Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Achievements: Additional information

Town Crier
    World
    Northisle
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    What is the solution to players that have already skilled up the geos before this implemented ? or is it a case of use gems for a full refund or loose half your books? ...or buy more Jollies and invest even more books in them? - fixed that for you!
    Looks like an indicator that this system of achievements was not designed with long-standing players in mind, if you ask me!

Also my opinion is its not an achievements system as an achievement means you have achieved something, completing all the achievements for adv buy buying an ls is not an achievement in my mind but thats me.
    +1

I was discussing the achievements for Gunpowder recently with a friend, I think my reaction to his suggestion that the easiest way to get them was to buy a loot spot best sums up my feelings on this which was to say that it "seems like a really cheap way to get it". I'm not sure exactly how they could have implemented it fairly, as restricting achievements so they only unlock for the player who starts the adventure could lead to other issues, but I am sure they could have set some sort of minimum xp award required for each adventure before the achievements trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by djnelson99 View Post
    That, and you can't use MoMA of course.
    That should be fixed now, according to the change log.
    Last edited by Ozzymandeus; 05.06.14 at 18:09. Reason: typos

Pathfinder
    World
    Newfoundland
    I don't seem to be able to find all the deposits on the island. I am missing one. At the same time, I have one endless copper mine. Is this the reason I am not able to finish "lay of the land"?

I am realy not interested in tearing down my copper mine to do achievement?

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Why not put more rewards on achievements, now i'm only interested on that which have a reward.

Pathfinder
    World
    Sandycove
    7. The Endless Campaign and others

Adventures completed in the past are not taken into consideration.
    Not a bug: Only adventures completed after the maintenance on the 22nd of May affect this kind of achievements.

This concerns "Remember your roots" which while not stated would come under the "and others" section
    It states you have to have completed 1000 hours on adventures, this is actually on the adventures not just having one going and being on the home island (I tested this).

Well I have to disagree about "Adventures completed in the past are not taken into consideration"
    A guild colleague right from the start had "remember your roots" completed. So from 22 may until the achievements came live said colleague completed 1000 hours on adventures, I do not think so. even running 24 hours a day it would not have amounted to 1000 hours.
    It may not be a bug but, I believe the calculation has gone wrong at some point.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    The settlers online does not support loot slot sales and 1 rec kills, makes me wonder why the devs implemented a feature that promotes 1 troop kill ls.

Also my opinion is its not an achievements system as an achievement means you have achieved something, completing all the achievements for adv buy buying an ls is not an achievement in my mind but thats me. Personally I pretend its not there, me and the devs clearly have different ideas on what the word achievement means.
    Think you've got confused there. Lootspot sales (and their accompanying risks) are carried out outside of normal trade, therefore BB carries no responsibility for either player not holding up their end of the deal.
    Lootspots themselves were built-in from the get-go, maybe not with the intention that players would do the minimum, but that's how they've always worked and if this was so abhorrent I'm sure things would have been changed.

Returning to the original topic in hand, this was so avoidable but once more lamentable testing and complete denial where feedback was concerned, any wonder this happened?
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Guide of the Month Ruler of the Land Nogbad's Avatar
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by mjfen View Post
    7. The Endless Campaign and others

Adventures completed in the past are not taken into consideration.
    Not a bug: Only adventures completed after the maintenance on the 22nd of May affect this kind of achievements.

This concerns "Remember your roots" which while not stated would come under the "and others" section
    It states you have to have completed 1000 hours on adventures, this is actually on the adventures not just having one going and being on the home island (I tested this).

Well I have to disagree about "Adventures completed in the past are not taken into consideration"
    A guild colleague right from the start had "remember your roots" completed. So from 22 may until the achievements came live said colleague completed 1000 hours on adventures, I do not think so. even running 24 hours a day it would not have amounted to 1000 hours.
    It may not be a bug but, I believe the calculation has gone wrong at some point.
    Have to agree with that last point. Noticed a variance from server to server, seems like dumb luck as to whether some of these clock up or not.
    We love our new CM.

Newfoundland: 20th November 2011 to 25th November 2014. RIP
    It was good while it lasted.

Glorious Graduate
    World
    Newfoundland
    The counting towards achievements began on the 07/05/2014. Buy/get a loot-spot that has been on for days and you suddenly got a lot of hours on adv. - and in no time you got 1000 hours on adv. You inherit the hours the loot-seller has used on his/hers adv.

BB's idea was that we shared the effort on 2- and 3-players adv. Most of us do not - that is why no-one actually have to do the adv. with those special demands (only goes for 2- and 3-player adv.)

It was fun for as long as it lasted. ;-)

More achievements wanted - fewer collectibles needed.

Ruler of the Land
    World
    Sandycove
    By default there are only 54 deposits (mines) on the home island and the achievement asks you to find more.
    Not a bug: It is possible to find more than 54 mines on the home island with a trained geologist ("Lucky Find" skill).
    Status: The description will be modified to avoid confusion.

What is the solution to players that have already skilled up the geos before this implemented ? or is it a case of use gems for a full refund or loose half your books?
    You could also obtain another geo without any need for a full or partial book refund.
    When it comes to Gene pools and shallow ends they can be found at the bar drinking pina colada's

Reply to Thread