Reply to Thread

Thread: Just thinking out loud.

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland

Just thinking out loud.

Hi!

I received an email earlier today from Ubisoft:

You have already shown your skill playing The Settlers® Online. We're inviting you to prove it in our new game: Panzer General® Online. Panzer General Online just entered Open Beta and focuses on tactical turn-based duels on the battlefields of World War II. Its innovative gameplay incorporates elements of tabletops and collectible card games.

There is nothing to download, and nothing to install: Just sign up and play!

To get you started, we will provide you with an exclusive Starter Package: You will get an M2A1 howitzer for your American army as well as a German Marder II tank destroyer. Additionally you will receive 500 Coins so you can immediately start expanding your army. Click now and redeem your gift:
    Is this why nothing gets done on this game, cos ya'll just keep making new ones??

Thanks,
    Sinister-King

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I'd be pretty amazed if they weren't making other games, Ubisoft have some pretty big projects on the go and I would imagine one development team has little or nothing to do with another, might be wrong though.

World
    Newfoundland
    Both Ubisoft and the Blue Byte studio have more than one project. Most big companies out there are developing more than 1 game and, as Bluesavanah guessed, different teams have different projects (it would be pretty chaotic otherwise in my opinion).

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    Whilst I see the logic of the posts from Bluesavanah and BB_Ravel I have to absolutely agree with Sinister-King and the view that nothing gets done on this game and as such the focus of BlueByte seems to be on other projects.

Whilst we do get some newbie coders that appear to have never played the game and are allowed to play with collectibles and release known, tested and significant bugs into the game we don't get any development of the things promised in so many Developer Dairies that have been released over the last 2 1/2 years.

Its about time we got a Dev Dairy update that was open and honest and had the courage to say "These are the list of things that we said we was working on but have now scrapped and here's the list of the stuff that we will continue to work on". At least that way we can stop asking for updates on enhancements that have been stated as been in development but wont ever see the light of day.

World
    Sandycove
    agree fish
    Retired settler, may 2012 - oktober 2017

Architect of the Empire Sinister-King's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    I think the development team are being spread too thin, with the priority being on producing new games.

We've had Anno and now Panzer, both games released in under 12 months ..congratulations ..but we still don't have PvP or lvl 51+ and it's been in the 'planning' for well over 2 years! - [Dev Diary] April 2012.

Secondly, we can soon upgrade a level 5 farm to 6, great .. what about the other 85 buildings?

I truly believe the 'development team' consists of 1 or maybe 2 part timers.

Thanks for your response Ravel, but lets see some real movement in this game.

Sinister-King
    Last edited by Sinister-King; 21.05.14 at 22:02.

Architect of the Empire
    World
    Sandycove
    I ask myself a lot lately was the game designed to keep me here after the fairytale content, increasingly the answer is no. After the football event I can see a fair amount of veteran players just not bothering any more. As it is at the moment there's a pretty big chunk of my friends bar that doesn't bother.

As with any single player version of settlers it seems the online version has a 'shelf-life' and once it's run it's course maybe it's time to move on.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-King View Post
    I truly believe the 'development team' consists of 1 or maybe 2 part timers.
    I'll bet that this project is given to new starters as something to ease them in to the job and then they are moved on to another, more important, project or shown the door based on how they perform on this over a short space of time... Some of the decisions of late have reeked of this being the case.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    I ask myself a lot lately was the game designed to keep me here after the fairytale content, increasingly the answer is no. After the football event I can see a fair amount of veteran players just not bothering any more. As it is at the moment there's a pretty big chunk of my friends bar that doesn't bother.

As with any single player version of settlers it seems the online version has a 'shelf-life' and once it's run it's course maybe it's time to move on.
    Hi
    Point taken i have had bugs since day one and due to the fact that i used to play this game in the past and enjoyed it....and the help given to me by higher level and longer playing settlers i am still wondering if this is a passing fad for a lack of a better word
    i was apprehensive about playing this game online...i'm glad i did enjoyed it immensely but reading what higher level players have to say....will i be playing this game a year or 2 down the road
    I really think pvp is the way forward (and maybe expanding the island for level '50' if not possibly a 2nd island competing with other level '50' players to own it ???)
    forward planning is key special events is all well and good but for level '50' there should be more from time to time.

Reply to Thread