Reply to Thread

Thread: [MINOR GRAPHICS] Trade offer window displaying zero simple eggs

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle

[MINOR GRAPHICS] Trade offer window displaying zero simple eggs

Happy Saturday

When setting up a trade offer (both with a friend and the world), I have noticed that if I type in a filter like "simple" it displays my inventory of simple paper with how much I have plus a graphic for simple eggs from the Easter event with a zero beside it.

This is of course of no importance to my enjoyment the game.

Kind regards
    VV

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    I am a bit confused why you have posted this as a bug/technical issue? the simple eggs were items during the Easter event that were tradeable and are still tradeable. They have the first half of the name the same as the paper so what you are seeing is correct. May I suggest if you do not want to see them then type a bit more in the search box i.e. "simple p" will show you just the paper.

What you are saying is along the basis of if I type coins I can see guild coins and gold coins.

World
    Newfoundland
    Working as intended
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    In my opinion you shouldn't be shown an item in your selling list that you have not got any of. I have no fairy-tale adventures therefore if I type in "little" I see nothing displayed, which I think is as it should be. However for items even if you have zero it shows you that item for you to choose from. In my opinion this is a minor graphics bug - if others disagree then that's just a matter of opinion!

Town Councillor
    World
    Newfoundland
    From your first post you was not very clear the bother was because you had zero it was because it was displaying while searching for simple paper. What you said just now makes more sense and you are right an item should not be displayed when you try and sell something if you have none of that item.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You have two types of items you can trade, those where you can only trade 1 at a time and those which you can sell multiples of. Using your examples you can only trade 1 fairy-tale adv at a time so for the trade window it don't show any if you have none. For items like simple eggs you can trade any amount so it does shows even if you have zero stock of this item. Based on the current UI the trade window is working as intended so no bug.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    ... For items like simple eggs you can trade any amount so it does shows even if you have zero stock of this item...
    I disagree - you cannot trade zero items - that's a "no sale" ! This may be semantics but GUIs are supposed to be at least semi-intuitive and loads of time I've seen programmers hauled across the coals for not making sure that it's reasonably obvious what to do. Of course if the only players of TSO were rocket-scientists and higher intelligence maybe I'm being pernickety!

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    You misunderstand, it's showing you have 0 available to trade, not that you can trade 0. It's like a ATM showing you have £0 to draw out.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Northisle
    That is inconsistent with not showing the fairy-tale adventures where I have none available to trade. I disagree with the fact that in one case it shows and in the other case it doesn't. It is a matter of opinion.

Treasure Hunter
    World
    Newfoundland
    Personally I think its good that it shows me the list of all known items that match a filter, even if I have 0 of it. This helps confirm that I have 0 (when I might think I have 1+), rather than making me wonder if I spelled it wrong.

Reply to Thread