Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Fourth Community Vote

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    I'd love to reply to all of you Northisle guys on this in detail but I've got better things to do with my time. The school was the best choice for the majority in my opinion, the only argument against it from your replies was akin to saying I don't want silos because if they refill my fields entirely I may waste some production time and then rebuilding every field manually. I still don't think that people who adventure are 'niche' and I still think the decision was short-sighted. Go ahead grind your water, wheat, flour, bread, production house for every adventure for ever more, suffice to say agree to disagree on this matter.
    Last edited by Baggis; 01.06.14 at 10:14.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Again Baggis, you're not listening... I did not say, "people who adventure are niche". I said, "players who do adventures day after day after day are somewhat of a niche ". There is a very significant difference in those two statements that you are obviously failing to recognise.

Dappadon is right, I would certainly agree that, of the three items offered in the vote, the Village School is the most powerful. However, again, you fail to recognise the main crux of the point I was trying to make when I broke down my decision process for why I voted for the store being the best item for my secondary account, which is that not everyone has the luxury of being able to afford every single item that they want and have to prioritise their purchases according to their needs at the time. If they are already capable of producing more than enough settlers for their needs then, of course, Village School is not going to be a priority for them and based on Gerontius' reply, it would seem a similar line of thought would also apply to some people who are already taking extensive advantage of Village Schools.

Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    Anyway I for one see little point posting about an item WE CAN NOT BUY when the shop is changed, But congratulations to all the people who in there droves voted for the store because it means the vast majority of players are happy with the result, you just cant please everyone!
    So, moving on from what, as Dappadon says, is a moot point, this comment did provoke some thought about the voting process which I would like to leave some feedback regarding.

It occurs to me that, given the nature of the voting process, we didn't actually get a majority indication of what the players wanted because of the "first past the post" nature of multiple candidate votes. By way of illustration, let me break down the results of the first vote a little:

41.9% voted for the Storehouse, meaning 58.1% wanted something else.
    34.3% voted for the General, meaning 65.7% wanted something else.
    23.8% voted for the School, meaning 76.2% wanted something else.

So, rather than saying we will get the item most people wanted, I feel it would be more accurate to say we will get the item the least people didn't want.

In order to get a clearer indication of what people want to see in the guild market, I feel it would be a much better idea to break the vote down into a series of 'option A or option B' questions. I'll give you an example using items from this last vote (where I am going to discount the BHG on the grounds that we have just come off the back of an event where 2 more powerful generals were available for purchase with eggs). So, I would have polled the player base with questions something along the lines of:

1. Would you like an Improved Storehouse or a Village School?
    2. Would you like The Seige or Buccaneer Roundup?
    3. Would you like Hidden Marble or Rabbit Food?
    4. Would you like Chant of Focus or Hot Lemon Tea?
    5. Would you like Inspirational Speech or Mystery Box?
    6. Would you like Fairy Fire and Fairy Light or Book Finish and Tidy Staples?

In each case there would almost certainly be a clear majority decision one way or another, though in the case of a very close decision (say, for example, a 49.5%/50.5% or closer) then it may be in order to offer both options in a similar fashion to what happened with Sleepy Reef and the Copper Diviner in the last vote.

I have seen other ideas as to how to better organise the vote in this thread, all of which I think have some merit. Even if they don't agree with my specific idea, I would expect that most people would agree that there is certainly room for some form of improvement upon the system presented to us for this latest vote.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 01.06.14 at 13:22. Reason: typo

World
    Sandycove
    Seems this community vote has caused more arguments between players than anything else..

Someone earlier suggested the best way round it. Let us vote for what we want; the top 3 get it and we can only buy one of them, problem solved surely?

World
    Sandycove
    Reading through this thread felt like watching BBC Daily Politics. I didn't vote this time coz main things people want are limited to 1 plus it's not important. Peace.
    Thy A Wierdo Thee

World
    Newfoundland
    I have been reading this, Cant believe its into its 5th page, moving on................

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    can honestly say I'm disappointed by the results, think the outcome shows how flawed the vote was in the first place. The first section should of been no vote at all just pick 1 of the 3 from the merchant and everyone would of been happy. The second section clearly shows that after a player had picked 1-3 things they actually liked they just hit random selections until they got to the required 8. I can't honestly see anyone paying a huge amount of guild coins for book fittings, advanced paper or the marble refill.

never mind I can always save my guild coins for all the truly epic selections that are bound to be in the 5th vote.

Reply to Thread