Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: More space? Take it offshore...

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by hades8840 View Post
    i dont see the issue you will always be able to sell of the old items to ppl who dont buy gems like i did with almost all my old silos
    For what? I can't get gems for them and selling the old items will never give enough to be able to get the new items, not even close, so they are a total waste of real money, I've spent over 70k gems on watermills, no doubt all the free players will all start saying it was your choice, but at the end of the day replacing an item that cost gems for a better one is a bad idea unless we can get the gems back for the old item.

It was suggested when they added the improved silo that we be able to trade them back or buy an upgrade in the market for gems, at the end of the day the normal silo was about the same price as the improved one per farm, so all we were paying for was the extra space, that cost me over 98k gems, I had already spent over 93k on normal silo so that was a total waste of real money, it wont happen again, next upgrade building wont be bought, I'm sure I'm not the only one that was annoyed by the improved silo, again a kick in the teeth for old high lvl players that have already spent a lot of time and money in the game, new players got all the advantages of the improved silo for half the cost, and the only ones to gain out of this were the people buying silo for things other than gems, that must have lost BB a fair old amount of money.

So why make a better version of a building we already have that cost real money when there are many other building they can improve and make available for gems such as the baker and windmill? I would have no problem paying for a new building that would give me space and licences back, then if they run out of premium buildings they can make start looking at making improved versions, but to make them when there are lots of others they can improve makes no sense at all, I still want a bakery along the lines of the friary that makes double the amount of bread and requires no windmill, they could easily do that, then they could do a tree cutter and forester combined in one building, they could make premium building to replace just about everything we can build

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluesavanah View Post
    true but on northisle wheat is roughly 16gc per 1k and water is 4gc per 1k, when placing buy orders. (yes I do have a character there).
    I don't sell water or wheat, I need both for bread, brew, and horses, so I need water as much as wheat which makes the space as valuable for both. (I have accounts on all five english speaking servers)

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    lol and things evolve thats just the way it is. why should a game differ from how real life is something new comes out some will upgrade, some will wait and some just wont bother...
    so you spent 100k of gems on your watermills does a new one coming out stop your old ones working, NO it doesnt so so any argument you have over them is mute.. you choose to buy them and you choose to change them, if you wish.
    the fact you dont want a upgraded version is selfish because you have already spent on the ones you have.
    btw i am telling you it was your choice and i aint a free player i spent a fortune on watermills, silos and then improved silos but that was my choice i wanted things easier for myself so i spent if they bring out a watermill that does 3 times the water great i will sell my watermills and buy the new ones because that gives me space
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post
    For what? I can't get gems for them and selling the old items will never give enough to be able to get the new items, not even close, so they are a total waste of real money, I've spent over 70k gems on watermills, no doubt all the free players will all start saying it was your choice, but at the end of the day replacing an item that cost gems for a better one is a bad idea unless we can get the gems back for the old item.

It was suggested when they added the improved silo that we be able to trade them back or buy an upgrade in the market for gems, at the end of the day the normal silo was about the same price as the improved one per farm, so all we were paying for was the extra space, that cost me over 98k gems, I had already spent over 93k on normal silo so that was a total waste of real money, it wont happen again, next upgrade building wont be bought, I'm sure I'm not the only one that was annoyed by the improved silo, again a kick in the teeth for old high lvl players that have already spent a lot of time and money in the game, new players got all the advantages of the improved silo for half the cost, and the only ones to gain out of this were the people buying silo for things other than gems, that must have lost BB a fair old amount of money.

So why make a better version of a building we already have that cost real money when there are many other building they can improve and make available for gems such as the baker and windmill? I would have no problem paying for a new building that would give me space and licences back, then if they run out of premium buildings they can make start looking at making improved versions, but to make them when there are lots of others they can improve makes no sense at all, I still want a bakery along the lines of the friary that makes double the amount of bread and requires no windmill, they could easily do that, then they could do a tree cutter and forester combined in one building, they could make premium building to replace just about everything we can build
    Last edited by hades8840; 25.05.14 at 15:12.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    There is one major pitfall with refunds for gem buildings which I have not noticed being mentioned yet. Namely who is entitled to to refund, is it the building owner or the building purchaser. I've brought buildings off other players for the price of 1 fish when they have decided to sell all when they quit the game. Why should I be entitled to a free upgrade of such buildings.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Dedicated Scribe
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve1077 View Post

+1 to all of this. I vowed not to buy an improved silo and so far have stood true to my word. Silos were initially sold to solve a problem, one that BB created. So once you have laid out your cash for the solution, you expect the problem to stay sorted. BB then engineers more problems - new buildings to place, new higher level adventures with higher requirements; its solution, improved silos to give more room! Yes, my fields are being refilled still but I am now at a disadvantage to newer players: less space = less production = less real terms buying power. BB is a business but I've said this before and I'll say it again, they should have offered level 6 upgrades for silos costing gems. They get their lump of cash, we don't throw away that which we have already spent, nobody has wasted money/expensive resources buying and upgrading their shop items and everybody is happy.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    sorry i dont see some of this buildings shipyard,harbour.deep sea fiehery etc. my level 43 going to 44 lvl soon

Town Councillor
    World
    Northisle
    I have already outsourced a big portion of my Wheat and Water production to other players' island.

It currently costs me 42 coins per week to obtain as much water as 1 watermill produces.
    Factoring in all costs in sum, I would spend over 20k coins to make up for 1 watermill upgraded to lv5, which then produces 1k water per day ... so it would take roughly 9 years(!) for a single Watermill to pay off, ignoring the fact that I could earn interest on those 20k by engaging merchant activity in the Trade Office.
    Thinking that I probably won't spend more than a year or two on the game and that even if, watermills will probably also be replaced by an Improved Version sooner or later - I'll rather outsource the production towards other players.

That doesn't solve the root cause, but watermills are somehow dead.

Reply to Thread