll see it in the near future?

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Mannerheim View Post
    Yeah I don't normally swap buffs because of the horrible star menu, server lag etc. but I did now during event and what a click fest it is. Finding pumpkin stack sometimes took some time too. Dragging with scroll bar is slow too, its like 'where's waldo'

Here is a combined shot of my menu near the end of event (warning very large big for some browsers to handle)

Cutsie tiny little Star Menu. My Star has 7k+ entries for buffs alone. Add to that 1100 adventures plus some other trash (resources) and my Star Menu has probably 10k+ entries.
    Nobody in their right mind can tell me that that's efficient.

As for what was said about that "25 limit" - I have stacks of 600k copper in my star menu. They are not stacks of 25.
    I would prefer having 1 stack of 1200 star coins over 900 stacks of 1-2 star coins.

Original Serf
    World
    Northisle
    start selling some if u having too much in star menu ...

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by puricosu View Post
    start selling some if u having too much in star menu ...
    Doesn't make sense when you can't sell like 100 Exotic Baskets.
    Why would I want to sell 100x 1 Exotic Basket?

It all comes around to the original topic: We need to stack this stuff!

World
    Sandycove
    I think I've already agreed but in case I didn't, I'll agree again.
    +3 to stacking in star menu
    Sorry, but I've slept since then...

World
    Newfoundland
    +1 to stacking stuff in starmenu, again for the 4th time or something

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Northisle
    Why is this not done yet? Just added 200k coal to a deposit 800 at a time. That is 250 stacks, 750 clicks. It should be 1 click to select ALL MY COAL REFILLS, 1 click on the mine then a basic slider used every freaking other place in the game (and with a field to just type in a number because sliders suck). I'm invoicing you lot for a new mouse when you break this one for forcing so many pointless clicks. It isn't fun and it would be so easy for you to fix it. Stop added rubbish no one asks for and DO THIS NEXT. Nothing else matters until this is done. Sick of seeing pages and pages of the same rubbish in my star menu. No item should be displayed more than once. 2 years old this thread is. 19 pages of support

Edit. 230k coal in total, over 300 stacks including the 400 and 1000 refills. Almost 1000 clicks, at least 300 refill actions to the server. With 300 database records instead of 1 and 300 refill actions instead of 1 it's clear to see why the game has such terrible performance. I'm sure there are players with way more junk than me in their star menu. 1 record per player per item it should be. Instead that is increased by hundreds or even thousands in some cases. Awful design and needs to be fixed for player sanity and game performance asap

Please do not swear on the forums
    Last edited by MOD_Daz; 24.03.15 at 13:55.

Reply to Thread