Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Change Log - 22/05/2014

Original Serf
    World
    Newfoundland
    I saw that email. Thank you. Free prizes are always very nice, too.
    Thank you in advance for any confirmation you can get, and (since I'm sure you don't love having to tell us "You know that thing I just told you? JUST KIDDING!") I wish you the best in luck in your attempts to get us a definite answer that isn't changed a few days later

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    Neither BK, Pirates nor "experience 2 new advs" are any big deals in a co-operating guild.
    Sorry, but you're kind of missing my point. Why bother for a handful of guild coins that you could trade for for far less effort? And what's the point when you have 40k stored but can only buy something useful with them every 6 months? Guild cooperation doesn't really come into it, but once people start realising there isn't a point to the coins anymore, the quests don't get finished as quickly. You only have to look at the popularity of guilds that say they are not interested in guild quests or actively delete them to see that players are increasingly indifferent to this game element.

Guild coins have become pointless, because the system has not been developed; new content has been added on top without thinking of the old. We can now make a super buff for every occasion in the mayors house, so why spend ggc? did anyone think of that? Either make the limits on the useful items in the guild shop bigger or change the contents of the shop more regularly.

The whole point of my post was a plea to stop introducing new game elements which actively compete with existing ones. There are now 2 entirely different replacements for XP, but neither has been developed past its original implementation. I would like to think that future game developments are carefully thought out to *extend* existing gameplay elements, not make them redundant.

The Fairy Tale theme has so much potential as an inspiration for resources, production chains, adventures, buildings, but appears to have been completely ignored over collectibles and events. Now beans and beanstalks have become as pointless as guild coins and star coins. My FT castle is a space waste, but I don't want to demolish it in case something new comes out.

I just wish game developments were 'joined up'.

*oh the irony! I see as soon as I posted that guild shop is changing again - about time. However since it seems to be limited items and a bunch of buffs again my comments stand
    Last edited by Jim_B; 16.05.14 at 14:01.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Sorry, I was replying another post..

You wrote "The problem here is the short-sightedness of new content and failure to continually develop it." and seems to be focused only on the reward and what you can do with it. Also, you seems to have missed that atm you can buy probably one of the best buffs ever for guild coins - the Zombie buff.

Yes, I do agree we lack something (more) useful to spend SC on, but I'm convinced it's just a matter of time till then... Perhaps a MoMA and/or a Legendary General (this time with 270 troops capacity like a MG)..

I think unlike coins, the beans and beanstalks will remain valuable as new players will need to get some and old players won't (as you pointed out) do those advs when they've got all they wanted. Perhaps tailor advs would be worth doing for some traders and maybe also for most of us if Magnificent Residence becomes upgradable..
    Last edited by SmurfAsH; 16.05.14 at 14:43.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove

I think unlike coins, the beans and beanstalks will remain valuable as new players will need to get some and old players won't (as you pointed out) do those advs when they've got all they wanted. Perhaps tailor advs would be worth doing for some traders and maybe also for most of us if Magnificent Residence becomes upgradable..
    If Magnificent Residence becomes upgradable ? Has there ever been any indication that such is on the to do list anywhere, we have to remember that just because some request something does not imply the BB have to give it any consideration.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    If Magnificent Residence becomes upgradable ? Has there ever been any indication that such is on the to do list anywhere, we have to remember that just because some request something does not imply the BB have to give it any consideration.
    Did we ever see the Village School coming to be upgradable?

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    Did we ever see the Village School coming to be upgradable?
    In that case why not dream of upgradeable Frozen manors.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Skilled Student
    World
    Northisle
    Yes, yes, let us upgrade the frozen manors, each level should unfrozen it a little bit so its get back some nice colours so they look better on the island I would love to see them green with brown roofs

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    With both Star Coins and Beans, the lack of development of those areas of the merchant is a problem. The only change we have seen since implementation was the removal of 2 items so new (down powered) versions could be introduced.

My issue with Guild Coins (and also with Star Coins for that matter) is the completely over inflated costs of many (if not most) items that effectively render them not worth buying. The star coin shop is riddled with resources that are just so vastly over priced it's not even funny. The irony is that many players reached the point that they don't need to buy an extra 100 titanium ore or exotic wood long before reaching level 50... and if anyone has ever spent 600 star coins on 100 saltpeter I will got to the foot of our stairs and eat my hat!

The Guild Market has been guilty of much the same issue with many items being considerably over priced (like Sleepy Reef currently), and I can see that this latest change to the guild shop is keeping up that tradition, with the Book Finish and Tidy Staples, in particular.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorotheus View Post
    In that case why not dream of upgradeable Frozen manors.
    Why should I?
    I wrote "if" about "upgradable MR" - something I've seen no one opposing (Do I really need to defend that suggestion?), but now ranting about.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Neither BK, Pirates nor "experience 2 new advs" are any big deals in a co-operating guild.
    Oh yes they are.
    I would really like to start some of the larger adventures, and complete them at my own pace. But this has been made impossible by these same 2 quests repeating ad nauseam. They are stifling the game.
    We were assured that "200 new guild quests" were added, well unless they were all variants on these two, where are the other 198?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Reply to Thread