Reply to Thread

Thread: New content, test server, bugs made to live server and test forum

World
    Sandycove

New content, test server, bugs made to live server and test forum

I don't know how the feedback from the test forum is relayed back to the devs, but currently there are far too many bugs making it from test server to live servers these days. To the loyal fan base TSO has here, it is most disappointing to say the least, and shows apparent disregard to all those who bother to take the time to play on test..

I suggest the following format:

1. All reported issues and bugs to be compiled by the Test BB forum manager

2. The above to be posted on the test forum for all to see and updated weekly (at a minimum)

3. A single feedback thread for the above so players can add to current known issues (this keeps it all in one place for the Test BB_xx to scan through rather than continuous searching on various threads

4. An update on those known issues to be added/marked as closed as and when they are dealt with

5. Full responsiblity to lie with the Test forum BB_xxx for all the above. This shows the players that he/she is doing their job properly and our issues are being reported back on a regular basis and not just swept under the carpet.

If (any of) the above is already meant to be in place, its a pretty poor show over there at the moment and gives us players no real incentive to continue to test on a regular basis.

As always any constructive criticism and/or better suggestions are welcome.

P.S. I would have posted this suggestion on the test forum, but given already a lack of communication/feedback in general, it seems pointless
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 09.05.14 at 14:08.

Enlightened Sage
    World
    Northisle
    Just gonna quote part of your message and leave it at that as a reply...

Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    5. Full responsiblity to lie with the forum BB_xxx ... doing their job properly

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    The problem ain't started here. It all fails at testserver with the BB staff and devs there. Bugs are reported in testforum but being ignored.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    exactly what Im saying SmurfAsh, hence the need for clarity on their part that they are going to start listening

I posted here in the hope the BBs here can help us make it happen...
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 09.05.14 at 12:13.

World
    Newfoundland
    Even if a bug fix is not implemented on a version going live, knowing about it in advance does mean more time to fix it, which is why I encourage you to keep reporting issues on the test server forum.

As far as I know, your issues definitely do get reported, but please understand I am not personally handling the test server.

I understand the frustration behind this post and I will pass on your feedback on this matter but am unable to create the desired protocol at this time.

World
    Sandycove
    thanks for the response and also thanks for passing this on, Ravel - it just seems there's hardly any acknowledgment from the Test Forum Manager on test (at least not via the forum anyway). This leads to mass disappointment and confusion as to whether we the testers are actually being listened too.

I'll leave it there and hope that your help in passing this feedback on will in future glean more transparency over on test
    Last edited by jollyfog2012; 12.05.14 at 17:25.

World
    Newfoundland
    I respect your diplomacy here jollyfog, despite your, and many others, immeasurable levels of frustration at a perceived lack of recognition or acknowledgement for efforts placed into the test and live forums.

I wonder at times how much language is a massive barrier when placing posts on the test forum. I know sometimes language can be an issue sending a ticket to support.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by jollyfog2012 View Post
    thanks for the response and also thanks for passing this on, Ravel - it just seems there's hardly any acknowledgment from the Test Forum Manager on test (at least not via the forum anyway). This leads to mass disappointment and confusion as to whether we the testers are actually being listened too.

I'll leave it there and hope that your help in passing this feedback on will in future glean more transparency over on test
    You are very welcome!

I think the recent changes within the Summer Event do prove the feedback is listened to. I am basing this on the information I get from you guys, but you asked for a rebalancing and there was one. Changes might not always happen very fast, but they do happen as far as I can see.

Committed Clicker
    World
    Sandycove
    Its more painful to report bugs and be told that these new bugs are intended. Why would the devs be spending time adding popups, impossible to complete quests, luck based time limited content etc.? Have they really run out of ideas?

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Its so rare these days the test server being online its getting to be a waste of time, maybe thats why so many bugs get through

Reply to Thread