Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Still have population problem

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    I can understand you and Corona888, but the majority, who complain, do not have that population and they scream hardest

nice one btw

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    the bug is only costly if you are lazy and just throw settlers onto your mayors house until your pop is maxed. If that's the case you are adding 2x as many settlers as you need to.

If you can actually be bothered to do a little maths and work out how many troops you lost on the adventure and only add what you need to replace them, then the bug can be ignored.

I'm not excusing BB. I'm VERY disappointed about so much right now. But the workaround for this bug is so basic I cannot understand why people are still saying they are losing resources.
    Its probably because other people are right, Given certain circumstances they do waste resource's. No one is saying people lose more troops, But to say people do lose bread in certain circumstances is completely accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by inyi View Post
    It's crazy how some think this costs them resources and they should be compensated. Really, no resources are lost, you use those reources yourself. You could just rebuild your troops without the extra troops
    the constant screaming *refund* is silly
    *we can build extra troops omg, it's a bug i want a refund !!!*
    Not sure why the attitude? It just so happens you are incorrect, Should you actually have a conversation with someone like I did yesterday maybe you would understand why your wrong.

World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Dappadon View Post
    these people spend real money on premium and should not have to be doing this for 7 days.

This is why I said a weeks premium compensation, Its just not right to expect people to pay for something and be short changed on usage, I don't need this compensation but I fully +1 people who have wasted a weeks worth of premium time, they should be fully compensated

Quartermaster
    World
    Sandycove
    sorry, i disagree
    i did over 5 today and not silly small ones and not done either
    you end up in trouble if you do more adventures then you normally do and keep building extra settlers imo

Raving Rabbid
    World
    Sandycove
    You do not go to a minus population.

I'm going to make this as simple as possible. It's the last time I'll bother.

Let's imagine you do an adventure with 200 losses, for no other reason than 200 is an easy number to imagine.

You have two *CHOICES*

1) Kill 200 troops, add 200 new settlers. (Ignoring that your max pop is bugged and you could add more.) this is what I have been doing with absolutely no problems doing several adventures a day.

2) Kill 200 troops and add 400 settlers either because you deliberately want to exploit the bug, or you are too lazy to calculate losses and instead simply throw settlers on mayors house till it maxes out.

The pop does not go negative. The number of settlers employed on your home island will always be the minimum.

No lost resources. Only more troops to do more adventures.
    Last edited by Jim_B; 08.06.14 at 23:31.

Original Serf
    World
    Sandycove
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim_B View Post
    You do not go to a minus population.

I'm going to make this as simple as possible. It's the last time I'll bother.

Let's imagine you do an adventure with 200 losses, for no other reason than 200 is an easy number to imagine.

You have two *CHOICES*

1) Kill 200 troops, add 200 new settlers. (Ignoring that your max pop is bugged and you could add more.) this is what I have been doing with absolutely no problems doing several adventures a day.

2) Kill 200 troops and add 400 settlers either because you deliberately want to exploit the bug, or you are too lazy to calculate losses and instead simply throw settlers on mayors house till it maxes out.

The pop does not go negative. The number of settlers employed on your home island will always be the minimum.

No lost resources. Only more troops to do more adventures.
    I seriously don't get why people can't get all of that, Jim.
    I also don't get why they complain about not being able to "max population".
    It's almost too frustrating. lol

Just because you can't max your population, it doesn't mean you're not producing the same amount of troops in a 24-hour period.
    You can only produce so much within a day!
    Even if you keep maxing your population, your barracks can only produce a certain amount of troops in a day.
    That's where the "real troop costs" go to.
    Any additional settlers you fill up are just settlers that you can queue.
    I don't get how people are losing out on premium.
    If within 24-hours you can only produce 7.2k recruits (with skunk buff used twice to cover 24 hours):
    With or without the bug only those 7.2k recruits would become available for your usage within a day.
    In fact, the bug allows you to queue so much more troops with less stress on having to hit the max population (i.e. it's much more beneficial for you when you have premium on!)

Put it simply, if you already have 24-hours queued in barracks, it doesn't matter if you add just "1 settler" to your mayor's house or "298423513579125715 settlers" because within 24-hours, you'd only be able to produce 7.2k recruits (or equivalent other troops to your choosing).
    The extra settlers that you add would only help you to queue your next troops AFTER that 24-hours of troops already queued.

So, the bug actually helps you get twice as much more room to have troops queued. Less stress, right? You might even be able to queue troops for 48+ hours if you have enough space, which you probably wouldn't be able to do without the bug. Of course, it's up you if you only add "1 settler" and queue 1 more unit in your barracks or "298423513579125715 settlers" and queue 298423513579125715 more units in your barracks. Either way, you don't really lose out on your regular endeavours because there'a limit on what you can produce in the barracks with a day.

Wordsmith
    World
    Newfoundland
    So add 100 settlers to available unemployed settlers. Then I train those 100 into Recruits. I go to war and I lose all 100 Recruits. Strangely my available population has just decreased by 200. Now some of my buildings stop working as there are no unemployed settlers to take on the role. So I have to add settlers to enable the buildings to operate and then also add more to replace the fallen recruits. In effect I am having to increase my population to a larger quantity than I lost troops. Not a big impact for me but for many they are wasting their precious bread.....

Quartermaster
    World
    Newfoundland
    Quote Originally Posted by Developer View Post
    I seriously don't get why people can't get all of that, Jim.
    I also don't get why they complain about not being able to "max population".
    It's almost too frustrating. lol

Just because you can't max your population, it doesn't mean you're not producing the same amount of troops in a 24-hour period.
    You can only produce so much within a day!
    Even if you keep maxing your population, your barracks can only produce a certain amount of troops in a day.
    That's where the "real troop costs" go to.
    Any additional settlers you fill up are just settlers that you can queue.
    I don't get how people are losing out on premium.
    If within 24-hours you can only produce 7.2k recruits (with skunk buff used twice to cover 24 hours):
    With or without the bug only those 7.2k recruits would become available for your usage within a day.
    In fact, the bug allows you to queue so much more troops with less stress on having to hit the max population (i.e. it's much more beneficial for you when you have premium on!)

Put it simply, if you already have 24-hours queued in barracks, it doesn't matter if you add just "1 settler" to your mayor's house or "298423513579125715 settlers" because within 24-hours, you'd only be able to produce 7.2k recruits (or equivalent other troops to your choosing).
    The extra settlers that you add would only help you to queue your next troops AFTER that 24-hours of troops already queued.

So, the bug actually helps you get twice as much more room to have troops queued. Less stress, right? You might even be able to queue troops for 48+ hours if you have enough space, which you probably wouldn't be able to do without the bug. Of course, it's up you if you only add "1 settler" and queue 1 more unit in your barracks or "298423513579125715 settlers" and queue 298423513579125715 more units in your barracks. Either way, you don't really lose out on your regular endeavours because there'a limit on what you can produce in the barracks with a day.
    Great until they remove the bug again and you accidentally have too many troops trained so the mines won't get any new workers. Were you asleep the last time the bug was removed?

Reply to Thread