Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Option for members in a guild to participate/disable the Guild quests

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    SmurfAsH
    As you say it would be a lot better than it is now. Why I used the words 'brilliant idea' was because there have been lots of posts about the guild quests which have been quashed very quickly and I genuinely think this is a very good idea and its about time we moved forward.

I think there would be loads of co-operation still and maybe even more. Most people work better under a bit of pressure.
    Last edited by Mortallicus; 29.05.14 at 19:23.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Sandycove
    And shuffle up the quests, fed up with the same 2 over and over again.
    The system is obsessed with Isle of Pirates or "experience 2 new advs".
    No wonder they are causing problems, and it makes starting a nice large adv almost impossible as you know it will get interrupted.
    200 new quests promised, but 198 of them don't seem to have arrived.
    Opt out is the only sane solution until the GQs are made much more fair.

Eggcellent Essayist Mortallicus's Avatar
    World
    Northisle
    Currently we cannot risk cancelling GQs because we may lose them altogether for up to two weeks. When they are reset every two weeks we get them back. Some guilds for some reason have cancelled with no problems at all. Others lose them.

70% of our members want to do guild quests or a least are willing for the sake of others. But we need 80% to complete them. A high proportion of our members will help others for free.

The same few quests over and over is boring. Too many have adventures in them. Or they need to be diluted with more quests that dont. But it is possible to have to do 3 Black Knights in a Row for example. Unfortunately some players shoot themselves in the foot by then pushing up the prices for guild quest adventures.

Trying to do big adventures for your own enjoyment can be hard for those with limited time to play.

The adventure Achievements are quite good fun and actually for a short time help the GQs.

Opt out could work but surely would be a nightmare for BB to calculate the percentage of people to complete, as most would probably only want to opt out now and again.

So to me Tripi's plan of a new Quest every day with bonuses is the best option . Most of the current quests we complete within 24/36 hours just the occasional one taking several days which we would gladly cancel if we didnt then lose quests altogether.

Keen Commentor
    World
    Northisle
    Currently the selection of guild quests varies depending on the size of your guild. For individual players, the tasks then vary depending on their level. Easier tasks for lower lv players is a good thing, but I suggest there should be a difficulty level for the overall guild quest selection as well. The guild leader could choose whether the guild pursues easy, intermediate, or advanced guild quests. Guilds that have lots of casual players could choose easier quests and would still be able to complete the quests at a relatively short time; Guilds of HC players could pick the advanced ones knowing their members are online a lot and dedicated to playing the game.

The harder types of quests would award more guild coins and would have most of the adventure quests like "complete the nords/ black knights/ any 2 adventures" etc. Easier ones would have a lower ggc yield, but would also have quicker, easier tasks that also casual players have no difficult completing: "sell/buy X resources, buff 5 buildings" etc. This way casual players have a way of participating in the quests and earning some ggc in guilds that pursue the easier quests, while active guilds who make harder efforts to clear the advanced quests are rewarded with more ggc for their work.

PS. Tripi's suggestion earlier in this thread also has my full support. I thought of this alternative way of organizing the guild quests and thought I might as well share it. I think it would still be an improvement to the current system, and possibly requires less changes in how the live game works now so BB might have an easier time applying it.
    Last edited by King-Fero; 30.05.14 at 06:12.

Jolly Advisor
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    It could be a lot simpler if BB just changed the manner GQ worked.
    At the moment an entire guild is penalized if a few members become leachers/slackers, whereas they should really only reward those focused on participation.

Guilds kick people for failing GQ = people leave the game = Bad business model = obviously needs a rethink

The simplest way to do this would be:
    One GQ per day, every day.

Whoever completes that gets their guild coins and a bonus depending on how many actually complete during the day.
    This still rewards stronger, more active guilds and yet allows other guilds to exist without penalizing some players simply because a few guild members cannot complete GQ every day.
    Something like this would work against guilds who are less active but want to "fully" complete one or two quests per week. Maybe need to respect different playstyles a bit more - but you could reset the guild quest every maintenance instead of every other. (That would be easier to remember too!)

The trouble with the bonus based on % completed is that it encourage guilds to miss the difficult quests - which undermines the model. In my view a key benefit of guild quests is the way that they encourage guild members to work together and help one another to get (80%) of the quests done. So I favour continuing the current model but tweaking the quests:
    • No single player adventures: there is no way you can help another guildmate with these
    • Reduce the frequency of the more difficult adventures
    • Include co-op adventures

As for kicking people who do not complete their guild quests. I think it totally legitimate that guilds set their own parameters for the style of play and the behaviours of their members. I always make sure that my guild's approach is clear before I accept someone into the guild. I am far more likely to kick someone who repeatedly is truly active, has not completed their quest within 48hrs of it starting and has not asked for help or explained why they cannot complete it.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripi View Post
    The simplest way to do this would be:
    One GQ per day, every day.
    Whoever completes that gets their guild coins and a bonus depending on how many actually complete during the day.
    This still rewards stronger, more active guilds and yet allows other guilds to exist without penalizing some players simply because a few guild members cannot complete GQ every day.
    I think its a great suggestion and solution for the guild quests!

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavona View Post
    Something like this would work against guilds who are less active but want to "fully" complete one or two quests per week. Maybe need to respect different playstyles a bit more - but you could reset the guild quest every maintenance instead of every other. (That would be easier to remember too!)

The trouble with the bonus based on % completed is that it encourage guilds to miss the difficult quests - which undermines the model. In my view a key benefit of guild quests is the way that they encourage guild members to work together and help one another to get (80%) of the quests done. So I favour continuing the current model but tweaking the quests:
    • No single player adventures: there is no way you can help another guildmate with these
    • Reduce the frequency of the more difficult adventures
    • Include co-op adventures

As for kicking people who do not complete their guild quests. I think it totally legitimate that guilds set their own parameters for the style of play and the behaviours of their members. I always make sure that my guild's approach is clear before I accept someone into the guild. I am far more likely to kick someone who repeatedly is truly active, has not completed their quest within 48hrs of it starting and has not asked for help or explained why they cannot complete it.

Active or semi active or little active.. in my guild i want my members to play as they want in their own playing time within reason.
    We had to make a rule to finish the gq becasue of the easy critic that can spark ("why isnt the guild quest done? why doesnt some finishing their guild quest?") ,the problem is that i cannot see gq as priority,
    and also that the gq system is so poorly made as it is atm,but still i have to have the rule becasue of the sparks.
    I just have to go along with it... the main problem of the gq system is this:

*do a black knight.
    *do 2 adventures.
    *with them above maybe some totally ignore/to heavy to make.
    *(not a problem but becomes with guild quests) members play at their own pace and be away from tso for a while/days.
    *(just a feeling) for some members the gq becomes the definition of a guild.
    Its not and specially not with the current poorly mono designed quests.
    Last edited by Astraldimension; 30.05.14 at 11:09.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraldimension View Post
    the main problem of the gq system is this:

*do a black knight.
    *do 2 adventures.
    *with them above maybe some totally ignore/to heavy to make.
    *(not a problem but becomes with guild quests) members play at their own pace and be away from tso for a while/days.
    *(just a feeling) for some members the gq becomes the definition of a guild.
    Its not and specially not with the current poorly mono designed quests.
    "main problem" - I would rather say you listed some symptoms..

"*do a black knight." - Really? What's the problem here? What obsticle hinder lvl46+ members from getting it done?

"*do 2 adventures." - How hard is it to do DP?

"*with them above maybe some totally ignore/to heavy to make." - Seems like bad co-operation.

"*(not a problem but becomes with guild quests) members play at their own pace and be away from tso for a while/days." - this shouldn't be a problem as it's not everyone needed to do their GQ, but only 80%; thou GQ is given as waiting GQ to active players atm and will get activated later for all of those players...even though some of them had been flagged as inactive. The latter is the main problem here.

"*(just a feeling) for some members the gq becomes the definition of a guild.
    Its not and specially not with the current poorly mono designed quests." - So what else is there? You really don't need to be in a guild if you just want to chat or do advs..

Also, have you compared those "2 advs-GQ"s with 'Songs of Seasons' there all members from 36 to 50 have to do 1 adv? Did you find the latter to be easily done?
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post243772
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by SmurfAsH View Post
    "main problem" - I would rather say you listed some symptoms..

"*do a black knight." - Really? What's the problem here? What obsticle hinder lvl46+ members from getting it done?

"*do 2 adventures." - How hard is it to do DP?

"*with them above maybe some totally ignore/to heavy to make." - Seems like bad co-operation.

"*(not a problem but becomes with guild quests) members play at their own pace and be away from tso for a while/days." - this shouldn't be a problem as it's not everyone needed to do their GQ, but only 80%; thou GQ is given as waiting GQ to active players atm and will get activated later for all of those players...even though some of them had been flagged as inactive. The latter is the main problem here.

"*(just a feeling) for some members the gq becomes the definition of a guild.
    Its not and specially not with the current poorly mono designed quests." - So what else is there? You really don't need to be in a guild if you just want to chat or do advs..

Also, have you compared those "2 advs-GQ"s with 'Songs of Seasons' there all members from 36 to 50 have to do 1 adv? Did you find the latter to be easily done?
    http://forum.thesettlersonline.com/t...l=1#post243772
    Hey smurfash,

For me me as a player the guild quests is managable,but i am lvl 50 and very active.
    For your latter i agree its not that good..

I made this thread for a whole guild in perspective thinking of all the members in a guild,the guild quest system is really bad atm,but can be done alot better.
    Thats why i wanted an option for members to choose to participate/not participate in gq for an example but there is other suggestions also that is really good.
    Last edited by Astraldimension; 30.05.14 at 16:51.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Astraldimension View Post
    Hey smurfash,

For me me as a player the guild quests is managable,but i am lvl 50 and very active.
    For your latter i agree its not that good..

I made this thread for a whole guild in perspective thinking of all the members in a guild.
    I'm officer in a large guild and has been dealing with GQ for a year. I know the perspectives and how the GQ system is (not) working. I've seen a lot of ideas written here without being considered first.
    Giving members option to participate/disable the Guild quests won't work...pretty much for the same reason GQ ain't done - too many players wouldn't pay attention to use it.
    25/11-14 , 23/02-16 .. The end is coming and it will look like this .

Reply to Thread