Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Using MMA for achievements

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    Achievement "The Joust" - Complete The Black Knights without using xb and K does not complete with MMA..

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by MonOlykos View Post
    Is anyone knows if we use Cavalry for blocks, in an "No cavalry" achivement, if it works?
    Sorry to miss this - no, using cavalry in blocks is still using them, so it wont work.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by bobsie View Post
    Sorry to miss this - no, using cavalry in blocks is still using them, so it wont work.
    I think you're wrong. Technically no troops are used in blocks unless they fails and gives you a battle report.
    I've done IotP using only R on MG but S and ES in blocks - I had all achievements done (even that "only use R").
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

World
    Sandycove
    hmmm, from what i can tell, the coding for the MMA has conflicts with many of the "use no 'x' troops".
    I have been informed that the MMA counts/acts as ALL TYPES of troop attacks (dont know why,dont know how, but thats what i 'ere-tell amongst the grape-vines. lolz)
    yet another piece of cowboy coding on behalf o BB
    Last edited by DUNJAI; 01.06.14 at 16:17. Reason: correction of typo's
    He who speaks often, knows little;
    Those that know, speak rarely.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    If you check the achievement descriptions, they are telling what troops ain't restricted - MoMA's firststrike splash is never mentioned there so logically it's not counted as "ALL TYPES" but plainly never counted as a "non-restricted troop type".
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    I think you're wrong. Technically no troops are used in blocks unless they fails and gives you a battle report.
    I've done IotP using only R on MG but S and ES in blocks - I had all achievements done (even that "only use R").
    OK, I shall defer to you! I cant check as I did them all ages ago

If anyone else is able to report back with clarification, it'd be appreciated.

Erudite Pioneer
    World
    Newfoundland
    Made a new guide specifically for RB achievement, use no xbows or cannons. I used the MMA. Obviously it failed. My ls passed though. I wish they would announce these bugs, i havent had time to check forums these last 2 weeks so didnt see this until help channel pointed out that its a bug or working as expected because MMA is counted as all troop types.

I dont see the logic in an MMA being all troop types. Why isnt a VET or a BHG or any of the other special gens? This sounds like a bug plain and simple. Also the achievement does not mention MMA at all. It states quite specifically what troops u can and can't use.

Bleh anyways, wasted literally hours on this crap. First time I have been very annoyed at the shoddy dev work. My time is very limited recently, so was very disappointing to experience this. Honestly, that popup we get on login should mention bugs like this. How hard is it to pop in the bugs so everyone knows what they are as soon as they login, instead of having to trawl the forums all the time.

/end rant

World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by BB_Ravel View Post
    UPDATE: The date of this deployment has been changed to the 5th of June 2014.

The changes above will not be visible (since the event will be inactive until the 12th of June to allow all instances to start at the same time), but some bug fixes should be included (the achievement bugs connected to the MMA general).
    According to BB_Ravel the MMA bug will be fixed.

Reply to Thread