Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Fourth Community Vote

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Wow what stupidity is this I see, people chose the Storehouse over the School?? The storehouse is readily available already, the 7th School is not!! Clearly some people don't know that it's upgradeable to level 5 still..

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by MutantKid View Post
    I have to agree with whats been said here, absolutely crazy decision to vote for the storehouse instead of the school which came last in the vote.

I only assume there are more new players than I thought there were!
    I think a lot of old "not so well-informed" players voted that way too..
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    I can think of only one reason to explain why people voted storage and not schools and that is they believe that they could insert the storage where they already have a regular store and that they do not have the space left to add another school. If the above was not the reason then i'm as baffled as the rest of you as to the result.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

World
    Newfoundland
    Yippeeeee, another improved storehouse!!
    If at first you don't succeed, sky-diving is not for you.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyDent View Post
    wow, no school and no Fairy fires, what were you people thinking!

i agree with the above, these were the only things worth voting for.
    this was a bad vote.......
    i was going to buy fairy fire for gc for the event..... i won't buy nothing except storehouse now... rest is ussles to me
    Last edited by jubuti; 30.05.14 at 19:00.

World
    Northisle

Unhappy

NOOOOO!!!!!! I want a Battle Hardened General!!! ;'( [CRY]
    Kaze no koe....

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Wow!

I see a lot of insults and arrogance weaving through a lot of these posts, many of which seem to revolve around the fact that the Improved Storehouse won despite it being a non-limited item. So I'm gonna spell out the four reasons why I reckon it won the vote:

1. Village Schools.
    They take a fixed period of time to generate settlers and this does not suit quite a lot of play styles. For people who are able to do adventuring regularly they are perfect. However, for folks who adventure sporadically they are surplus to requirements and for those who go through bursts of trying to cram as much adventuring into a relatively short space of time (e.g. on days off and/or using 1 day premium tokens bought with Star Coins) they are just not fast enough and the only way to get settlers fast enough is by using Retired Bandits that can be made during 'downtime' and stashed in star for when they are needed.

2. Battle Hardened General
    Once a Veteran or Major is obtained, there are only really two uses for a BHG: transporting troops and sacrifice attacks. It's been a long time now since FT adventures were introduced, so many players have managed to obtain one or more QMGs so, for them, another transport general isn't really required and the MMA does a far superior job as a sacrifice general than a BHG.

3. Improved Storehouse
    There is a significant chunk of the player base that spend the bulk of their time trading goods and buying loot spots rather than adventuring themselves. To them the improved storehouse offers the possibility of buying and selling greater amounts at a relatively cheap price.

4. None of the Above
    There are others for whom all three of these items are surplus to requirements and, as the only non-limited item, the improved storehouse is the only one of these that can be bought with a view to being traded to another player, whether with a view to making a profit, or to offer a friend/guildmate the opportunity to buy a second one for guild coins.

Since this vote was announced I have seen viewpoints expressed for all three of the items where the one advocating them described their reasons as being a "no brainer" (or words to that effect) and, in each of the minds of those making them, I am sure it made sense for the way they choose to play the game and what stage of development their island is at. Just because another person's reasoning doesn't make sense for you doesn't mean it is wrong for them.

To me, that's one of the beautiful things about this game, the many and diverse approaches different players take. Just because someone has a different way of playing than you doesn't make them "wrong" or "stupid", it just makes the game more interesting, because if we all played exactly the same way, it would get very boring around here!

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    The answer is far simpler: the storehouse is the only one that is tradeable.
    Personally I'm gutted we didn't get the school.

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Here is why it should have been the school and why it's not just a case of different game styles:

1. The school is a limited item. BHG's and Improved Stores are abundant in the merchant, they have also been given away in events within the last year.

2. Schools can now be upgraded to L5. Each school produces 60 Settlers per day.

3. Each school replaces a minimum of 12-18 buildings (2 L4 bakeries, 3 L5 Farms, 2 L5 mills, 2 L5 watermills/(or 8 wells), fields, 3 L5 silos). OR, considerably more if you haven't upgraded buildings. Yes, you did read that correctly...

4. What other building in the game is that powerful? Who does not stand to benefit from it? The new player with limited building licences and resources? The mid-level player adventuring hard for L50? The long-time L50 with little island space?

I have 6 level 5 Village Schools, producing 360 settlers per day with zero consumption, I am a moderate adventurer and have not needed to use any settler refills in months. An extra school strengthens the benefit further.

I do not believe that there are that many players out there that do no adventuring at all, everyone does some and the school is even more powerful when you only do a few adventures a week.

As for your theory on the improved stores being good for the 'people who only trade', they will probably be sold for as little as 6k GC during the event. The village school allows you to sell your bread instead. Six of them at l5 will give you 3.3 million bread per year back, which could be sold for a total of around 100k gold coins.

Unfortunately BB gave people too many options and some of the community have picked all of the turkeys.

So back to that word, yes, 'stupidity'...
    Last edited by Baggis; 31.05.14 at 01:56.

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Baggis View Post
    1. The school is a limited item. BHG's and Improved Stores are abundant in the merchant, they have also been given away in events within the last year.
    So has the school... and more of them have been made available from events than BHGs (or equivalent) during the time I have been playing.

2. Schools can now be upgraded to L5. Each school produces 60 Settlers per day.
    Settlers made with bread can be stored in star and used to replenish instantly as required, which is far more useful for those with limited premium time.

3. Each school replaces a minimum of 12-18 buildings (2 L4 bakeries, 3 L5 Farms, 2 L5 mills, 2 L5 watermills/(or 8 wells), fields, 3 L5 silos). OR, considerably more if you haven't upgraded buildings.
    Schools cannot make fish food or help make baskets. Bread is multifunctional and can be sold when you do not have the time to adventure.

4. What other building in the game is that powerful? Who does not stand to benefit from it? The new player with limited building licences and resources? The mid-level player adventuring hard for L50? The long-time L50 with little island space?
    Players that do little/no adventuring... and yes they do exist!

I do not believe that there are that many players out there that do no adventuring at all, everyone does some and the school is even more powerful when you only do a few adventures a week.
    Your argument is flawed, I have an account on a different server where I usually only do adventures when a GQ or DQ asks me to do one.... on that account I have no schools, have never used a love potion or other buff to increase population recovery rate and my star is full of settlers building up from GQs that require me to make them. Now... tell me again how Village Schools are useful for everyone... I've been feeling a little down lately and could use a good laugh! ;-)

As for your theory on the improved stores being good for the 'people who only trade', they will probably be sold for as little as 6k GC during the event.
    You've completely misread my point here. When I said, "To them the improved storehouse offers the possibility of buying and selling greater amounts at a relatively cheap price.", I meant it would allow them to get a bigger storage capacity and therefore be able to trade larger amounts on the TO.

Six of them at l5 will give you 3.3 million bread per year back...
    Only if you are continually below maximum population... and your bread production would be reduced if you remove farms/mills/bakers/etc. to make room for them as Sharahzade proposed earlier in this thread. If you don't have time to adventure regularly enough then settlers produced by schools can easily be wasted... surplus bread produced by bakers can be sold. Surplus settlers cannot.

Unfortunately BB gave people too many options...
    The only point in your post I agree with.

So back to that word, yes, 'stupidity'...
    Quote Originally Posted by Inigo_Montoya
    You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Reply to Thread